Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,561 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account (1902 Views)

Ajimobi, New Re-Elected Oyo Governor Got A Kiss From His Wife. / "I Got A Slap For Exposing Theft" –Sanusi, Emir Of Kano / So They Never Really Loved MKO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 09, 2011
have been watching every1 post, and i was banned, why was i bnned anyways??
back to topic, @alj hareem aiite i will remove your name,
dont even knw wat to say to the topic anymore, cause it looks like, tribalism can never stop on NLand
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 09, 2011
and i think it should be more than two mode on a section, two of u cant do that job, welll you oamj4 u dey try sa
OAM4J:

Don't get me wrong. I was talking about others not joining them in taking sides. As for the mods we will definitely keep deleting and banning them. I have deleted so many posts and threads i cant even count already and three people are serving ban already. that will continue for sure.
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by aljharem3: 12:29am On Jun 09, 2011
Donlittle:

dont even knw wat to say to the topic anymore, cause it looks like, tribalism can never stop on NLand

thanks it can be stopped
fyz stranger/rhino has stopped tribalistic post so why can others

don't worry, it can be stopped so long as this conditions are meant by seun and the mods

1 mekun/nchara/adejoro etc is asked to stop or banned

2. any words like "it suxs to be igbo/yoruba/hausa etc" should warrant a strong warning if not ban

3. topics to spite the other group should not be allowed in the political section, it should be moved immediatly

4. we need andre uweh or an igbo mod, we need 3 mods i this section for equality

5. mods should try not to make people derail threads or talk about other groups while the topic is about urs

6 stop the blaming thing in the political section/

7. donlittle, always remember no matter what. yoruba/igbo.hausa/etc love each other,.,.,. nairaland is jsut a frictional website.
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by OAM4J: 12:30am On Jun 09, 2011
Donlittle:

When were you banned? I dont know anything about it. If it is recommended by me, you will be given a reason.

Are you sure it's not the spam bot?
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by OAM4J: 12:33am On Jun 09, 2011
alj_harem:

thanks it can be stopped
fyz stranger/rhino has stopped tribalistic post so why can others

don't worry, it can be stopped so long as this conditions are meant by seun and the mods

1 mekun/nchara/adejoro etc is asked to stop or banned

2. any words like "it suxs to be igbo/yoruba/hausa etc" should warrant a strong warning if not ban

3. topics to spite the other group should not be allowed in the political section, it should be moved immediatly

4. we need andre uweh or an igbo mod, we need 3 mods i this section for equality

5. mods should try not to make people derail threads or talk about other groups while the topic is about urs

6 stop the blaming thing in the political section/

7. donlittle, always remember no matter what. yoruba/igbo.hausa/etc love each other,.,.,. nairaland is jsut a frictional website.

interesting. Most if not all your points an in force including number 1.
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by aljharem3: 12:35am On Jun 09, 2011
OAM4J:

interesting. Most if not all your points an in force including number 1.

OAM4J to be honest we need 1 more mod on this section

ezeuche or andre uweh or maybe chineyeN
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by jason123: 12:37am On Jun 09, 2011
I have come to the conclusion that it is VERY VERY ULTIMATELY DIFFICULT not to be tribal on Nairaland. It(Nl) was built to support tribalism.
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Jun 09, 2011
^^^ LIe!

@OAM4J , Please do not even attempt to turn this into a WAZOBIA crappy forum. NO need for a moderator to represent each tribe. What next, we get another one for each of the 250 ethnic groups out there?

ZERO-TOLERANCE should be the order of the day when it comes to tribalism! EVERY post that tends to ATTACK people of particular ethnicities SHOULD BE DELETED. Simple!
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 09, 2011
OAM4J:

When were you banned? I dont know anything about it. If it is recommended by me, you will be given a reason.

Are you sure it's not the spam bot?

yeah it the spam bot
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by Mariory(m): 6:50am On Jun 09, 2011
alj_harem:

OAM4J to be honest we need 1 more mod on this section

ezeuche or andre uweh or maybe chineyeN

Is that a joke?
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by gidson12(m): 7:20am On Jun 09, 2011
*yawns*
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by shevon: 7:33am On Jun 09, 2011
I was born and bread in Lagos, had my Tertiary education in the East and served in the North but one thing I kowm for sure is that Nigerians are not tribalisitic when it comes to co-existing with each other. The tribalisim only comes up when political issues crop up or when FANATICS instigate the less educated to toe a path of dishonour.
On nairaland, I just see it all as part of the fun; you can never have friend without yabing each other. You will always fight but when it comes to the true test of brotherhood, we will always be ther for each other. Mark my words.
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by Nattlil(m): 7:42am On Jun 09, 2011
@Shevon thats right. thats where the fun is, a man never reacts until his pride is being touched. One nigeria
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by 2ndThought(m): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2011
@Shevon,

I was born and bread in Lagos, had my Tertiary education in the East and served in the North but one thing I kowm for sure is that Nigerians are not tribalisitic when it comes to co-existing with each other. The tribalisim only comes up when political issues crop up or when FANATICS instigate the less educated to toe a path of dishonour.

While there is much truth in what you wrote up there, I think if you strip pass the veneer you will find the tribalism on Nairaland is fuel mostly by Nigerians based in the Diaspora.
With no pressing need to co-exist as tenants in the same building, many of cluster-communities borne of the “safe in numbers” maxim which have evolve in small towns and cities abroad are existentially ethnic-based.

Now, add to the mix the absence of any credible Pan-Nigerian organisation which serves as a unifying force for these disparate and “discrete” groups (NIDO is completely discounted here),   and you begin to realise there are limited opportunities for the kind of osmosis you described in your post.

I could go on citing other reasons why NiDs (Nigerians in the Diaspora) are generally the ones you find spearheading the maddening tribal warfare that abounds on NL, but to what end?
The truth is, ethnic jingoism bordering on xenophobia devalues our humanity; and if much travelled NiDs, who have been exposed to better education and employment opportunities in other climes – cannot see this, of far greater concern is what the future holds.
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by honeric01(m): 9:16am On Jun 09, 2011
Can tribalism be cured from the Nigerian society? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Even between Ijebus and Oyo people, they still have tribal ranting. (first hand experience), so if same Yorubas can still hate eachother, what then can we say about other tribes that ain't even yorubas? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by Genius100: 6:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
OAM4J, Keep up the good work.
Re: Never Really Knew How Much Tribalistic Nigerians Are, Till I Got A Nland Account by emofine(f): 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2011
@ OP If I were you I wouldn’t take everything I see here at face value, some of the ring leaders of tribalism here have confessed to allegedly being part Igbo yet they be yabbing Igbos full time on here and vice versa

This na pantomine oo, the internet is a stage the sooner people become privy to it’s special script the better because not many people are serious here – it’s just comic relief

It’s as futile as taking Mr Cork’s tale as hardened truth no offeince  tongue

anywayz I sure as hell doubt that a great population on here who bash other peoples ethnicity will carry the same abrasive behaviour in person to their subject of ridicule

(1) (2) (Reply)

VP Sambo's Side Kick, Shettima, Named In Multi Billion Naira Frauds / At Last, Jonatahn Muster Some Courage, Replies Obasanjo / EXCLUSIVE-Jonathan,Muazu,Okonjo,FFK wooing Ribadu To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.