Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Wonders Of Turmeric Golden Milk (the Recipe) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wonders Of Turmeric Golden Milk (the Recipe) (184 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Soybean Milk "The Miracle Milk" / Soak Ginger,turmeric,garlic And Cloves To Get These Health Benefits / 10 Proven Health Benefits Of Turmeric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wonders Of Turmeric Golden Milk (the Recipe) by mediainc: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
Feeling burned out of the cold and need a natural remedy? If so, join me as I find comfort in this 10-minute to make paleo-friendly, vegan, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened Turmeric Golden Milk recipe. With all of its healing properties, this latte-like creamy drink is guaranteed to provide you the warmth you need in these brutally cold days of winter.

If you are new to using turmeric in your cooking and/or never tried your hand in making turmeric milk, this post is for you. With its incredible healing and calming properties, this easy and healthy vegan drink is exactly what you need, especially if you are like me, feeling defeated by these cold winter days.

More on the health benefits later. First, let’s talk about what is turmeric milk, its benefits, and how it is made.

What Is Golden Milk
Gold milk is a traditional Ayurvedic drink made with turmeric root (or ground turmeric), milk (originally made with cow’s milk, but can also be made with plant-based and dairy-free milk like almond and coconut), black pepper, and oil.

However, in most recipes, it is also mixed in with other good-for-you ingredients like ginger root (or ground ginger). Though it is totally optional, it can be sweetened with unrefined sugars like honey and maple syrup.

Turmeric Golden Milk from scratch – photographed from the top view
If you do a quick research online, you will be presented with various other terms for golden milk. While I am sure there are some exceptions to the rule, they are essentially the same thing.

Below are some of the most common terms used for Golden Turmeric Milk:

Haldi Doodh: Having been originated from India, this is the original name for golden milk.
Golden Milk Latte: Since it is made with warm milk mixed in with turmeric, some people also refer to this drink as golden milk latte, golden latte, golden turmeric latte, or turmeric latte.
Turmeric Milk Tea: I have also found some people referring to this drink as “milk tea” or “golden milk tea.” I guess it is a British thing, but again it is essentially the same thing.
Turmeric golden milk benefits
If you are familiar with Indian cooking, it is likely that you already know turmeric spice (also known as a golden yellow spice). Mainly a staple in their curry dishes, turmeric is known for its incredible healing properties.

Article quite long, see full article here- https://uptownmediainc.com/the-wonders-of-turmeric-golden-milk/

(1) (Reply)

Korea Red Ginseng - How It Will Save Your Life Now / 6 Natural Weight Loss Tips / Color Vibration With Massage Therapy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.