Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Does Your State Have Enough Judges? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Your State Have Enough Judges? (5495 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? / A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Blue3k(m): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Do you think your state should hire more judes to speed up the judicial process? Maybe more judes at the state level would mean less adjournments.

Texas population 29 million
Kano State population est. 20 million

Rivers population est 7 million
Massachusetts population 7 million

2 Likes

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Kinematics: 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
Kano est 20 million and Rivers est 7 million? What a fallacy..

Well I don't think the reason for case adjournment is entirely due to lack of judges rather I think its due to our poor judicial system.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Blue3k(m): 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
Kinematics:

Conduct a census then I'll update it. Any thought on the topic of the thread.

4 Likes

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
With the number of 'awaiting trial' prisoners in the system.,...no , Nigeria does not have enough judges.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Kinematics: 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
Blue3k:

Conduct a census them I'll update it. Any thought on the topic of the thread.

Even the estimated fallacy made by the NBS never gave that wide margin for both states. Last time I cheeked ie 2016 Kano was estimated at 16m while Rivers 7m

4 Likes

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Blue3k(m): 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:
With the number of 'awaiting trial' prisoners in the system.,...no , Nigeria does not have enough judges.

Yeah, the awaiting trail issue will require other little reforms. I mainly attribute that to the ridiculous bail conditions set by judges and facts there isn't a set bail schedule. Other than that time served for guilty verdicts would help.

Kinematics:

Well I don't think the reason for case adjournment is entirely due to lack of judges rather I think its due to our poor judicial system.

Can you elaborate on what you mean?
Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Boogyman557: 5:04am On Nov 21, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by jamesversion: 5:25am On Nov 21, 2021
Blue3k:

Conduct a census then I'll update it. Any thought on the topic of the thread.

Which census did you conduct to obtain such fraudulent figures??

4 Likes

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by ignis: 5:45am On Nov 21, 2021
Who judges help? All the judges in Nigeria are unjust, no wonder there is injustice everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by nienam(f): 5:45am On Nov 21, 2021
just two, always busy judge , that shows up only twice a week
Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Mayour11(m): 6:00am On Nov 21, 2021
Even if the number is low, they'd tell you there's no money to hire

Even when we have enough money for judges, the police also need money for money to carry out investigation.

Even at that, those who are interested in having their judgements delayed will also wield influence.

5 Likes

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Blue3k(m): 6:21am On Nov 21, 2021
nienam:
just two, always busy judge , that shows up only twice a week

Sounds like some lazy people. They should be fired and sent to a retirement home.

Mayour11:

Even when we have enough money for judges, the police also need money for money to carry out investigation.

You're putting the cart before the horse there. Investigations are supposed to come before charges if you plan on winning. Other wise its just a time wasting strategy.

4 Likes

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Ojayk(m): 6:31am On Nov 21, 2021
No,

Judges and lawyers delay justice knowingly for their selfish interest.

The famous quote " Man must eat nah" is referred to by lawyers says it all.

Blue3k:
Do you think your state should hire more judes to speed up the judicial process? Maybe more judes at the state level would mean less adjournments.

1 Like

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by tonyson010(m): 6:32am On Nov 21, 2021
No doubt, we have very low number of judges in the whole states especially down in the south, leading to much adjournment of cases.

1 Like

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Nyanabo(m): 6:42am On Nov 21, 2021
My guess on why we have numerous adjournment in Nigeria judicial system is because proper investigations are not been carried out to expedite the judicial system. The police and sss still use stone age formats to investigate cases and to get truths from suspects. It's not about the number of judges in the system (to that can play a key role in the latter stages)

When the current ones are not properly taken care of should we then employ more ? No way.

1 Like

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Nyanabo(m): 6:44am On Nov 21, 2021
Joshua1313:
Ok

Use you salary to stake and win more. In no time you would be the dangote if your family, stop scamming people here.

1 Like

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Blue3k(m): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2021
Nyanabo:
My guess on why we have numerous adjournment in Nigeria judicial system is because proper investigations are not been carried out to expedite the judicial system. The police and sss still use stone age formats to investigate cases and to get truths from suspects. It's not about the number of judges in the system (to that can play a key role in the latter stages)

When the current ones are not properly taken care of should we then employ more ? No way.

Those sort of cases should simply be dismissed then problem solved. The police don't need to waste the courts time. Are the judges not being taken care of in your state? How much does a judge need to be properly compensated?
Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by madridguy(m): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2021
We are far behind as a country.

1 Like

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:30am On Nov 21, 2021
Kinematics:

Every local government is supposed to have a Court. That would speed up the justice delivery.

3 Likes

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:43am On Nov 21, 2021
Mayour11:
Even if the number is low, they'd tell you there's no money to hire

This is where you see that men have been decieved. Courts are supposed to be Free, For it is established by Nature and not by men. And the things in Nature are Free!

Thus, a complaint should have gone to it with his own version of Complaint, as long as his complaint is comprehensible and understandable (No need for strict application of Writs, Petitions, Plaint etc all these are Frauds and devices used to unlawfully control the natural free will God gave men)

Therefore, the Judge attached to the Court is Free.

All that is required is a person who is known to be reasonable and fair to be called upon to hear and determine a matter.

Mayour11:
..., the police also need money for money to carry out investigation.

Another Fraud, The Police Set Up. Nature is our Police, and it has its way of proving crimes whilst respecting Individual Rights.

And when Nature Convicts a person, the convict himself can not reasonably challenge it.

Therefore at all times, the respective Rights of the parties are never violated.

A person should not be imprisoned on an accusation at all. His rights remain unless guilt falls on him.

That is the correct natural procedure of Justice Dispensation and this procedure is both fast and fair and cheap.

It is because justice it is a vital component of living so these frauds have set up a system to steal from people and forcing people to give them their hard earned earnings, while subjecting them to their absolute control and whim.

Which is why all their beneficiaries can do whatever they like and escape with no consequences while laughing at the people as they cry for justice.

Also the same reason why there is injustice.

1 Like

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 21, 2021
See question wetin concern agbero with overload.
Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Blue3k(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2021
dancok:
See question wetin concern agbero with overload.

Yet your here oh well. I guess you wisely settle your civil issues with arbitration or meditation.

1 Like

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2021
See the injustice!
https://www.nairaland.com/6859542/482-impounded-okadas-crushed-lagos

Is it just to steal my property because I "violated" a rule which you really have no right to make? Land and Road belongs to No One.

Or is the punishment of violation the stealing of my personal property?

1 Like

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Bimpe29: 8:26am On Nov 21, 2021
Regardless the numbers of judges in any court of justice, the entire judicial system has /must be revamped for effective judicial process.
Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by jamace(m): 9:48am On Nov 21, 2021
Manpower is not a problem in Nigeria, our problem is the rot in the system.
Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Emma1Oj(m): 9:54am On Nov 21, 2021
We are our own Judge.. we treat any one fuckup with immidate effect.

Because we no dey carry last..

Heart beat of the Nation.
Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2021
Good question.. very good question
Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Nyanabo(m): 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
Blue3k:

Those sort of cases should simply be dismissed then problem solved. The police don't need to waste the courts time. Are the judges not being taken care of in your state? How much does a judge need to be properly compensated?

Sir, won't dismissing those case defeat the aim of the judiciary? Then the victims won't have access to justice simply because of the shorting comings of the court/police.

I would profer training and retraining our officers for global best practice for investigating a case with many block ends. (Though not all can still be solved)

Regarding the welfare of judges in my state, I wouldn't know. But what I meant by 'taking care of' does only mean the financial aspect. It means allowing them do the job without oppression/intimidation/or interference. I believe our judiciary are simply no well separated from the Executives.

Cheers.
Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by Blue3k(m): 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nyanabo:

Sir, won't dismissing those case defeat the aim of the judiciary? Then the victims won't have access to justice simply because of the shorting comings of the court/police.

I would profer training and retraining our officers for global best practice for investigating a case with many block ends. (Though not all can still be solved)

Regarding the welfare of judges in my state, I wouldn't know. But what I meant by 'taking care of' does only mean the financial aspect. It means allowing them do the job without oppression/intimidation/or interference. I believe our judiciary are simply no well separated from the Executives.

Cheers.

I agree with your answer regarding training police but don't believe its mutually exclusive regarding dismissing the bad cases. The accused will be found innocent anyway if there no evidence and every person is innocent until proven guilty. The court has to be fair to accused and the accuser. Police incompetence can't be used as an excuse.

1 Like

Re: Does Your State Have Enough Judges? by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
Blue3k:

Dang
That's a lot of judges in Yankee fa

(1) (2) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Riding In Over 100,000 Million Naira Maybach, In A “poor” Country!! / Naira Redesign: You Have 12 Hours Left To Deposit Your Old Note..(CBN) / See What Tinubu Has Turned Nigeria Into That Made Me Ched A Tear(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.