Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti (4653 Views)

Never Seen Before Photo Of Fela Anikulapo Kuti / Fela Anikulapo Kuti Preparing For A Show In 1977 (photo) / DC EXCLUSIVE: I Kissed Genevieve Nnaji But - Beninoise Actress Ella Martins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by fd4all234(m): 2:27am On Jun 09, 2011
« Bhoke, Ernest Evicted From Big Brother Amplified
The Return of Jenifa in Cinemas From August »
EXCLUSIVE: ‘I Want to Marry Oprah or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-Kuti

By Dayo Farore

Barely 13 weeks after his brother, Femi Kuti of the Positive Force band claimed he does not believe in marriage in an exclusive interview with Nigerian Entertainment Today, the youngest son of the late Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Seun Kuti in an exclusive interview with our reporter also agrees with the beliefs of his older brother saying ‘I’m not a cynic, I’m a realist. As Uncle Femi Falana put it to me, people expect the African to love, to romance and forget reasoning, but it is highly impossible for the Yoruba man to abandon his reasoning for love. However, there is going to be romance, but he will never forget reasoning’.

When we asked if he will ever get married if the right girl comes around, he went: ‘No problem as long as she’s got big money, millions of dollars. I want to marry Oprah or The Queen of England, ladies with big bucks and then I can divorce her in two years with half of her money coming to me… I want a woman who will buy me stuffs like Ferrari, Condo and the great things that would make all the nagging and stress of the marriage worth enduring.’

Seun Kuti has been playing in his father‘s Egypt 80 band since his pre-teen years before taking over the band after his father died on Saturday, August 2, 1997. His second album, ‘From Africa With Fury: Rise’ produced by Brian Eno is set to be released on Tuesday June 21, 2011 by St. Jude Music and Egypt 80 Records with his record label, Knitting Factory Records in New York City holding the copyright.

Seun Kuti on Marriage

NET: Do you mean you do not wish to give in your marriage?

Seun: Sure I want to give, but not just eternally. Being married to a woman without money means giving forever. No, I don’t want to give forever; she should be giving generously big too. (Laughs)

NET: So what happens if you marry someone like Oprah and she goes broke before two years?

Seun: I would have divorced her before she goes broke. I would know the money is finishing, that is how smart I am.

http://www.thenetng.com/2011/06/06/exclusive-i-want-to-marry-oprah-or-the-queen-seun-anikulapo-kuti/

Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Nobody: 2:43am On Jun 09, 2011
hahhahahahahhaha oh God! A man gold digger.
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by mamagee3(f): 2:44am On Jun 09, 2011
Yeah, he can keep dreaming. . .

First, Oprah has given up on marriage, second the queen can never ever marry a black man talk more of an African. . .

I wonder why this poster even took his comment very serious. grin grin
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 09, 2011
mama-gee:

First, Oprah has given up on marriage, second the queen can never ever marry a black man talk more of an African. . .

[/color]
ROFLMAOH!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 09, 2011
rokiatu:

ROKIATU!

WORLD CLASS BEAUTY! DOWN TO EARTH AND NATUREAL!

THE ONLY BEAUTIFUL GIRL ON NAIRALAND [MY OPINION] kiss kiss kiss kiss

I CHECK YOUR PROFILE TO SEE YOUR PIX ANY TIME I COME ACROSS YOUR POST.

AM ONE OF YOUR VERY SILENT ADMIRER. wink wink wink

[size=4pt]THANK GOD U R NOT IN NIGERIA CAUSE I WOULD AV SPEND MY LAST DIME TO MEET YOU FACE TO FACE – AND YOU WOULD AV SURELY CRASHED MY RELATIONSHIP![/size]
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
greateros:

ROKIATU!

[size=4pt]THANK GOD U R NOT IN NIGERIA CAUSE I WOULD AV SPEND MY LAST DIME TO MEET YOU FACE TO FACE – AND YOU WOULD AV SURELY CRASHED MY RELATIONSHIP![/size]

Wow I am speechless shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm seriously blushing right now. Thanks. I'd hug you if I could through the computer. LOL

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Ekpoma1: 11:53am On Jun 10, 2011
Is a free world.
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by mallorca(m): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2011
rokiatu:

grin
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by klear(f): 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2011
At least he knows wat he wants grin grin most men dnt bt Oprah or d Queen? he may wait 4eva oh  grin he better lower his standards  smiley
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
Lol. Seun is right on the money.

greateros:

ROKIATU!

Awwww, how touching. The object of your affection is thoroughly deserving of it.
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by felifeli: 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2011
LOL grin grin grin
Igbo na bad ting o !
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by emmatok(m): 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2011
ALL of you should know that SEUN is just being SARCASTIC.

rokiatu:

hahhahahahahhaha oh God! A man gold digger.

SEUN is not a gold digger o o o.

Didn't you notice him laughing at his comment.
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by DaDoctor: 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2011
@GREATEROS,

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder anyway,

she is ok anyway,

Hope it is not her exposures that is making you wnat to praise her so you can 'EAT AND RUN'?
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Iranoladun(f): 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2011
@ Post too much Ganja has made Seun to be dreaming of marrying in the league of his Grandmother! undecided
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by MMM2(m): 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
anoda bad guy trying 2 reap where he did sow.

Go and make money and stop dreaming, becos ur dream will never come 2 pass.

Just fantasize.
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by logica(m): 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2011
Sarcasm/cynicism is lost on some people.
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Siga: 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
all these ones wey una dey talk no worry me, na rokiatu be my wahala now, omoge, i dig u o jare, too much swagger
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2011
greateros:

ROKIATU!

All these Internet-Area-Boys-Dreaming-Fucking, abeg face topic and stop looking at profiles, u go soon catch Ghost undecided
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by fd4all234(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2011
@odiaero no mind am, instead make him face topic he dey look beautiful girl , how sure say na that girl get the pic wey dey on her profile
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by 9jarocks(m): 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2011
Seun Baba,

I feel your words, na Underground Spiritual yarns, U've got to be a fan of Afro-beat to understand
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Hardeyorlah(f): 2:03pm On Jun 10, 2011
let him continue dreamin abt it
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 10, 2011
what an ID.T. far departure from fela's intelect.
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by enomakos(m): 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2011
make una let the guy be ,he know what he want
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Akuviv: 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2011
It is just his way of saying he is not interested in getting married. Period.
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by runsgirl: 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
Goodfella
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Pafuri(m): 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2011
Kid don shayo! Lilke father, like son.
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Welder(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2011
Very childish from Seun
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2011
Igbo is too much in this guys brain, Mariwana (India Hemp dey disturb your brain seun, why you dey talk like this)
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by HotieTima(f): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oooohhhh damn she's it hot kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
greateros:

ROKIATU!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by etaurus(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2011
shocked [size=20pt]OLOJU KOKORO[/size]
grin
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Badesh(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2011
The guy (Seun) is just a real man in the sense of it jare. How else can one ask for a good life if not something of this nature?. Women are busy watching and praying for men to die before them so that they can either inherit or appropriate their properties under the guise of marriage. For those of the western world, they don't need you dead before they sink you; all they want is for you to sign a "gaddem" pre-nuptial agreement so that they can nail you alive in the case of alimony or some crap.

Why won't a wealthy woman marry an average guy and cede her wealth to the guy and go on nagging forever?, I think that is more like it.

Seun, well done pure African boi!!!!!
Re: Exclusive: ‘i Want To Marry Oprah Or The Queen’ – Seun Anikulapo-kuti by Roland17(m): 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2011
see the way many of us they yab seun, as though them go say no if oprah fall in love with them, mind you, it does not have to be oprah, it could be any Rich lady in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture: Rapper Vector's Girlfriend, Gbemisola / Lynxx Has Never Been Turned Down By A Lady / Meet South African Twin Sisters Who Married The Same Husband(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.