Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly (2977 Views)

Two Groups Of Protesters Descend On The National Assembly / Two Groups Of Protesters Descend On The National Assembly / Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by HighChief4(m): 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2011
The National Assembly complex in Abuja has been overtaken by thousands of people seeking to become legislative aides to members of the just inaugurated seventh National Assembly.

Both the front and back entrances into the National Assembly complex, including the entrances to the Senate and House of Representatives’ new buildings, were blocked by the job seekers.

Not even the security operatives, comprising the team of Sergeant-at-Arms, State Security Services, SSS, and Police could stop the crowd from entering the complex.

The security operatives were even at a loss as they could not stop them from entering the complex and crowding the lobby.

Vanguard gathered that the job seekers were mainly legislative aides and office assistance to senators and members of the House of Representatives that lost their seats in the April 2011 National Assembly elections.

One of the job seekers who asked for her name not to be mentioned, told Vanguard that she was at the complex to talk to senators to hire her as a legislative aide.

Her words: “It is so bad that my Oga did not win his election, because it has thrown most of us in his office into the unemployment market.

“I am here because I already have the requisite working experience as a legislative aide, looking for any senator that needs the service of legislative aides.”

Another job seeker, Chukwudi Okafor, also told Vanguard that the purpose of his coming was to try and get any of the new senators to hire him.

He also said he had worked for about four years with a senator, adding that he was confident of getting a job with one of the new senators.

“I am here on the look out for any senator going about carrying his bag. Once I see any carrying his bag, that means he has no assistance for now, and I will just go and approach him and beg him to allow me help him carry the bag. At least from there, I will establish contact and then tell him my mission.”

When some of the job seekers were asked why they did not just put in application letters where there were vacancies, their responses were that it was better to first establish direct contact with either the senators or members of the House of Representatives before writing application letters.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/job-seekers-besiege-n-assembly/
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
High_Chief:

The National Assembly complex in Abuja[b] has been overtaken by thousands of people seeking to become legislative aides to members of the just inaugurated seventh National Assembly. [/b]

WOW!! Who no wan chop him share of the millions ooo !
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2011
lol, wetin i no go see, for this naija nw
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by 190: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2011
This is sad, too sad!!

Tell me why armed robbery should be curbed in the society when there are NO JOBS angry angry
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
190:

This is sad, too sad!!

Tell me why armed robbery should be curbed in the society when there are NO JOBS angry angry

sO u wont get killed, u want make them kill you?? shocked shocked shocked shocked odeeee
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Billygene: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2011
Just imagine crowd scouting for peanut job.Please i plead for a huge riot
to be coursed in that country that just very view can eat three squire mill.
The level of unemployment in Nigeria can only happen their but not in any
other country has half of the money she has.
I still ask and honestly plead for Nigerian students to rise up to their feet
and bring down that nation to ZERO and make sure that non of those
bastards escape through any of the airports.
Enough is enough!!!
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2011
Billygene:

I still ask and honestly plead for Nigerian students to rise up to their feet
and bring down that nation to ZERO and make sure that non of those
bastards escape through any of the airports.
Enough is enough!!!
All these yahoo yahoo boys wey u they see, and cultist for uni, are pusssy, they cant i repeat, they cant do that
90 percent of them are bitchhsss, all they knw how to do is scam over the internet, n talk bout soccer, as far as they see garri and eja dindin
itt called suffering and smiling
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by LadyT(f): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2011
190:

This is sad, too sad!!

Are you insane?
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by 190: 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
Donlittle:

All these yahoo yahoo boys wey u they see, and cultist for uni, are pusssy, they cant i repeat, they cant do that
90 percent of them are bitchhsss, all they knw how to do is scam over the internet, n talk bout soccer, as far as they see garri and eja dindin
itt called suffering and smiling
grin grin
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by JUO(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
9ja na d.i.e
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Iysayah(m): 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
these are the kinds of news you want to read and jump out of your seat shouting "AT LAST!" only to finish reading the disgusting stuff and have a stale taste running your tongue. why in the name of God are they not doing otherwise:
I thought the news should read something like: JOB SEEKERS INVADE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY BEATING ALL LAWMAKERS TO STUPOR AND MADE AWAY WITH THE MAZE!
Or better still
JOB SEEKERS BLOW UP NATIONAL ASSEMBLY COMPLEX KILLING ALL 360 LAWMAKERS IN THE PROCESS- WE HAVE JUST STARTED READS A COMMUNIQUE FROM THE JOB SEEKING GANG! angry  angry angry  angry ( with an emoticon like this).
with those rapers, i could fantasize on and on and on angry.
job seekers stupid, youths disillusioned, rapers learning new bed styles, wait till another four years, they will be back where they started from.
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Roland17(m): 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2011
Any unemployed youth still writing application letters just dey waste him tim, 9ija no be yankee, just chase your target until him give you attention, especially 4 church.
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Rapmoney(m): 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
Infact, i am already typing my CV, i need to be there. Warri nor dey carry last!!!
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by adeibi: 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
Rapmoney:

Infact, i am already typing my CV, i need to be there. Warri nor dey carry last!!!

LWKMD,
I no sabi your own type of warri o u no even sharp sef.
U still dey type CV when others are already making direct contact.
U go soon know say warri too dey carry last.
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Iysayah(m): 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
adeibi:

LWKMD,
I no sabi your own type of warri o u no even sharp sef.
U still dey type CV when others are already making direct contact.
U go soon know say warri too dey carry last.
grin grin grin grin grin.
LOL.you're crazy! grin
warri ko, okoko ni.
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by joshfash(m): 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Rapmoney, U don carry last already, others don dey enter National Assembly, u dey there dey write ur CV! I beg no follow talk tins u no sabi.
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by lafuria1(m): 7:07pm On Jun 09, 2011
naija my country, nothin wai u no go hear. A graduate carryin bag 4 senotor, chai. One na one day no body go tell us make we gather 4 eagle square as our own tahrin square.
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2011
the reason for their storming the NASS complex is pathetic at best. what did they intend to do, foist themselves on the legislature. the future of this country looks even bleaker when you realize that ee, the youth fail to look at the bigger picture. for one, do they think that the incoming legislators don't have their own people that they want to "settle" with jobs? so what if they end up not getting employed by the legislators, would they just commit mass suicide? instead of them to go and demand that the legislators work toward improving the life of the common man and issuing appropriate threats if they failed to, they went there to demand for peanuts. couldn't they tell from the fact that the entire security setup in the NASS complex couldn't prevent them from gaining entrance into the complex that they had power in their hands? why then could they not demand for something better? i seriously fear for my country.
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by nedu666: 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2011
i feeel for this nation and its citizens cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Fhemmmy: 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2011
I hope the ripple effect of Middle east crisis is not coming home to roost
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by DrKnow1(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
Abuja lowo wa!
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by MMM2(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
is a pity cry
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Muza(m): 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2011
mtssew,if this was how these fools had been invading the NASS evrytime the legislators mess up,the legislators wud hav sat up
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by oladayo042: 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by akko: 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2011
na wa owhat do yu expect the job seekersto do they must survive in their country
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by HighChief4(m): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
nedu666:

i feeel for this nation and its citizens cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Am telling you the truth. Am really concerned
Re: Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly by Reference(m): 11:47am On Jun 10, 2011
We continue to fuel the fire that consumes us. Pity.

(1) (Reply)

Group General Manager, Corporate Affairs Of Nnpc- Dr Livi Ajuonuma Resigns / Picture Of Buhari And Oshinbajo's Wife On Arrival To Abeokuta Rally / Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.