Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits (13063 Views)

General Farouk Yahaya: Army Alone Can’t Solve Nigeria’s Security Problems / Major-General Farouk Yahaya Poses In His Office (Pictured) / Forceful Retirement Of 10 Top Army Generals Looms As Farouk Yahaya Becomes COAS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by ILoveDemMANNA: 6:55am On Nov 22, 2021
“These criminal elements are living with us and if we all join hands together, we will eliminate them.

“I commend them on the job they are doing they should be more resolute and more decisive in dealing with the criminals and we will engage bandits just like in a war. We kill them and bring their weapons
This issue music to my ears.
Kill all dem modafokas.

Ngasky:
The headline is different from the body od the report. Unfortunately the english professionals failed to notice. Check this sentence
"Yahaya, who stated during a familiarization visit to 31 Artillery Brigade and Tradoc Minna, Niger State, said the army will be MORE resolute and decisive in dealing with them."
From the above piece. The bold shows they are dealing with them hard and the capital word is saying they will improve on their efficiency.
Are we expecting him to say they will do less? Atleast he is talking to his troops on the frontline are those troops on picnic? Anybody knew those military are engaging the criminals at every possible contact. This is guerilla war. Criminals melt with the local population and how can you differentiate criminal from innocent villager? They dont have uniform or specific position that can be targeted. They are always on the move. They also choose their target without any modus operandi. So it is by intelligent by the local villagers that military can reach them at the point of their criminality and engaged them. Now add the problem of informers in the villages what did you have?
You are one of the few sensible members we have on this forum.
Unlike some illiterates that just love to type rubbish.
Half-baked olodos dem.
You are a wise man.

What I read is below,
People only see what they wanna see in life,
And luckily, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

“I commend them on the job they are doing they should be more resolute and more decisive in dealing with the criminals

1 Like

Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by mediainc: 6:57am On Nov 22, 2021
The bandits are terrorists, they kill, rape and destroy whole communities and spread fear and panic. Destroy all terrorists, terrorists should see Nigeria army and run.
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Brushstrokes20: 6:57am On Nov 22, 2021
Bullocks for Brainless buffoons undecided

Nig urgently needs a SANE AND SOUND LEADER!
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by just2endowed: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2021
Niorte:
We will

We will

We will

I had always thought that the military are action takers, not promise-givers like the politicians. We want to see results not listen to promises.

By the way,
Boost your monthly income by starting an online business today. This is not a get-rich quick, work is involved and it will require your time.

I just thought of sharing with someone. More details at https://7starplans.com

The buhari failed government has refuse to label bandit as terrorists. I think there is not much the military can do to carry out an offensive attack because they have to maintain rule of engagement.
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Dahreformer2666: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2021
What have they been doing ?
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by GardenOfGod(m): 7:02am On Nov 22, 2021
The army is already over exhausted that's why they adviced government not to designate bandits as terrorists, because no capacity to tackle all the terrorists at all front. The COAS is only saying what Lie Muhammed would say. Lies and propaganda!
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 22, 2021
Don't kill them please give them house, mountain of cash , and lands . My one cent advise .
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Valkrie: 7:12am On Nov 22, 2021
So they have not even started yet...!!! OK oh....let me come and be going...!!!
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by kingsleefolli(m): 7:12am On Nov 22, 2021
So na party you dey do with them before. Ok let wait for the war format.lie Muhammad decendant.
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Brimstone77: 7:19am On Nov 22, 2021
Maybe na police they fight bandits before... grin grin
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by realray(m): 7:21am On Nov 22, 2021
devil, see am as him be.....
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by brainhgeek(m): 7:22am On Nov 22, 2021
Will...future soldiers. Always acting in the future
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by SarutobiEky(m): 7:23am On Nov 22, 2021
Moumu na bloody civilians won engage then before?

1 Like

Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Bamzyriches451: 7:33am On Nov 22, 2021
Audio war
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Cubeman: 7:36am On Nov 22, 2021
This statement by the COAS has clearly shown that Nigerian Army has been playing LUDO with bandits and terrorists. Furthermore,it shows that Nigerian Army will not do anything about it.
The anomalous verb 'will' says a lot.
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:37am On Nov 22, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/21/army-will-engage-in-war-against-bandits-coas/
And they're not yet a Terrorist! Nigeria is a Zoo! Animal republic is even better..
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Sirmuel1(m): 8:23am On Nov 22, 2021
Against Bandits or against our Eastern Brother?
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Bigchristo: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/21/army-will-engage-in-war-against-bandits-coas/
It’s a total let down to Nigeria military to engage in war with Bandits, It doesn’t take 24hrs for the Army to wipe out Bandits if they wish to do it, but those in helm of affairs are playing politics with security and safety of our citizens in this country.
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by relaxandsmile: 8:42am On Nov 22, 2021
I don't know how war of this nature works in military circle anyway.
But my take is that is not as easy as they are saying in.
The bandits move around us as normal people. When they see you with your tanks, they simply drop their weapons and start to mingle with the general public,and when you are gone they pick up their weapons again.
So the war is supposed to be fought without noise.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by lomprico(m): 9:01am On Nov 22, 2021
idiots! we are not decieved.

act before talking. nonsense
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by billyG(m): 9:27am On Nov 22, 2021
So they hey hav not engage them in war since.
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Amhappy(f): 9:36am On Nov 22, 2021
So you've treating them as friend before now right
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Loveknitting: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2021
God1000:
It's time for volte-Face Mr General, intelligence gathering and technology should be topmost

You can't win today's war by conventional tactics alone.

Sometimes you begin to wonder if these terrorist groups are more organized than our armed forces

Me and you both,
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by Blackdisciple(m): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2021
No shame , the most useless Army in the world.
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by ransomed: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2021
Audio engagement. Go to Lai Mohammed for upgrade on how to tell lies.
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by fitinwell: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2021
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by OnyeOgboni: 11:18am On Nov 22, 2021
"Will".. grin grin grin
Re: Farouk Yahaya: Army Will Engage In War Against Bandits by kingPhidel(m): 11:30am On Nov 22, 2021
Will?

That’s why you’ll continue to fail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Pays Condolence Visit To The Family Of Late Mama Ugbowo (Videos) / New Kaduna Governor Lashes Commissioners / What Are The Stages A Bill Can Pass Before It Can Be Signed Into Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.