Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation (42669 Views)

Atiku's Campaign In Imo In Trouble / Soldiers Burn Houses In Ohafia, Abia Over Death Of 7 Soldiers By Unknown Gunmen / Army In Gun Battle With ESN In Awo-Omamma, Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by afroniger: 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
https://punchng.com/breaking-hotel-houses-burnt-as-gunmen-kill-soldier-in-imo/

By Chidiebube Okeoma

22 November 2021

Gunmen on Monday afternoon killed a military officer when they attacked some soldiers in Awo Mmamma in the Oru East Local Government Area of Imo State.

In reprisal, military men regrouped, stormed the town and allegedly burnt a hotel, cars, houses and shops.

The incident which happened at Ishieke junction in the area has caused panic in the community.

Many indigenes of the community have fled as soldiers took over the community.

A source told The PUNCH that “some hoodlums attacked some soldiers at Ishieke junction in Awo Mmamma and killed one of them. They zoomed off towards Ihiala in Anambra State. Later soldiers invaded the area and caused havoc in the area by setting a hotel, cars, houses and stalls on fire.”

The police spokesperson for the state command, Micheal Abattam, didn’t respond to a text message sent to him by our correspondent as of the time of filing this report.

Also, the spokesperson for the 34 Artillery Brigade Command, Owerri, Sunday Akuga, didn’t take several calls put to his mobile number.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by BKayy: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
Let me get this straight,
Fellow Gun welding men attacked Nigerian Army, overpowered them and killed some of them . Then, instead of the Nigerian army to go after their fellow men with guns, they descended on unarmed Civilians burning their houses, shops and hotels.

What we can make out from this is that the Army is only strong when it comes to civilians but becomes a weakling when confronted by armed men.

Shameless Cowards parading themselves as army that did not learn how to shoot but how to burn Civilian houses and kidnap women.

828 Likes 90 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by helinues: 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
Fire is no longer on the mountains in SE but on their roofs..

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by Rodwave: 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
These are terrorists Nigeria army. They are only sent to protect Nigeria and kill Nigerians

232 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by MadamVanessa(f): 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
Coward zoo soldiers.

Instead of searching for those who killed one of them, you'll see them causing all manners of havoc , terrorizing armless civilian there and killing them too. So shameless a group.

IPOB again!
If u come under my post to defend Ipob terrorist may thunder strike ur left ear. Ipob touts attacking our security forces after drinking mkpurumiri

@ KanofirstSon, it's so laughable how you can leave your backward north that is been ravaged by bokoharam, Iswap and bandits and focused more on south east. grin

Same way almajiris northern youth joined bokoharam, Iswap, banditry, to kill, maim and rape, bomb/blow themselves up after bathing with cow urine or drinking it , the highness is even effective if they shove their ugly faces down cows ass hole and lick it clean.

193 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by bigpriik: 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
The funny thing here is that udele1 the Igbo wannabe will come and support them in killing his so called igbos brothers,we shall avenge all evil Arewa did to us when We get our independence for now use your time well.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by PrinceOfLagos: 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
Cowards

Animals in uniform

You have scores to settle with unknown gun men so why transfer aggression on innocent people And there businesses

This is so not right

All the soldiers that took part in this crime against humanity must be brought to justice

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by ThinkSmarter: 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
E

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by MadamVanessa(f): 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
bigpriik:
The funny thing here is that udele1 the Igbo wannabe will come and support them in killing his so called igbos brothers,we shall avenge all evil Arewa did to us when We get our independence for now use your time well.

Udele or what his name is called, is not igbo and he can never be. He's a hausa or fulani miscreant, that parade his ugly self as an igbo.

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by KanoFirstSon: 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
IPOB again!
If u come under my post to defend Ipob terrorist may thunder strike ur left ear. Ipob touts attacking our security forces after drinking mkpurumiri

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by ThinkSmarter: 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
Igbo Commoners believe that the actualization of Biafra will bring their sufferings to a halt.
But elite Igbos know that Biafra won't be so easy to get and no body is ready to trade his present Comfort for the eventual chaos that comes with every war especially having learnt from the 1st civil war.
Or are you ready to sacrifice the comfort of your your beautiful one room apartment to go and stay in the bush/jungle where you will deprive yourself of the basics of life.
Get addicted to drugs, get malnourished and face death threats from the government forces?
Are you ready?
Are you ready to die at any moment?
War is a big deal.
You can't predict the aftermath .
It might be devastating.
Are you prepared for it?
Are you prepared to see women being raped by drug influenced rebels?
Are you ready to see education and business
activities grounded?
Are you ready to see beautiful structures bombed?
Are you ready to see children and your aged parents getting sick and starved?
Do you have enough resources like guns, bullets, bombs, aircrafts and combat trucks for war?
I ask again, are you ready?
Or should you embrace dialogue and go diplomatic.
The fantasy of Biafra is like the fantasy of heaven or paradise among believers
There was a country.
#ThinkAboutit

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
A source told The PUNCH that “some hoodlums attacked some soldiers at Ishieke junction in Awo Mmamma and killed one of them. They zoomed off towards Ihiala in Anambra State. Later soldiers invaded the area and caused havoc in the area by setting a hotel, cars, houses and stalls on fire.”

They didn't go anywhere near Ihiala in anambra state but rather will diverted towards their orlu base.

The soldiers at Ihiala will be alerted moreover it happened at Awommamma so it is 100% clear they disappeared along mgbidi road in same Imo state.

Punch report accurately.

Meanwhile Ndi Imo rest kwanununu ehhh.

What is all this?

Why we are sleeping Nnamdi Kanu secretly recruited many imolites into IPOB...very bad

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by uBuNiT: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
The idiots are coming closer again
Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by KanoFirstSon: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
ThinkSmarter:

Igbo Commoners believe that the actualization of Biafra will bring their sufferings to a halt.

But elite Igbos know that Biafra won't be so easy to get and no body is ready to trade his present Comfort for the eventual chaos that comes with every war especially having learnt from the 1st civil war.

Or are you ready to sacrifice the comfort of your your beautiful one room apartment to go and stay in the bush/jungle where you will deprive yourself of the basics of life.

Get addicted to drugs, get malnourished and face death threats from the government forces?

Are you ready?

War is a big deal.

It might be devastating.

Are you prepared for it?

Are you ready to see education and business activities grounded?

Do you have enough resources like guns, bullets, bombs, aircrafts and combat trucks for war?

There was a country.

#ThinkAboutit

The useless terrorist called MNK must continue to remain in jail. He instigated all these. For every death of our security forces...mores days should be added to his incarceration in jail.

Igbos shouldn’t start crying o,they were singing,clapping and shaking butts for unknown gunmen initially. They should swallow all the nonsense they’ve been cheering

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by edmaraja: 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
KanoFirstSon:
IPOB again!
You must be an irredeemable idiot!! Where was IPOB mentioned in any part of this story? Your foolishness will never allow you reason like a normal human being. Foolish goat

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by KanoFirstSon: 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
It also seems Imo state is the headquarters of Ipob terrorists. They should continue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
KanoFirstSon:
It also seems Imo state is the headquarters of Ipob terrorists. They should continue

All these spillover in anambra state are all caused by them.

These guys should allow us rest.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by omowolewa: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
So they destroyed what they were to protect

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by Deborah98(f): 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
KanoFirstSon:
my once peaceful and loving state now a warzone cry.... It's well

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by bigpriik: 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
Are you ready?
War is a big deal.
It might be devastating.
Are you prepared for it?
activities grounded?
There was a country.
#ThinkAboutit

If that's the price of freedom so be it, i rather face all that even worse,we are tired of Nigeria a nation with no dream or direction a Somalia to be,if war is the solution so be it,if i die may i rest in peace,if i survive glory be to God,all these your fear mongering wouldn't change anything,what will be will be you should care more about your Arewa is will a disaster post Nigeria ,no super power will support the breakup of Nigeria but if we eventually slide into war forget it Nigeria will surely breakup they will see reasons to interfare ,let those who will cry cry blood.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by PrinceOfLagos: 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
Deborah98:
my once peaceful and loving state now a warzone cry.... It's well

Where in Imo state are you from

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by KanoFirstSon: 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
bigpriik:

If that's the price of freedom so be it, i rather face all that even worse,we are tired of Nigeria a nation with no dream or direction a Somalia to be,if war is the solution so be it,if i die may i rest in peace,if i survive glory be to God,all these your fear mongering wouldn't change anything,what will be will be you should care more about your Arewa is will a disaster post Nigeria ,no super will support breakup of Nigeria but if we eventually slide into war forget it Nigeria will surely breakup,let those who will cry cry blood.
Underaged child talking about war like it’s a merry go round. SMH

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by AntiBMC(m): 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
Nawa o. How can Gunmen from Anambra attack you people, and you people just went to the nearest village in Imo to start burning houses?

Z0mbie president begats Zombie soldiers and Zombie cabinet.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by MadamVanessa(f): 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by bigpriik: 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
KanoFirstSon:

Underaged child talking about war like it’s a merry go round. SMH

Have you yourself experience war before ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by JohnBullMySon: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
bigpriik:

If that's the price of freedom so be it, i rather face all that even worse,we are tired of Nigeria a nation with no dream or direction a Somalia to be,if war is the solution so be it,if i die may i rest in peace,if i survive glory be to God,all these your fear mongering wouldn't change anything,what will be will be you should care more about your Arewa is will a disaster post Nigeria ,no super power will support the breakup of Nigeria but if we eventually slide into war forget it Nigeria will surely breakup they will see reasons to interfare ,let those who will cry cry blood.
Sorry lemme ask.

This "freedom" you are talking about. Do you have any pragmatic detail to support that?

What makes you different from other African countries who have attempted this? Revolution or Secession.

Hope you know that at best, IPOB can only start an insurgency, with more losses on their part? Are you ready to live in an everlasting insurgency?

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by PDJT: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
Are you ready?
War is a big deal.
It might be devastating.
Are you prepared for it?
activities grounded?
There was a country.
#ThinkAboutit

-So you Nigerians will fight another war in order to have a Nation you so much hate to remain part of your country? Leeches everywhere. grin

-Anyway, we are keenly watching. I guess you lots don’t bleed, or have anything to lose.

-The fact is; Nigeria is already Dead. What is manifesting now is looting of what is left by your so-called leaders, as they hide their loots and children abroad, whilst the illiterate terrorists they gave uniform are stealing and destroying what remains of the unfortunate properties in those locals.

-The war you asked for is already with you, but you are too obtuse to realise it. Africans. Smh

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by bigpriik: 8:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Sorry lemme ask.

This "freedom" you are talking about. Do you have any pragmatic detail to support that?

What makes you different from other African countries who have attempted this? Revolution or Secession.

Hope you know that at best, IPOB can only start an insurgency, with more losses on their part? Are you ready to live in an everlasting insurgency?

Go and ask KANU i am not part of ipob leadership,i am only concern with defending my family and people.
Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by vedaxcool(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
[s]
MadamVanessa:
Coward zoo soldiers.

Instead of searching for those who killed one of them, you'll see them causing all manners of havoc , terrorizing armless civilian there and killing them too. So shameless a group.
[/s]

The terrorist sympathisers did not condemn the actions of her foot soldiers. Those who set their houses on fire to spite their enemies shall surely sleep in the open!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Burn Houses, Shops, Cars in Awo Omamma (Imo) In Retaliation by Tingotoe: 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
Now someone should come and tell me how IPOB aren't terrorists

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics / Buhari's Executive Order Number 6 / Aisha Buhari Calls On The IGP To Release Her Detained Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.