Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Imagine Your Home Being Sold In Bits Over Your Head Before Being Demolished - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Imagine Your Home Being Sold In Bits Over Your Head Before Being Demolished (246 Views)

House Of Kidnapper, Kufre Eyo Etim 'Romance' Demolished By Ayade In Calabar / Tribal Marks Save 6-Year-Old Boy From Being Sold In Imo By Cameroonian / Edo Task force official pours away two coolers of rice being sold by 2 ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine Your Home Being Sold In Bits Over Your Head Before Being Demolished by rubikslagos: 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2021
Imagine your house being sold in bits over your head then finally being demolished.

I met 62 y/o Bolanle Babalola today. She's been a widow since 2017 & retired with delayed gratuity for years. Landgrabbers have insisted that she pays ₦5M to rebuy the land on which she and her husband built their home; a two storey building.

195 Ejigbo Road Lagos has been home for 23 years for her and her kids. She took the case to court but touts locked her out. After struggling hard, she was able to take some of her clothes. While this case is still in court, they sold the windows and the roof this year bits by bits and even started building in her compound.

This weekend, they demolished the top storey and ate into the decking. She called the police on the thugs who broke here house. They're now in the police station but will be released on bail on Monday.

"They carted away all that I have in the house too, 2 fridge, 1 deep freezer, washing machine, 1 standing and 2 table cookers, 2 gas cylinder, furniture, 6*6 bed and mattress, everything I have in my house including my clothes & my children clothes"

I can't but help to put her story out her to anyone who could help on matters like this. She's diabetic, and helpless.

Re: Imagine Your Home Being Sold In Bits Over Your Head Before Being Demolished by YeyeGbami: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
Please this woman needs help. I almost had the same faith around Igando akesan lagos axis. Had two plots which one was empty. One morning they jumped on the land, made foundation same day. I tried to stop them but they wanted to kill.

To cut long story short, i paid 2M for my empty land and 500K for the land with building. If the woman can get legal help she get hope.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Your Home Being Sold In Bits Over Your Head Before Being Demolished by Shellsploit: 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
All this awon owo mi da sef shocked
Lalasticlacla pls help move to front page..

1 Like

Re: Imagine Your Home Being Sold In Bits Over Your Head Before Being Demolished by gulfer: 8:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
Use Twitter and reach out to Harrison Gwamishu.... I hope something can be done here.... angry angry angry angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Beggar Allegedly Steals His Charity Givers Money In Agaie Market - Niger State / Ex Customs Officer 2 others Jailed for smuggling Riffles / Keren-happuch: Long Wait For Justice Bruises A Mother’s Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.