Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

There Was No King In Israel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Was No King In Israel (238 Views)

Mosaic Floors From 1500-Yr-Old Lost Church Of The Apostles Found In Israel (Pics / Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) / New Dead Sea Scrolls In Israel Reveals Fragments Of Biblical Prophets (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Was No King In Israel by FreshGreen: 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
THERE WAS NO KING IN ISRAEL
"In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes." Judges 21:25.

There was a period in the land of Israel that there was no king, so there was no coordination, no control or proper system and everyone was doing whatever seemed right to him. Since there was no king, there was no orderliness, there was no restrain and then there was no protection. The country was open to self-perversion and invasion of the enemies. No one to put them in order and no one to protect them from external attacks.

This is exactly how it is in many people lives today, living without a King, and doing whatever pleases you freely and giving enemies rooms to freely work against your life.

There is only one King anointed by God to reign in people’s lives, He is called King of kings and Lord of lords, Jesus Christ. When you do not have the King of Kings in your life to take control over your life and reign, you have two forms of freedoms: Freedom to live as you like and freedom for enemies to attack you as they life. It is because of freedom that many people do not want Jesus to reign in their lives, that they do not accept the King of kings into their lives, but they don’t understand the two sides of this freedom without Jesus:

FREEDOM TO LIVE AS YOU LIKE
The Bible says, “there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes." That is the main reason many do not want to experience genuine salvation, why many do not want to be genuinely born again, why many do not want to give their lives to Jesus, because they want to live in freedom to do what they like, to dress how to like and how they like.

When you don’t have Jesus as the King of your life, you at liberty to do what you like. You are free to commit sin. You don’t need to take permission or seek the face of God before you do anything, because you don’t have King over your life. You know why many people are free and frivolous with their lives? Why many dress as they like without constraint? You know why so many people live their lives as they like? It is because they don’t have Jesus as King ruling their lives.

You can be a Christian, going to church every day, you can be a worker or minister in your church, and yet you may not have Jesus as King over your life. When Jesus Christ is not the King over your life, you will be doing what is right in your own eyes. Or rather, when you are doing what is right in your own eyes it implies you don't have King of kings reigning in your life.

When you do what seems right to you and not to God, when you live your life based on your own principles and opinions and not according to God’s unchanging Word, when you want to marry who is right in your own eyes without submitting to God's will, when you want to do business that seems right in your own eyes, when you want to relocate to a place that seems right to you without seeking God’s face, when you are making decisions by what seem right to you, when you want to choose whatever seems right to you, it is because Jesus Christ is not the King of your life.

When Jesus Christ becomes our King, we will not be doing what is right in our eyes but what is right in His sight, we will submit to His lordship by living a total surrendered life.

Many people call themselves Christians but Jesus is not the King over their lives, they do not surrender to the rulership of Jesus, they do not accept Jesus as the King of their lives.

It is not about saying you are a Christian or you love God, it is not about calling Jesus King of your life, but it is about allowing Him to reign in your life and to dictate your life for you. When you live as you like, it means Jesus is not your King. When you live your life contrary to God’s word, it means Jesus is not the King of your life. When you do what pleases you without caring if it displeases Jesus, it simply means Jesus is not the King of your life. When you decide how you live, how you dress, how you talk, and where you go without considering the will of Jesus or His word, it means you are the king of your life. It is not about singing that Jesus is the King.

If Jesus is the king of your life, you will submit to His word and you will surrender to His will for your life. You will not take decision without seeking His face. There is nothing as dangerous as leading yourself in this valley of shadow of death life, there is a way that seems right to a man but the end is death. "There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." Proverbs 16:25.

FREEDOM OF ENEMIES’ ATTACKS
There are many people who freely live their lives without submitting to God’s word, they are so frivolous in how they live, talk, dress and do things, they claim they are not in bondage of any kind. They can listen to any music, watch any movies, go anywhere, get involve in worldly activities without thinking twice. They claim they have freedom to live as they like. They don’t know that when you call yourself a Christian and live in freedom to please yourself, you are giving Satan and enemies of your soul freedom to attack you.

So many Christians are under the attacks of the enemies, though they go to church, they fast and pray, they pay tithes and offerings, they sow seeds and do other religious activities, yet the enemies are freely attacking them. It is because they do not have Jesus as King over their lives. You cannot continue in sins and expect Jesus to reign in your life. Jesus does not live or reign in dirty environment. That is the reason the Bible says in Romans 12:1, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your [b]reasonable service.”

When Jesus is not reigning in your life, the enemies can attack your life as they wish because there is no King of kings to stop them. The Bible says, “In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes." When Jesus is not reigning in your life, the devil can do whatever seems right to him in your life. Many lives are being ruined by the devil because Jesus is not reigning in such life.

If you don’t allow Jesus to freely reign in your life, the devil will freely ruin your life. If you freely live your life as you like, the enemies will freely launch their attacks on your life. When you refuse Jesus and His righteousness to reign in your life, how will He fight your battles for you? That is the reason many deliverances, prayer and fastings are not working, because you cannot call Him to fight for you when He is not reigning in your life, when you are disobeying His commands and disregarding His constitution, which is Bible.

When the enemies want to attach a life, they will first check if Jesus is reigning in such life or not, if such person is a child of the Kingdom of God or not, because King Jesus will not allow enemies to attack His children. The Bible says,
“As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
So the LORD surrounds His people
From this time forth and forever.
For the scepter of wickedness shall not rest
On the land allotted to the righteous,
Lest the righteous reach out their hands to iniquity.”
Psalm 125:2,3.

Will you allow Jesus to reign in your life? It is more than saying it or singing it, you must surrender your life to Him, you must forsake your sins because He cannot reign in your life with sinful lifestyle. He is a righteous King and He lives in righteous life.

For Jesus to reign in your life, you will need to stop pleasing yourself and living as you like, you will not live according to your own principles, opinions or your family’s traditions anymore, you will begin to live according to His word and will.

Are you ready to accept Jesus into your life?

Say Jesus, I want you to reign in my life.
I don’t want to continue pleasing myself and displeasing You,
I don’t want to continue living as I like,
I don’t want to enemies to continue ruining my life.
Jesus Christ the King of kings, I invite You into my life,
Forgive all my sins,
Wash me with Your Precious Blood,
Save me.
And be the King of my life from today and forever.
Amen!

Gideon Akande,
RTEM: www.rtemoputreach.org

(1) (Reply)

How I Grew Up With My Father In The Farm And How The Things I Learnt Helped My / Devil's Image / Having a Good Narrative in the Courts of Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.