Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,382 members, 7,815,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? (1991 Views)

Police Alert On ‘sextortion’ Via Dating Platforms, Urge Fun Seeker To Be Careful / Unexpected 600k Alert On My Phone This Morning, Pls Advice / Undergraduate Buys N1 Million Naira Phones With Fake Debit Alert, Flees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by pedestal82(m): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
So this afternoon Saturday, around 2pm I received a debit alert of 20k from my STANBIC ibtc account which happens to be my salary account.
I was shocked, because I did not make any withdrawal or any purchase.
So I went to my banking app, to be sure of what I was seeing, to my surprise, the money was actually debited. The transaction details was saying Paycom Ikeja.
So I made a screen shot of the debit details, and also my account balance from the app.
I decided to quickly block the account using USSD Code for stanbic, before they remove the remaining 5k.
Few minutes later, my account balance returned to 25k. The account was already blocked I can't make any transaction until on Monday when I go back to the bank.
I just checked the banking app again it is still the 25k.
Please has anybody experienced this before, anybody with an idea what could have happened?
Attached are screen shots.

Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by SlayerForever: 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2021
You're just lucky the fraudulent transaction bounced back. Probably due to bank network issue. Nothing phony there.
Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by maureensylvia(f): 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
Bank insiders

1 Like

Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by TundeWX: 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
Have you linked ur account/card to any online loan apps recently?
Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by pedestal82(m): 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
TundeWX:
Have you linked ur account/card to any online loan apps recently?
No I have never done that.
Have not taken any loan this year from any bank or app
Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by pedestal82(m): 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2021
SlayerForever:
You're just lucky the fraudulent transaction bounced back. Probably due to bank network issue. Nothing phony there.
Please any idea how this could have happened, I have been very careful with my atm and pin.
Any idea on how to prevent this from happening again.
Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by joyandfaith: 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
pedestal82:
So this afternoon Saturday, around 2pm I received a debit alert of 20k from my STANBIC ibtc account which happens to be my salary account.
I was shocked, because I did not make any withdrawal or any purchase.
So I went to my banking app, to be sure of what I was seeing, to my surprise, the money was actually debited. The transaction details was saying Paycom Ikeja.
So I made a screen shot of the debit details, and also my account balance from the app.
I decided to quickly block the account using USSD Code for stanbic, before they remove the remaining 5k.
Few minutes later, my account balance returned to 25k. The account was already blocked I can't make any transaction until on Monday when I go back to the bank.
I just checked the banking app again it is still the 25k.
Please has anybody experienced this before, anybody with an idea what could have happened?
Attached are screen shots.

Because you blocked your account after the debt alert, bank suspected fraudulent activity and your account was blocked. Please update us when you get to bank on monday.

1 Like

Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by FarahAideed: 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
They are testing microfone

1 Like

Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by TundeWX: 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2021
pedestal82:

No I have never done that.
Have not taken any loan this year from any bank or app

Okay,either case destroy ur atm card n request a new one...reason is that "PAYCOM IKEJA" is related to app debit activities
Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by pedestal82(m): 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
TundeWX:

Okay,either case destroy ur atm card n request a new one...reason is that "PAYCOM IKEJA" is related to app debit activities
Ok Thank you, will do that.

1 Like

Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by pedestal82(m): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
joyandfaith:

Because you blocked your account after the debt alert, bank suspected fraudulent activity and your account was blocked. Please update us when you get to bank on monday.
Thank you will do.
Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by SlayerForever: 10:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
pedestal82:

Please any idea how this could have happened, I have been very careful with my atm and pin.
Any idea on how to prevent this from happening again.

Apparently you were not careful enough. The ATM details are compromised. Request a new ATM and be careful of those around you. Shalom.
Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by pedestal82(m): 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
SlayerForever:

Apparently you were not careful enough. The ATM details are compromised. Request a new ATM and be careful of those around you. Shalom.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Phony Debit Alert On My Account, Has This Happened To Anyone Before? by pregnantMan: 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
Have been seriously thinking how I'm going to resume a new job tomorrow cos I don't have tp. Pls someone should help me. Am really broke 0076605179 union bank

(1) (Reply)

Fraud No Get Expiring Date / Robbers Invade Chicken Republic In Lekki, Shoot Security Guard / I Finally Got A BIKE For Okada After Months Of Joblessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.