Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Had Third Class In Education - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Had Third Class In Education (8073 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Had Third Class In Education by yemic: 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
I had third class in education and am scared of where my certificate will get me.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by igelomo(m): 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2011
u don't have to, u can always get to where ever you want to get but it might only;yy require of you an extra effort. But i nid you to answer these questions:

1. Was the 3rd class as a result of poor study habit while on campus?
2.Or you were not serious on campus.

If the answer is in affirmative, that means your future is bright cuz u can still prove urself when the situation arises.

Lastly, just try to improve urself generally and probably get a certification or a post graduate diploma to improve ur cv.
ALL THE BEST.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by richnet01: 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
than 4 such encouragement.friend most great men u hear about got third class.so just be rest assured u hv at-least one perquisite of being a great man.
smiley wink
Re: Had Third Class In Education by mencer(m): 12:28am On Jun 09, 2011
Your future lies within you
Dont put it on your certificate, or qualification
because many who did that never rose above what they had in paper,
Re: Had Third Class In Education by AfricaFace(f): 10:00am On Jun 09, 2011
i don't know why people would not be realistic in their advice.
Third class in Education is very poor. If you know that schooling wasn't in your line , you would have gone to apprentice in one of the professional careers like catering, tailoring. wasting four years is not a good thing.

However it is not late for you.
you can rediscover yourself and know what you are good at, then get into it.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by vobiscum: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
I will sincerely advise you to forget this certificate and start all over again. It is not too late but will be late if you do not do something about it now. Unless you want to work for yourself. Do not allow anybody sell you the dummy that third class graduates always turn out to be great. That assumption belonged to the past. If you doubt me, just go to any recruitment centre and see the number of candidates with first class and 2-1
Re: Had Third Class In Education by hollandis(f): 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2011
My only advice for you if you have money is start all over because the reality of the situation is you can't use that cert for anything.Just do a second degree preferably a B.ENG or MBBS.Change your study habit
Re: Had Third Class In Education by AfricaFace(f): 7:30pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ Hollandis, Na waaa for you.
You are suggesting to someone that had third class in Education to go and study Engineering(B.ENG) and Medicine(MBBS) .
it will be too difficult for her. beleive me, we all are not meant to do all this formal education and white kola job.

this person's talent might be in a vocational career, if discovered, can do well in a blue kola profession
Re: Had Third Class In Education by samstradam: 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Africa Face
Great advice Mr. First - by the way it is blue collar, I have lived many years and I am yet to see blue kola!

@ original poster
Take heart from what the majority have said, you will just have to work much harder to achieve anything someone with a better degree classification would find easy to do.

Ultimately your fate will still be dictated by you and not a piece of paper.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by kobofun(m): 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
Luk buddie get a professional degree-ICAN,ACCA,Java,Oracle,wateva u'v gt a flair 4/tink u can do witout failing! If u aint got cash borrow/get a teaching job/any job.D earlia u start d better-d clock's ticking hard n fast! C u @d top! Gudluck
Re: Had Third Class In Education by hollandis(f): 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2011
AfricaFace:

@ Hollandis, Na waaa for you.
You are suggesting to someone that had third class in Education to go and study Engineering(B.ENG) and Medicine(MBBS) .
it will be too difficult for her. beleive me, we all are not meant to do all this formal education and white kola job.

this person's talent might be in a vocational career, if discovered, can do well in a blue kola profession

The guy should go back to school,Its an advice.He will end up wasting the next 4 years of his life,why not get another degree instead
Re: Had Third Class In Education by sexymama1: 1:07pm On Jun 10, 2011
Sweet heart i will advice you to upgrade your result by doing ur PGD, and in the cos of that try and study had and make sure you come out with a good grade
Good luck
Re: Had Third Class In Education by bist: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
yemic:

I had third class in education and am scared of where my certificate will get me.

i have a bakery and i nid just third class graduates, wit little or no school experience at all.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Godalone(m): 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
s exy mama:

Sweet heart i will advice you to upgrade your result by doing your PGD, and in the cos of that try and study had and make sure you come out with a good grade
Good luck
Good advice
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Laajman(m): 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2011
Interesting,

I don't see why you should go back to spend 4 + x years for another undergrad.
Rather, I think the upside is you'd need to be a lot more thorough going forward, seeing that you have a "handicap".

You'd need to focus on what you want to accomplish. Start acquiring practical skills in your chosen area, attend courses, write relevant professional exams, ensure you have tangible achievements at work, and network like crazy.

All you need is a breakthrough, in terms of getting your first job. You could then pursue a grad degree in 4-5 years, and take it from there. At that point, your undergrad fades into insignificance. The focus then would be on your achievements, network and capabilities. Better still, you could even start your own gig at that point, and employ 1st class graduates!

Best wishes,
Re: Had Third Class In Education by sayso: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
match forward with what you have, in fact do not think about it ok
Re: Had Third Class In Education by MMM2(m): 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2011
op
u can be a teacher.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by DaDoctor: 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2011
THE BEST YOU CAN DO FOR YOURSELF IS DO A PGD, SO U ARE LIKE A FIRST DEGREE FIRST CLASS.

OR IF YOU HAVE THE CONNECTION YOU CAN GET A JOB FIRST CLASS CANT EVEN GET. BUT THAT ONE HARD O!!!

JUST TAKE MY FIRST ADVISE!!!
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Had Third Class In Education by atasteve: 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2011
[b]There are so many things in life that people are not in control of, things happen to people that prevents them from reaching their full potentials.

NOT to worry, i have living example of people that came out with 3rd class honours and are doing fine now (some of them are doing extremely fine!)

Step 1, DO NOT allow any man to redefine you. You are not a failure by any standard but LIFE is just giving you opportunity to restart better. smiley

Step 2, wheather you want ot remain in academics or not, you need to add some flavour to your certificate. You need to enrolling for Post graduate diploma which will give you an oppurtunity to go for Masters.

Step 3, discover your passion and pursue it fervently. If you want to be very rich in life, that is the way to go.

I have seen guys with 3rd class that excelled above their mates (first and second class).[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] If you can dream it, you can do it.[/font]

Go and rule your world.

[/b]
Re: Had Third Class In Education by ikooko(m): 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2011
Why so much focus on certificate?
Going to school is just to equip you with basic tools and position you better for opportunities in life; it is not in reality the determinant of your success. I have seen many first class student that are not successful, several ICAN holders without good jobs.

Young man, I would advice you look at other angles of life. It is all about what YOU can do to make your life meaningful.
My cousin after graduating with 2.1 in Po.Science told everyone he was never going to use his certificate to get rich. he went into carpentry/furniture making.  He uses his education (not certificate) to make unique designs and get his boys to translate it into beautiful masterpieces. Today he know everything about interior designs, POP designs, Tilling, painting, Household furniture/cabinet making etc. and he is rich.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Fiver: 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2011
Why not a teaching qualification, You can always teach and start your own mini tutorial class

or learn creative arts -make things you can sell or repair stuff, all depends on what you enjoy doing
there are so many careers that don't actually require a degree just that there's too much emphasis on it in Nigeria
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Roland17(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2011
Its not the End of the world i can tell you, its going to be very difficult to further your studies, except with a P.G, if you can get into a well structured company, probably small, get good work experience of about 5 years, i tell you, its your experience that would market you and not your credentials, but may i ask?, wetin happen 4 school? i know you would be wishing you can turn back the hands of time.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Rich4god(m): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2011
Relax my dear. It is YOU and not your certification that will mould your future, after all there are people with 2.1 and 1st class that cant even do a thing(am not against having 2.1 or 1st class). You just have to be yourself and dont let your cert pull you down or discourage you. Since there is life, there is so much opportunity.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by walab: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2011
education is to make you a better person.it is not compulsory that you must work with your certificate before you become great.look beyond your certificate.think of problems you can solve for people in other to make money and better your life.mind you,if god wants you to use the cert.to work,he knows how to do it.he chooses the foolish to shame the wise.he is the one who chooses the weak to shame the strong,likewise,he's the one who chooses what is low and despised,and things that are not to bring to nothing things that exist.the most important is to know the need that arose for your creation(your purpose in life).
Re: Had Third Class In Education by DaDoctor: 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2011
SEE CONSOLATIONS FRO A THIRD CLASS,
HOPE OUR YOUNGER ONES ON THIS PLATFORM ARENT GONA TAKE A CUE AND FOLLOW TRAIL.

IF YOU HAVE SEARCHED FOR A JOB ONCE YOU WOULD KNOW THAT A THIRD CLASS IS AS GOOD AS NOTHING, WHY NOT ADVISE RATHER THAN CONSOLE THIS DUDE!!

ITS EITHER OF THE 3 BELOW

VOCATION

PGD/E

MAN NO MAN- STRONG CONNECTION
Re: Had Third Class In Education by seal777(m): 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
There is another part of you that u re not exploring, must you work 30 days a month to make good use of your certificate?

Discover what you have passion for and develop it to the best of your future and that of your family ( few yrs of trials will get u there. ), i bet you will employ a 2.1 or 2.2 graduate if you hold Ur head up high.

Those guys with no education at all do business successfully, why not you who have the opportunity to do it at a more unique and more define ways that will make it acceptable.

I am into business earning double of what i am been paid as an accounts graduate, so come join us and make Ur future brighter, while you do what ever you want to do on education on a part time basis.

Without sounding like a broken records, those classes of certificates are meant for different classes of professions and trades, u re not a failure after all except you see yourself as one.

Remember you have the word Honors after your class of certificate, third class honors  ( those who design it that way are no fools.

YOU SEEM TO BE SLEEPING LIKE NIGERIA AMONG OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES, GOOD LUCK AS YOU WAKE UP.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by walab: 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2011
The most important thing is to know your purpose in life.Look beyond that.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by ChefMike(m): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2011
Your certificate does not determine what you will be in future but your personal effort to be come somebody in life matters a lot.So,be focussed and think of what you can do to be successful.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by AjanleKoko: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2011
Okay, I am about to say something harsh:

You don't really have a problem. Most teachers in the public school system of today have a 3rd class or worse. So, you won't have a problem if you stick to teaching, and you search for jobs only in the public sector mind you.

Teaching in the private sector may be challenging, but you can try it all the same. With so many odd schools around, you're sure to get one.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Ekpoma1: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2011
walab:

education is to make you a better person.it is not compulsory that you must work with your certificate before you become great.look beyond your certificate.think of problems you can solve for people in other to make money and better your life.mind you,if god wants you to use the cert.to work,he knows how to do it.he chooses the foolish to shame the wise.he is the one who chooses the weak to shame the strong,likewise,he's the one who chooses what is low and despised,and things that are not to bring to nothing things that exist.the most important is to know the need that arose for your creation(your purpose in life).
Could not  have said it better. Op, take this advise above.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Relationship Advisors – No Experience ( Work From Home ) 300k/monthly / N-power Batch C: How To Fix Relocation Issues / Dana Airline Services Is Recruiting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.