Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Is Church Wedding Important? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Church Wedding Important? (13940 Views)

Now This Is Church - Ethiopian Worship / Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by BabaIbo: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
I made a post like this some days ago.
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by reubenobi(m): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
If you Claim to Believe in JESUS Christ! It is.
Like are you kidding me?
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by sematec(m): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
not really
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Thoying1990: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Always try to mind your business.

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by iliyande(m): 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:

Care to share biblical backups?

2 Likes

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by 46arcadez(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:

Show me where it is in the bible

2 Likes

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by tete7000(m): 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
It depends on the faith you profess.
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by bluefilm: 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Joyceaile:
My thoughts though, just wondering why church wedding has being made mandatory to new couples, Some elders told me it’s a white man's belief, that the most important is the dowry paid to the parents of the girl and the traditional, then to legally show or proof you are married, the court wedding comes in whereby you are handed the certificate of marriage.

So why the craze for the white wedding? Educate me, I am open to learning.

My answer is NO.
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Babasonny(m): 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
The church claim to have biblical backings for their practices but i no know where dis one dey.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by frankmoney(m): 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Not important
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by SocialJustice: 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
Joyceaile:
My thoughts though, just wondering why church wedding has being made mandatory to new couples, Some elders told me it’s a white man's belief, that the most important is the dowry paid to the parents of the girl and the traditional, then to legally show or proof you are married, the court wedding comes in whereby you are handed the certificate of marriage.

It is useless but is the dream of most girls. They want to wear white gown.

2 Likes

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Farotimi72: 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
The same believe that made you believe you need a legal proof has also authenticated a religious proof as well.

The truth is d dowry is the main wedding. The rest are religious and believe even the so called Traditional wedding.
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by bularuz(m): 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
Church wedding is unnecessary as it is not even biblical, payment of the dowry is the main thing.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2021
Omor see queestion.

Are you not a Christian?
If you dont believe and cant perform the rites and traditions of the church you claim to worship in, why then are you attending it?

Hm.. 21st century Christians and confusion be like 5&6.
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Sanchez01: 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God sanctioned none of your weddings in His Law.... traditional rituals, Court rituals, church rituals etc., have absolutely nothing to do with what God commands but instead the traditions and ways of men. undecided

When it comes to marriage, God left it simple for us - Genesis 2 vs 24 & Matthew 19 vs 3 - 5 & Mark 10 vs 5 - 9. That is marriage as far as God is concerned. undecided
You miss the point. There is a prerequisite for leaving and cleaving, particularly for a woman in every human society. In the African society and other highly traditional societies, you have to fulfill some rites. That part is also in the scripture when Abraham sent his servant to find Isaac a wife and he charged the servant to go with gifts and cattle.

Likewise, for men who don't have the resources to bring these gifts, they must work several years as agreed by the bride's father. Example is that of Jacob and Laban. While this was the only recorded because of the character of Jacob, it was a thing among Hebrews at the time.

As much as God instituted marriage, parental consent is key as that is the sign that they permitted it. Whatever it takes to get their consent is the fulfillment of the rite of the wedding, according to tradition.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by femi4: 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
Joyceaile:

If you don't have the money don't talk down on those that love it. There is no limit on how and where a wedding can take place. It's all about the couple being blessed as they start a new journey
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by folake4u(f): 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ugh! What Church wedding?

Traditional/Court marriage please.
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Sanchez01: 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
Mercychen:
Omor see queestion.

Are you not a Christian?
If you dont believe and cant perform the rites and traditions of the church you claim to worship in, why then are you attending it?

Hm.. 21st century Christians and confusion be like 5&6.
Church wedding started with Queen Victoria. King Henry VIII added a twist to it and forced it down the throat of the then Catholic church.

Church or white weddings are unscriptural. They have no Biblical roots/origin.
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sanchez01:

You miss the point. There is a prerequisite for leaving and cleaving, particularly for a woman in every human society. In the African society and other highly traditional societies, you have to fulfill some rites. That part is also in the scripture when Abraham sent his servant to find Isaac a wife and he charged the servant to go with gifts and cattle.

Likewise, for men who don't have the resources to bring these gifts, they must work several years as agreed by the bride's father. Example is that of Jacob and Laban. While this was the only recorded because of the character of Jacob, it was a thing among Hebrews at the time.

As much as God instituted marriage, parental consent is key as that is the sign that they permitted it. Whatever it takes to get their consent is the fulfillment of the rite of the wedding, according to tradition.
I am afraid you are here the one who missed the point. God did not set any of those prerequisites before you.... Men did so by their traditions and ways, in there attempts at adding/appending their own laws and ideas to God's Law - none of them sanctioned by God. undecided

So it is up to you to decide whether you will do it as God commands - Genesis 2 vs 24 & Matthew 19 vs 3 - 5 & Mark 10 vs 5 - 9. - or according to the doctrines and traditions of men instead. Basically, "choose you this day whom you will serve....". undecided
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by TenQ: 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2021
Joyceaile:

Church wedding has not been made mandatory by anybody.
there are two classes of people who will insist on church wedding
1. A serious Christian:
As marriage is also a covenant between themselves and God.
For these people, church wedding is the FINAL RITE of their wedding ceremony
2. Show Off Freak:
They have designed their wedding with a particular picture in their mind and it must be done like that
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sanchez01:

Church wedding started with Queen Victoria. King Henry VIII added a twist to it and forced it down the throat of the then Catholic church.

Church or white weddings are unscriptural. They have no Biblical roots/origin.

And you are calling it church wedding?

Anyways I don't see anything wrong with it.
It's also the way the white man shoved down education in our throats and we are benefiting from it today.
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by JAMO4REAL1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
virginprincess:
Yes, it is very important for we Christians, that is where the marriage is blessed in the Godly way with the name of jesus christ, for me, NO CHURCH WEDDING NO MARRIAGE.
which verse in the Bible pls u must tell me
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Mrbenny001: 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2021
Una no de tire for this question..this is like 99th time this question is being ask here on nairaland this year alone... Buhari has use poverty to deal with this generation o
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by BigBashiru: 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2021
Joyceaile:

avoid church wedding oh! that's the one that ties one man to one woman for life. even if u meet someone more attractive. me in on my doing traditional sha cos traditional allows for multiple partners....
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by doe: 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
Joyceaile:

No. It is not your tradition.
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Sanchez01: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
Mercychen:

And you are calling it church wedding?

Anyways I don't see anything wrong with it.
It's also the way the white man shoved down education in our throats and we are benefiting from it today.

Isn't it called church wedding?

This is religion. It is not the same as education. Plus, the white men introduced education and not 'shove it down our throats'. I don't know where you got this narrative from.

The question is church wedding important? The simple answer is NO. Of the three, it is the most insignificant and has no scriptural backing. It is okay if you want to have one but don't put up dogma just because indoctrination has eaten deep.
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by tikco(m): 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
If I'd be getting married I'm going for the traditional wedding alone
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sanchez01:

Isn't it called church wedding?

This is religion. It is not the same as education. Plus, the white men introduced education and not 'shove it down our throats'. I don't know where you got this narrative from.

The question is church wedding important? The simple answer is NO. Of the three, it is the most insignificant and has no scriptural backing. It is okay if you want to have one but don't put up dogma just because indoctrination has eaten deep.

Story!
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by BestRicePlug28(f): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
Bkingq:
CCTV Spy Recording Eyeglass. Get this quality CCTV Spy recording Eyeglass. This Eyeglass can vedio,audio,and can snap pictures secretly without no one knowing. The Eyeglass is good for business negotiations, crime investigation, secret recording, evidence for court.. Price is #25.000... To buy pls call the phone number below. Pay on delivery is available to all States in Nigeria.

China made?
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by BigBashiru: 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
endallinfection:
Well ...As a Christian to me , it's not bad .It's very much Okay ... It's the Force and mandatory order women give that man should take them to Court for Marriage that is Nonsense !

they say that so they can chop your money if you decide to leave them...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Esther ? / Nairaland Forum 2014 Watch-Night Service / Church And The Deception Of The Media - By Leke Beecroft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.