Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,014 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead (837 Views)

Meet Fisayomi Abebi, The Youngest Nigerian Producer / Burna Boy Gets Custom Beats By Dre Headphones / DOWNLOAD : Beats By Jayy – Omo We Don Blow (remix) Ft. Yung6ix, And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by rayzar(m): 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jayy rose from being an underground Hip-Hop producer to become one of Nigeria’s most celebrated producers.

The young music producer died at the age of 27 on Saturday, November, 20, 2021, after a brief illness.

Jayy was known for being an associate of AQ, MI Abaga, Blaqbonez and Loose Kaynon. He also produced for the likes of iLLBliss, Teeto Ceemos and more.

At the time of his death, he was working on his fourth body of work as well as an EP with Jay Teazer.

Over the past few years, Jayy has risen from just being an underground Hip-Hop producer, to being one of Nigeria’s most celebrated producers.

In H1 2020, his stock rose after he produced ‘JUDAH EP’ for Abaga, the Headies-winning ‘God’s Engineering’ for AQ and ‘The Love Report’ for Abaga and AQ.

In the years leading up to that, he heavily sound-tracked AQ’s releases after he met the award-winning rapper as his junior at King’s College, Lagos.

A Surulere-bred artist, who grew up in a family of music-loving parents, also performed under the moniker Big Daddy Jayy, and released three EPs, ‘Replay Value EP’ in 2017, ‘Road To Jaynius’ in 2019 and ‘Jaynius’ in 2020.

He also delivered memorable hooks on AQ and Loose Kaynon’s ‘Crown’ via ‘God Wants Us To Be Lit’ and ‘Clap For Yourself’ by Abaga and AQ.

On ‘Jaynius,’ he had the record ‘Mad Ohh.’

In 2021, he produced ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ by Loose Kaynon and ‘Sex Over Love’ by Blaqbonez.

May his soul rest in peace.

Source: https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/nigerian-producer-beats-by-jayy-is-dead/n7k2gnp

Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by chatinent: 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2021
Life is a mist.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by Polyol(m): 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2021
No I don't want to believe this cry

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2021
So this old papa died at the age of 27

Okay oooo. RIP!

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by rayzar(m): 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
Polyol:
No I don't want to believe this cry

I didn't when I first heard the news cry
Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
So this old papa died at the age of 27

Okay oooo. RIP!

Behave angry
Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by rayzar(m): 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Behave angry

No mind that barnie angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by Polyol(m): 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
I'm listening to Gold shackles off Survivor's remorse like this. He's too good to have died now.

After jagz, Big daddy Jay is the next big hip hop producer in Nigeria.

rayzar:

I didn't when I first heard the news cry

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by rayzar(m): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
Polyol:
I'm listening to Gold shackles off Survivor's remorse like this. He's too good to have died now.

After jagz, Big daddy Jay is the next big hip hop producer in Nigeria.

I dey tell you, look what he did with blaqbonez album
Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by tillaman(m): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
Never heard of him
rip mane

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by Polyol(m): 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
His hook on gold shackles got me hooked. He has this Don Jazzy kinda tone that I love to listen to in hip-hop songs.

rayzar:

I dey tell you, look what he did with blaqbonez album

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by illicit(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
Awwww
Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by rayzar(m): 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
tillaman:
Never heard of him
rip mane

For Reals? shocked
Re: Popular Nigerian Producer, Beats By Jayy Is Dead by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:27am On Nov 22, 2021
May his soul rest in peace
So painful
I pray I get to see him on the resurrection morniNg

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Angelina Jolie Once Tried To Murder Herself By Hiring A Hitman, But He... / Meet Davidos Secret Twin Brother You Don't Know About / Luchy Donalds Biography: Education, Boyfriend, Age, Parents, Husband, Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.