Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport (36076 Views)

All Female Air Traffic Control Personnel Take Charge At Airports (Photo) / Lagos, Abuja, Rivers, Imo, Kano, Enugu Dominate Air Traffic Data 2Q (Photos) / Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by etokhana: 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
Aniekan Inuk Effiong, an Air Traffic Controller at Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, is dead.

Daily Trust gathered that Effiong died on duty in the wee hours of Monday.

The Controller identified in his early 40s reportedly slumped while at his duty post at the approach radar of the Lagos airport.

Though there has not been an official confirmation of his death, a source at the airport said the deceased slumped but because of vehicular restrictions to the Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria (TRACON) site, he could not be rushed to the hospital.

“Before they could get a vehicle and rush him to the hospital he passed on,” the source said.

The deceased was an official of the Nigerian Airspace Management Authority (NAMA).

The source said, “I wish to appeal to the authorities particularly his immediate constituency NAMA, the magnanimous Minister and DG NCAA to please come to the immediate aid of his young family with the hope also that he will be compensated adequately to encourage others.

“While doing all these, may I appeal that the restriction of vehicle to the TRACON site be reviewed immediately while stress test carried out on the surviving ones.

“I humbly submit and seek for prayers for God to forgive his shortcomings and accept him in his bosom.”

Daily Trust reports that another ATC died about two weeks ago, making it two key technical staff of NAMA that would pass away in a space of two weeks.

The first deceased, Mr. Francis Anwetin, the ATC operations manager at Asaba Airport was hit by a vehicle on close of business.

He reportedly died on the spot right in front of the airport gate.

Our correspondent reports that there has been a concern over the dearth of ATCs in NAMA prompting the management to even recall some officials from retirement.

Officials say the loss of the two ATCs have further depleted the rank of Air Traffic Controllers in the aviation sector.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-air-traffic-controller-slumps-dies-at-lagos-airport

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by SadiqBabaSani: 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
So sad indeed

1 Like

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by SadiqBabaSani: 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
When terrorist bandits and their sponsors are supposed to be the ones falling here you have a hardworking man falling and dieing.
Rip.
Death to all Terrorist Sponsors, and their online slaves

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by Racoon(m): 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
So much trouble in the world.Rest in peace sir.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by Racoon(m): 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
[s]
Isaytrash:
Interesting � One warrior gone. I hope he had enough pussy and ass to lick in his lifetime. Because with his name no vigina for him 8n heaven
[/s]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by malcom1X: 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
Did he take the vaccine?

Don't let people lie to you that you have malaria, say the vaccine brings out malaria in you when actually you are suffering from a vaccine adverse effects.

Report to the place you took the vaccine.

I forgot that there is no place to report vaccine adverse effects in Nigeria.

Die hard bro.

28 Likes

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
Racoon:
[s][/s]
interesting
Mr? I feel sad for the guy, he could have been a virgin so sad. If I was a lady I will go give his lifeless dick some interesting BJ he will miss heaven

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by quinnton75: 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
shocked oh my condolences
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by Olopode: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
I blame Buhari for his death
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by JavaScript90: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
RIP to the dead. what an unfortunate way yo die. Please take your health seriously while working

2 Likes

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by SultanOfPuna: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by SILVERLINES: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
embarassed

Poor guy
He must have taken permission from his oga at the top but he won't let him be that forced him to work even when his body wasn't permitted. And, in all and all a fulani herdsman in the aviation industry murdered him.

One Nigeria has cost another life

3 Likes

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by ImoleNaija: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Eiyah,,,, may God console his loved ones.
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by Folabifreeman(m): 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Once you attain a certain age, Health check-up is very essential to your daily living.

Rip Sire!

10 Likes

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by ForeThinker: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Kon3

Hard ...
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by Olopode: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
SadiqBabaSani:
When terrorist bandits and their sponsors are supposed to be the ones falling here you have a hardworking man falling and dieing.
Rip.
Death to all Terrorist Sponsors, and their online slaves
Starting from Bubu
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by realstars: 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
TV
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by Dialpad: 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
May his soul RIP.

As we grow older, we should always make it a duty to go for proper health check at least once a year .

I pray that none of us reading this will experience untimely death.

Amen.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by engrglover(m): 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
C
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by gambia(m): 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
High blood pressure related.

4 Likes

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by 1bunne4lif(m): 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
Rest in peace
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by Kaybee14(m): 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
This is serious. May God rest his soul.
We should always find a way for our body to rest, if not, our body will pick a day for us and it will be a day we don't like.
My thoughts and prayers are with the bereaved family at this difficult period.
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by faithfull18(f): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
etokhana:

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-air-traffic-controller-slumps-dies-at-lagos-airport
There's no 'I am young' again oo. Everyone should go for comprehensive check-up regularly.

My doctor thinks I am funny as I don't waste time to see the doctor when I notice any change in my system.

7 Likes

Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by ignis: 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
Handwork of village people
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by Drsnives(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
End time
Re: Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport by Yougat: 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
Rip sir.

He overworked himself

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Second Niger Bridge Now 95% Complete, To Be Opened December 2022 (video) / U.S TSA Assesses Lagos Airport / Truck Crushes Everything In A Shop Except The Owner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.