Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition (59876 Views)

Bruce Willis Has Dementia, Family Announces / Lagos State Hand 'Glover Memorial Hall' To Olu Jacobs And His Wife, Joke Silva / Olu Jacobs Watches As His Wife, Joke Silva Feeds Their Grandchild (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
Rabiu0001:
Good one

Oga , why are you using a photograph from ten years ago, and from Haiti , to beg for money?

Why are you using someone else's photo to beg for money?

And reconstructive surgery....in a case that has already had the leg amputated...which reconstrcution dem go do.

Plus that is not National Hospital trauma ward. Have been there. That is not how the ward looks like.

Please stop it. What you are doing is wrong.

LINK TO THE ORIGINAL PHOTO

DESCRIPTION
Devastation after the January 12, 2010 earthquake. Cite Soleil slum hospital. Amputee patients in the Cite de Soleil Medicine Sans Frontiers clinic. 2/7/10
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by descarado: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
Mummyfour:
there's actually one of it's kind nursing, convalescence and old people's home of international standard in Abuja with up to date quality facilities.
I open mouth when I saw this place.
It took years of the owner going round western countries, and she replicated it here in Nigeria with dedicated staff.
The facility can pass for at least a 3 star hotel if you need to categorize it.
Infact the place is cool for people that can afford to take care of their loved ones, even when they are not readily available for them due to the stress involved and maybe tight schedule.
Doctors are on call, and nice meals and laundry is taken care of in the bills.
Old people's home is different from mental health home. What he need is mental health home not old people's home

Nigeria don't have mental people's home yet anywhere.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by aryzgreat: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
Rabiu0001:
Good one

May this scam picture be your portion

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by fostermd(m): 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2021
The life expectancy in Nigeria is average of 47/48 years hence we don't get to see many people with dementia.It typically sets in after 65 years though there are few cases before that which is Early -onset dementia and also in those with Down Syndrome.

The few cases seen in Nigeria, unfortunately are attributed to spiritual issues.

No cure for dementia yet, sadly.There are medications to slow the progress such Donepezil, Memantine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Tunagee(m): 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
billyG:
That's is not a good thing to happen to any old person it turns them to a bambino that can wee,poo on themselves,say incoherent gibberish & have to lock them indoor not to get lost in d neigbourhood,i have witnessed a boy told his dementia father to go back inside if not he will not buy him biscuits & he obeyed like a toddler.
For Olu his time to take a bow is near.

Funny dude you are grin
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Mariangeles(f): 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
WibusJaga:

Dignified form of madness.

Anyway take heart, For Better for Worse. A good wife sticks to the husband through thick & thin.

Flee from foolishness in your young age, so that misfortune does not catch up with you in your old age. Flee!!!

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by warlordd(m): 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
Laggafin:
Dis life sef..the more u try to understand it.. the more confused u get.. nawa o
U're right dear.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Bluntemperor: 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
Missyajoke:
It is well

God will heal him!
For in the Lord Jehovah is Evalasting Strengh'
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by FullBlastLight: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
Godjone:
sad

Did she actually said so abi na one among many of una misleading headlines.

But come to think of it. How comes these guys in nollywood has one terrible health story or the other

E be like say u no watch d video attached!

If not, u wld hv heard it frm d horse's mouth!
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by warlordd(m): 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Thank God he's married to a good and understanding woman.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by FullBlastLight: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
Moonie911:
What are you saying
Please have sense

Na u dey mind am!

He called himself scientist, bt there's nothing scientific abt his comment!

D comment looks like dt of a peasant or layman!

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by aribisala0(m): 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
1opinion:
Who really did this to you, WHO.....?
So, of all that you could think of on earth is that rubbish comment.
People speak from the wealth of their spirits
One expects apples from an apple tree
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Fatheroflove(m): 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
God help us men to retire to our old age in good health to enjoy ourselves, our children and our wealth. Let us not hustle finish and be left in the hands of wife as a care giver.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
descarado:

I'm afraid no recovery for such.
If it's in the West, they will put him in mental health home for licenced professionals to look after him till he join his ancestors. We still have a long way to go in this country. Less burden on him and his family.

Nigerian govt don't know how to take care of her citizen at all.

Hm.. pathetic!
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by iyke2frankeze: 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2021
WibusJaga:

Dignified form of madness.

Anyway take heart, For Better for Worse. A good wife sticks to the husband through thick & thin.

This your comment is rather too harsh.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Millimann:
See how she disclosed everything and everyone is cool with it.

But for the man in Abuja, everything would be shrouded in secrecy.
They are a well educated and progressive couple. The man in Abuja is an illiterate terrorist.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by chris51(f): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
Plantiff:
Alzheimer's disease, dementia or Parkinson's disease affects 3 million Americans annually despite their healthcare delivery system. I don't know the statistics in Nigeria because it isn't recorded.

Bill Gates is committed to finding the best possible solution for these diseases that attack when grandparents retire from labour and intend to spend quality time with their children and grandchildren. I think this disease killed Gates, the senior, and the father of the richest man in the world wouldn't die if money could treat dementia.

These category of diseases is better prevented than cured.

Dementia is a disease that is usually managed. In developed countries there are dementia care homes.

Those facilities are lacking in Nigeria which makes men that suffer from Dementia to be at the mercy of their wives.

Why am I saying all these?

I'm advising bachelors eligible for marriage to avoid evening newspapers at all cost. grin

Marry a woman that is at least 10 years younger than you so that if this disease sets in both of you would not suffer it together because women are more likely to suffer dementia than men.

Also, since there are no care homes in Nigeria, your survival depends on the willingness of your wife to take care of you since your children will be taking care of their own families.

Jacob's survival today is because he married a "very good" woman he is 19 years older than who is taking care of him .

You are right about age difference. The problem is, who takes of the woman if she develops such ailments?

2 Likes

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by folake4u(f): 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Awww. It is well with you both.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by one4GOD(f): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
WibusJaga:

For Better for Worse. A good wife sticks to the husband through thick & thin.
and a good husband ?.....
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by DOTian: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
This man married a very beuriful woman..

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
Much respect to her for making this public.She has drawn attention to a subject Nigerians don't like talking about.A lot of old people are labelled as 'witches' and 'evil' when all they merely suffering from dementia.

We have a knack for pretending a problem doesn't exist.Thats why we even elected one of them when the signs are clear as day.

Lastly,I am seeing from comments here that is making me conclude a lot of you guys are having early onset dementia too.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Mummyfour(f): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2021
descarado:

Old people's home is different from mental health home. What he need is mental health home not old people's home

Nigeria don't have mental people's home yet anywhere.
Na you see the home wey i dey talk about?
Haba naah!!
Have you toured round the country to know if such actually exists or not?
This one I saw incorporates almost everything that concerns health and that is why I made mention of it because of the topic on the thread DEMENTIA.
you should have just asked if the facility takes care of that too, instead of running down what I proposed.
It is not government owned, but owned and well managed by a private individual.
As at the last time I spoke to the owner, she told that 2 state government wants to replicate what she has done on a government level.
If it doesn't cover or meet up, she would not be getting such proposals.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by pocohantas(f): 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
Plantiff:

Jacob's survival today is because he married a "very good" woman he is 19 years older than who is taking care of him .

It is always about you guys. So who takes care of the woman when she is old? What of your beloved families? The ones that don’t allow your wives rest? The ones you claim suffered with you? What of your side-chicks, given that you guys are polygamous in nature? So they can’t take care of you in old age?

Later una go say marriage doesn’t benefit men. Whereas it provides you lots with a retirement nurse and dietician.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Freedom34: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Haven't u heard of village pipu b4?
Hian!
cool
englishmart:
lufe is indeed unpredictably unfair.
One demon nearly blinded my left eye at Ikoyi on Wednesday. We were walking in opposite directions when he suddenly stopped, turned around and flung his walking stick as though he was the only one that plies that road. Unfortunately, his stick caught my left eye, and before I could recover myself, he was already gone. who sent this guy this early morning?
I ended up spending thousands of hard-earned Nigerian naira.

Olu Jacobs the legend, God will facilitate your recovery. ]
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by PeachtreeReside(f): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
You need to stay the fvck off my mentions.

I was polite ooooo
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by medriano: 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
illicit:
Oh no wonder

That's why he forgot to shave undecided

You lack EMPATHY.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Newton85: 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
Good thing Olu Jacobs has a family that takes good care of him, if not, the superstitious barbarians we have here would lynch him after mistaken his dementia for so-called "witchcraft."
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by AsawanaDgreat: 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
We wish you recovery our good actor

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by tiger28: 4:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
Reason i feel sorry for all these men marrying young girls[absolutely no disrespect to Ms Jacobs whom I love dearly]. Soon as you start aging........things start changing as the wife is just getting started. Its ONLY if you have a Heavenly gifted wife that can save your case because as soon as you become like tomato, you have lost control of your house because you cant even control yourself. The wife will just put you to bed and start sleeping with [1] houseboy/driver [2] your close friends/family member . #1 & #2 because she can quietly sleep with them without anyone knowing and if #1 & #2 dont work then its the workplace or in the streets. A lot of these happen in many older men/younger wife relationship. For me , i want to age together with my Wife!
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by olatuns2017: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hashabiah:
The public already killed him long ago with rumors about his death . All that is left now is his funeral and burial arrangements

This comment is sad and all those who likes this sad comment!

All of una when you sick next thing for you is RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mike Echetama Is Dead: Nollywood Actor & Lecturer In Alvan Dies / Don Jazzy Flaunts His Los Angeles Crib [PICS] / Cossy Orjiakor & Jide Kosoko Play Dirty On The Scene Of Movie Shoot (pics/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.