Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

There's Problem With Science Subjects In Abia Public Schools — Ex-dss Boss - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / There's Problem With Science Subjects In Abia Public Schools — Ex-dss Boss (255 Views)

Oluwole Oluwabukunmi Got A1 In 9 Subjects In WAEC & Scored 324 In JAMB / Photos Of Kids In Public Schools In Different Countries Eating Lunch / New Look Of Public Schools In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There's Problem With Science Subjects In Abia Public Schools — Ex-dss Boss by Metrix147: 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
The Principal Ray Nkemdirim Foundation, Chief Raymond Nkemdirim has urged the government of Abia State to invest more in recruitment and training of science teachers for public primary and secondary schools in the State, noting that science is the bedrock of the development of any society, ABN TV reports.

He noted that a quiz competition organized by the Foundation earlier in the year in collaboration with the state Ministry of Education reveals that the participants did not perform very well in science subjects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMX6p09L99w
He, therefore, appealed to the state government to do more in this area.

Nkemdirim, a retired Director of the Department of State Services in an exclusive interview with ABN TV in Abuja, While noting that developed countries got to the level where they are today through investment in education added that he is spurred by his desire to make a contribution in growing the state.

He added that the foundation will sustain the quiz competition as a way of encouraging young people to study.

"One that that came out from that programme is that, in Abia state there is a problem with science subjects. I think that is one area I want someone to focus on. I notice that during the quiz, when you ask science-related questions, the students were failing most of the times.

"I also had to ask questions about that and I found out that most of the schools don't have science teachers. It's something that is of concern to me.

"I know that the more we have people in sciences, the better for our development and aspirations. Not just the state alone but the country as a whole," he said.

At the Abia Secondary Schools Academic Competition (ASSAC), pioneered and sponsored by Raymond Nkemdirim Foundation in June this year, Mayfair Academy Umuahia emerge overall winner with a N1m prize money.

The competition also had Ovom Girls' High School Aba emerge the first runner-up with a five hundred thousand Naira prize while the second runner-up, Holy Brilliant Academy, Alayi - Bende smiled home with a whopping two hundred and fifty thousand Naira.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/11/theres-problem-with-science-subjects-in-abia-public-schools-chief-nkemdirim-video/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Recruitment Form For 2021/2022 Is Out / Crypto Giant FTX, Reaches Out To Pre-tertiary Institutions Of Learning / How Can I Cope With School And Learning A Skill Like Electrical Installations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.