Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others (38432 Views)

Fuel Queues Hit Lagos, Others As Thieves Vandalise Pipelines / Prices Of Food Items Rise In Kano, Abuja, Lagos, Others / National Grid Collapses, Plunges Lagos, Others Into Darkness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by nanotechy: 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
I think the overarching aim of this government is to keep Nigerians perpetually poor, so they can maintain control and stay in leadership. Eveb the devil is appalled by the actions of these people!

1 Like

Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hunger bad .. someone should help me here in school mmits not been easy
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by Sijo01(f): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
That's how this incompetent administration will watch those ships and its content submerged and waste away instead of doing something good with it.

Foolish pipos angry
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by pussymonger1: 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
NIGERIA MY COUNTRY cool. A CONTRY WHERE THIEVES CALLED THIEVES THIEVES .A CONTRY WHERE THE ONLY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE THE POLITICIANS AND THE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ANY OTHER SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE FRAUD
MOTTO:NIGERIA cool A DEAD NATION . NO FUGACCI

1 Like

Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by XshegzzyeeiX: 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
Good job moderators
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by juniorstar(m): 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
dre11:

https://punchng.com/90-ships-seized-by-efcc-rot-away-in-lagos-others/

Lalasticlala
Why are these ppl like this there are many things to do with those vessels...
...you can rent/lease it
...you can auction it
...you can use it for ferry
...you can give it to the navy as an aid to their job
..you can use it for tourism in partnership with some private resorts
...you can use it to transport goods.

3 Likes

Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by Lokojatoofar: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
golor:
This is so true # I wanted to raise the issue here self cause I work offshore. There was a day one sank closed to ours where we park to do maintenance. Diesel was just coming out polluting the environment and I ask why can't government to charge of it after highest 6 month of abandonment or fasten the case so the owner can continue with his /her biz ....the this my captain America man (racist) screamed at me . So what are u gonna do about it ! Go get ur ass to work and leave here . To my greatest surprised the navy attached to that area watched the vessel sank

Yes, real humans know that Negroes have half the brain capacity of other races. He was right to order you back to work. Good thing you were not put in chains. I hope china will do so when they finally own your negro lands as your dumb and greedy leaders are selling Africa out.

1 Like

Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by Kingstanding: 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
Wasteful government. After looting some they leave others to waste. I bet they don't have a case against the owners hence the delay in trials
. Very common in government ministry, unproductive people. Those oga at the ministry will be saying government no dey loose.
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
WHY ALLOW THEM ROT AWAY WHERE YU CAN SELL THEM AND USE THE CASH TO FINANCE OUR EXPENDITURE INSTEAD OF BORROWIN. THERE ARE PLENTY THINGS TO SELL FR CORRUPTION SEIZURES WEY SUPPOSE BRING BETA MONEY FOR NAIJA. NA WO!
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
Useless government
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by Finewarriboy: 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hmmm
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
This clueless and rudderless aboki government have been shooting themselves in the foot since time immemorial how do you seize something valuable and not auction it off FFS undecided that's a leakage to the economy.
There's so many untapped resources but the sleepy presido would rather do bambiala like the beggar that he is.
Even if you don't have brain the least you can do is to employ people with functioning brain
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by Enyimbamercedes: 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
The typical Nigerian way

Allow seized property rot away and in the end, everyone loses

Take Chelsea Hotel for instance. It was seized from Dipreye and abandoned; now it is derelict. Why couldnt the government hand it to a Hotel Management Company to run and the proceeds go to the government coffers or convert it into flats or put it up for outright sale?

No way...we allow it rot! That is the real corruption! At least before they were seized, they were contributing value to the economy
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by nedekid: 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
chariisGRACE:
Pictures of the rotten ships?

Make EFCC tear those ships, auction the parts to ship builders if they don't know what to do.

And where are the shipbuilders?
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by Lashist(m): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
We need special idiots like Nonpartisan1 to tell us how this is a lie and how APC and other politicians have done marvellously well for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by nedekid: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
baby124:
Turn them to scrap metal and reuse.
Do you know that here in Nigeria, there is no capacity to scrap vessels? Most have to be towed or sailed to asia to be scrapped. Imagine the cost.
The alternative is to abandon the ship and it then sinks and blocks our waterway.
On my phone I have pictures of 5 vessels for sale as scrap. Nobody gree buy. Even as dash, nobody gree take.
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by nedekid: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
In asaris voice, apc abokii think say them wise. They are just mumu men!
You seize 100 vessels, rendered them Usless and turned to scrap while thousands lost their jobs.
Now you have to pay 6 naval officers to watch each ship and there are 100 ships. Haba! No be juju be that?
Now they are sinking and will block our shipping lanes, Barth, parking etc.
Do you know it cost atleast $3m to raise a partially sunken ship and tow it out for scrapping? Scrapping sef is done in Asia.
No be juju be this?? shocked
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by chariisGRACE(m): 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
nedekid:
And where are the shipbuilders?
Sorry, boat builders. grin
Them many for Port Harcourt.
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by nedekid: 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
chariisGRACE:

Sorry, boat builders. grin

Them many for Port Harcourt.
Oh ok.
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by baby124: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2021
nedekid:

Do you know that here in Nigeria, there is no capacity to scrap vessels? Most have to be towed or sailed to asia to be scrapped. Imagine the cost.
The alternative is to abandon the ship and it then sinks and blocks our waterway.
On my phone I have pictures of 5 vessels for sale as scrap. Nobody gree buy. Even as dash, nobody gree take.
Well there you go with a business opportunity for yourself. Many Aboki scavengers will be glad to sell the scraps or buy from you! At least the metal. The other electronics may be toxic though.
Re: 90 Ships Seized By EFCC Rot Away In Lagos, Others by obo389(m): 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
So also houses seized by these anti graft are rotting away in their various locations

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC / Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North / LoveBuhariLoveNigeria Dinner Organized By Fashola: Live Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.