Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Forcado - Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forcado - Delta State (349 Views)

Bomb Found Near A Filling Station In Delta State. Photos / Kingsley Amafibe Contesting For Delta State House Of Assembly / Finally Out! Delta State Looters List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forcado - Delta State by BigBashiru: 9:16am On Nov 22, 2021
those of us who say colonization was such a long time ago obviously do not know the lasting impacts of it.

A friend told me of a village in delta state called forcado, a village rich in oil in riverine area.....

forcado is a Portuguese word for forced.

these colonizers went as far as renaming our towns to their name!

sane thing they did in south Africa - Johannesburg isn't an African name it's Dutch. they wanted to claim South Africa is New Netherlands.... or similar

Africa must resist neocolonization.
Re: Forcado - Delta State by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 22, 2021
BigBashiru:
those of us who say colonization was such a long time ago obviously do not know the lasting impacts of it.

A friend told me of a village in delta state called forcado, a village rich in oil in riverine area.....

sane thing they did in south Africa - Johannesburg isn't an African name it's Dutch. they wanted to claim South Africa is New Netherlands.... or similar

Port Harcourt and Lagos nko?

The people of Forcados can change back the name if they want to. There are steps they will take.
Re: Forcado - Delta State by BigBashiru: 9:22am On Nov 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Port Harcourt and Lagos nko?

The people of Forcados can change back the name if they want to. There are steps they will take.

that's true oh! Lagos is a Portuguese name.... these ppl really dealt with us sha. maybe they wanted to create New Portugal i.e. present day Nigeria would have been New Portugal or New Spain.....

and port Harcourt too lolz.
Re: Forcado - Delta State by SlayerForever: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2021
Forcados means forced or enslaved. That was where Ika slaves were bought from their Benin and Itsekiri masters for onward exportation to plantations in Americas and Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Forcado - Delta State by Christistruth00: 10:01am On Nov 22, 2021
BigBashiru:

Forcados means Forked not Forced, it was named Forcados because at that point the River formed a Fork Shape
Re: Forcado - Delta State by BigBashiru: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2021
Christistruth00:

Forcados means Forked not Forced, it was named Forcados because at that point the River formed a Fork Shape

nigerians love to argue for argument sake. check the meaning with google translate. it means forced...... i wont waste time with you though
Re: Forcado - Delta State by SlayerForever: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2021
BigBashiru:

nigerians love to argue for argument sake. check the meaning with google translate. it means forced...... i wont waste time with you though

No mind am.
Re: Forcado - Delta State by tutudesz: 11:22am On Nov 22, 2021
SlayerForever:
Forcados means forced or enslaved. That was where Ika slaves were bought from their Benin and Itsekiri masters for onward exportation to plantations in Americas and Europe.
Forcados is a Ijaw community in burutu, so your statement doesn't make sense
Re: Forcado - Delta State by SlayerForever: 11:34am On Nov 22, 2021
tutudesz:

Forcados is a Ijaw community in burutu, so your statement doesn't make sense

It wasn't always Ijaw domimated in times past so your statement doesn't make sense.
Re: Forcado - Delta State by tutudesz: 11:58am On Nov 22, 2021
SlayerForever:

It wasn't always Ijaw domimated in times past so your statement doesn't make sense.
Are you telling me about my community Forcados has always been a Ijaw community right from time
Re: Forcado - Delta State by SlayerForever: 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
tutudesz:

Are you telling me about my community Forcados has always been a Ijaw community right from time

SMH
Re: Forcado - Delta State by tutudesz: 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
SlayerForever:

SMH
Mr Smart

(1) (Reply)

10 Powerful Leadership Qualities Of Honourable Prince Olaide Akinremi / How Are You Coping With The Economy? / Cbn Deputy Gov Aisha Ahmad Receives Praises As She Celebrates 100 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.