Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal (194 Views)

Download: Striving for Mastery Part 3 By Apst Joshua Selman (May 15, 2022) / Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal / "Marry Your Best Friend" - Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe Speaks On His Marital Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by okosunehis: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2021
For women, striving to be your best, and not equality, should be the goal

It is only a lack of the appreciation of how God and nature works that makes women, even those of supposedly Christian convictions, join the warped worldly ideology of those demanding women equality with men.

God made the woman so powerful that, although man was first created, every other human born by natural birth, including the saviour of the world, came from the womb of the woman. Naturally, with such a great power also comes great responsibility. The goal of any individual, man or woman, should be how to advance oneself, while managing humbly, the balance between power and responsibility.

In the real sense, as far as there is a distinction between two things, they can never be equal. A lot of men today who move around with so much bravado as “head of the house” are not in control of their homes, their children, nor even their wife’s sexual diary! Power can be very deceptive, and is often times just on paper: That is why kings and presidents fall easily.

Feminists today, who started their cause by championing women empowerment, (which is great IMO), have become bored with their original story and are now seeking to demean masculinity and dismantle the "patriarchy". Ignorance and shortsightedness cannot even make them realize that women (and indeed humanity) needs strong males as much as strong females. History shows that while women have constantly been abused, assaulted and victimized by evil men, the flip side of the story is that in most cases, it is good men that rise to protect the woman.

Men have been victims of evils perpetrated by the wicked just as much as women. The headcount during wars or in prisons will testify to that.

Our goal as individuals should be striving to become the best of what we can be. Pulling others down for you to rise is unethical and unchristian, such things should be left for nature and fate to determine.

A biblical lesson we can learn from is story of Saul and David. Although David had already been anointed king over Israel, he never sought to kill Saul and even passed the opportunity when it presented itself. Also, as a reminder; the very first sin in the Bible was caused by Lucifer’s inordinate ambition to seek equality with God. No matter how much we as humans demand to be treated justly, we must be careful of the doctrine of equality as it is fraught with its demerits.
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2021
okosunehis:
For women, striving to be your best, and not equality, should be the goal

It is only a lack of the appreciation of how God and nature works that makes women, even those of supposedly Christian convictions, join the warped worldly ideology of those demanding women equality with men.

God made the woman so powerful that, although man was first created, every other human born by natural birth, including the saviour of the world, came from the womb of the woman. Naturally, with such a great power also comes great responsibility. The goal of any individual, man or woman, should be how to advance oneself, while managing humbly, the balance between power and responsibility.
You just had to drag God down to your level, didn't you? undecided

So where in scripture do you have God commanding women to strive for their best and not equality? undecided

Does God even ask us anyone to for their personal best, or is His mandate to all instead that we obey Him in all wise? undecided
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hashabiah:
Mumu , God never made women equal to men.
Mumu-pointer , where in scripture did God tell you this? undecided
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Hashabiah: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Mumu-pointer , where in scripture did God tell you this? undecided
Bros I don't have time to start pointing scripture to you . Just check from Genesis down to revelation and see the role of men over women. Right from the great fall , man was made lord over the woman and so it continues till date
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hashabiah:
Bros I don't have time to start pointing scripture to you . Just check from Genesis down to revelation and see the role of men over women. Right from the great fall , man was made lord over the woman and so it continues till date
Again, Mumu-pointer , where in scripture did God tell you this? undecided
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Hashabiah: 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, Mumu-pointer , where in scripture did God tell you this? undecided
Genesis 3:16 : Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.. read it and weep !
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by YeyeGbami: 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hashabiah:
Genesis 3:16 : Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.. read it and weep !

Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hashabiah:
God created man and woman in Genesis 2 vs 15 - 17 , so why are you here citing God's curse on those who are married men and women - Genesis 3 vs 16 - are evidence for your claim that God never made women equal to men? undecided

On another note, If we are to pay attention to the details of God's curse in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 - we see that all of mankind was downgraded, by the curse, from Son of God which man/woman was created with in Genesis 2 - not just women and pregnant women mentioned in verse 16. undecided
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Hashabiah: 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
God created man and woman in Genesis 2 vs 15 - 17 , so why are you here citing God's curse on those who are married men and women - Genesis 3 vs 16 - are evidence for your claim that God never made women equal to men? undecided

On another note, If we are to pay attention to the details of God's curse in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 - we see that all of mankind was downgraded, by the curse, from Son of God which man/woman was created with in Genesis 2 - not just women and pregnant women mentioned in verse 16. undecided
[/s] Being retàrded must be a very hard thing for you . But I will point you to Apostle Paul's teachings in 1Timothy2:12 : "and I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence"

Still in doubt? Here is more : Corinthians 11:3

But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

I didn't write these verses ...in fact scripture is litter with them and they all point to the fact that women are not in anyway equal to men undecided
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] Being retàrded must be a very hard thing for you . But I will point you to Apostle Paul's teachings in 1Timothy2:12 : "and I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence"

Still in doubt? Here is more : Corinthians 11:3

But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

I didn't write these verses ...in fact scripture is litter with them and they all point to the fact that women are not in anyway equal to men undecided
Again, Again, Mumu-pointer , where in scripture did God tell you He, God, never made women equal to men? undecided
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Hashabiah: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, Again, Mumu-pointer , where in scripture did God tell you He, God, never made women equal to men? undecided
Retàrd, I showed you verses that say a man is above a woman and that is enough proof to show women are not equal to men . So if you like argue in stupidity....it has been your calling since you came on Nairaland grin
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hashabiah:
Retàrd, I showed you verses that say a man is above a woman and that is enough proof to show women are not equal to men . So if you like argue in stupidity....it has been your calling since you came on Nairaland grin
Again, Mumu-pointer , where in scripture did God tell you He, God, never made women equal to men? undecided
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Hashabiah: 8:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, Mumu-pointer , where in scripture did God tell you He, God, never made women equal to men? undecided
Again retàrded junkie grin , I showed you verses that say a man is above a woman , and that is enough proof to show women are not equal to men . So if you like , argue in stupidity....it has always been your calling since you came on Nairaland grin
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hashabiah:
Again retàrded junkie grin , I showed you verses that say a man is above a woman , and that is enough proof to show women are not equal to men . So if you like , argue in stupidity....it has always been your calling since you came on Nairaland grin
I see your intention after all was just to lie against God. You take God for a fool, don't you? undecided

Anywho.... undecided
Re: For Women, Striving To Be Your Best, And Not Equality, Should Be The Goal by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
okosunehis:

In the real sense, as far as there is a distinction between two things, they can never be equal. A lot of men today who move around with so much bravado as “head of the house” are not in control of their homes, their children, or even their wife’s sexual diary! Power can be very deceptive, and is often times just on paper: That is why kings and presidents fall easily.
Interesting conclusion you make there in bold. So what you mean is an apple can never be an orange even if they are both fruits? undecided

Here's the thing though, as members of the fruit family, can't they - oranges and apples- be said to have equal status? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Best 10 Erwin Raphael Mcmanus Books You Cannot Afford To Miss / What's Wrong With Christianity? / I'm The First Woman On Youtube (prove Me Wrong)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.