Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

BUK Introduces On-campus Student Job Scheme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BUK Introduces On-campus Student Job Scheme (269 Views)

A Current Laspotech, Isolo Campus Student's Help Needed. / BUK Expels 22 Students For Examination Mal-practice / ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUK Introduces On-campus Student Job Scheme by Abdullah36(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
The management of Bayero University Kano introduced on-Campus Students job scheme, the Vice Chancellor, Professor Sagir Adamu Abbas, who disclosed this, said the new project will kick off from the current academic session.
The Vice Chancellor explained that under the project, the scheme will utilize the students to serve in different areas like; picking litters waste, cutting
grasses, and running errand on non-sensitive information/documents as well as proving security watch in some places within the University campuses.
The project will allow the participants to earn some token amount every month and payment will be made forth nightly or weekly.
The programme will employ 125 students per semester and will last throughout the year.
The scheme, which was the initiative of Professor Sagir Abbas, saw Bayero University as the first institution to introduce it at least from this part of the country. Already, many students were enthuastic to participate in the scheme. He disclosed that, this exercise had been the norm in most of the developed nations and therefore, as part of the policy of finding solace to most of the problems facing the university, particularly, in view of the lean resources, it becomes imperative to devise a means of cutting cost against employment of full time employees.

2 Likes

Re: BUK Introduces On-campus Student Job Scheme by Sigggy: 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
Uniben use to have this scheme by 2012 to 2017... I don't know bout now though
Re: BUK Introduces On-campus Student Job Scheme by Polyol(m): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
This is beautiful.

I can imagine how helpful this will be to some students like me when I was still an undergrad.

I left Abj to school in Bayelsa, it wasn't funny at all. I suffered, sapa dealt with me no be small.

After my experience with schooling far from home I made an irrevocable decision in my life: I'm never leaving Abj for any reason related to settlement for a long time again, I'm never traveling out of the country with intentions of making ends meet elsewhere. I'll make ends meet here in Abj. No leave no transfer.
Re: BUK Introduces On-campus Student Job Scheme by liztop2012(f): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
Welcome development. Kudos to the initiator
Re: BUK Introduces On-campus Student Job Scheme by Solsix(m): 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2021
Things work when you have the right people at helm of affairs
Re: BUK Introduces On-campus Student Job Scheme by studentwriter(m): 1:48am On Nov 22, 2021
Sigggy:
Uniben use to have this scheme by 2012 to 2017... I don't know bout now though
still available.
Uniben work study. Their office is located at faculty of education

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want to study another course, But Confused. / Design And Implementation Of An Electronic Invoicing System / The Most Important Features Of Academic Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.