Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? (21413 Views)

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? / Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Auladimeji(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
techWriter1:
HmmmmRip seyi (22yrs old)Rip bayo. (28yrs old)
Is the boy living at Ijora or
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
smohammed895:
you guys are just saying rubbish. the big question is "what is the work of an army personnel" if you are not ready to go war zone then you don't have passion for the job and don't dear apply. is that clear!!!
There is a different between fighting a war and a suicide mission.
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Ochais(m): 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2021
That is if them see he body put for bag...., Op abeg kill the idea.... I would have be there, but an ex captain, who was initially advising me to join, told me to kill the thought of it... This is a man from Maiduguri
JavaScript90:
young man you want to return in body bag?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by GABRIEL6036: 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2021
I won't say anything concerning the army stuff but my candid advise for you is to seek God's intervention. Did God gave gave you a go ahead? If yes, there is joy in the end but if otherwise wetin eye see for Guerrilla war heeen, you won't live to tell the story.
You are too young to to die for useless war without cause.
Once you die, you are gone forever. Be wise!!!
Also N.B: THERE IS A GREAT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PAINFUL EXIT AND CALL TO GLORY.
Talking from experience. Be wise my young blood brother.
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Superiordave199: 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2021
Johndagr8t:
Hello my people of nairaland, so many of you guys know me here,but really most don't know me when it comes to reality.

There is something bothering my mind and I seriously need advice from wiser people,by the grace of God I will be a graduate next year
(Electrical and Electronic Engineering) in one of the universities in north,but seriously for some times now have been having some deep taughts of how hard life might be after school, because honestly I don't have anybody, no connection nothing nothing.

So recently, a friend of mine whose dad is an army,came to our school then on sighting me he just started calling me GENERAL,at first I was not taking it serious coz I never for once taught of joining army,but the man was damn serious,just today I saw his text msg and in his texts he seriously want me to join on a short service style, he was even assuring me of how easy he was going to make it happen, like am
seriously confuse!!!!

please has anybody gone for the short service training before?

what are the requirements?

NOTE AM 21YRS

so, i needed your advice all because i know there are wiser people here,God bless you all
please contact me I need it badly 08107146466
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2021
Bro from a church mind,I will advise you to go for NAF Dssc or NN Dssc rather than joining NA. NA is infiltrated with political thugs who will kill you at anytime if you don't dance to their tune E.g Lt col Abu Ali was killed by his colleagues because he was a nightmare to BH.
N.B DON'T GIVE ANYBODY MONEY TO HELP YOU SECURE A JOB IN D ARMED FORCES. anybody ,officer that want to help you is free.I got scammed trying to gain admission in NDA by a fake col.be warned
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
AnkaleAnkale:
Bro from a church mind,I will advise you to go for NAF Dssc or NN Dssc rather than joining NA. NA is infiltrated with political thugs who will kill you at anytime if you don't dance to their tune E.g Lt col Abu Ali was killed by his colleagues because he was a nightmare to BH.
N.B DON'T GIVE ANYBODY MONEY TO HELP YOU SECURE A JOB IN D ARMED FORCES. anybody ,officer that want to help you is free.I got scammed trying to gain admission in NDA by a fake col.be warned

ok sir
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
Joysticks:
There is a different between fighting a war and a suicide mission.

that's true
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2021
Superiordave199:
please contact me I need it badly 08107146466

don't be desperate gee, den go scam you
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by damiBJ: 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
GABRIEL6036:

Guerrilla war not Gorillaa war.... Olodo grin

Typo error.
Thanks prof
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
Ochais:
That is if them see he body put for bag...., Op abeg kill the idea.... I would have be there, but an ex captain, who was initially advising me to join, told me to kill the thought of it... This is a man from Maiduguri

uhm!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2021
InoGetJoy:

I quoted him, not you.
I learned web development online, no one thought me and I got started on freelancing on fiverr from a thread here on nairaland. I'm sure he can do same.
Joining the army in the current Nigeria is a foolish idea, especially if you're from the South and West. A friend of mine was shot by terrorists in Zamfara last year and the useless army didn't give him good medical treatment. Gangrene started setting in, the leg started decaying and his people had to borrow money to take him abroad for better medical treatment. If they had left him with the army to treat, Chike would've lost his leg. I wont advise even my enemy to join the Nigerian army

How is chike now??
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by GABRIEL6036: 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
damiBJ:

Typo error.
Thanks prof
Am not prof.
Am Bsc. grin
But am working towards prof.
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by damiBJ: 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
GABRIEL6036:
I won't say anything concerning the army stuff but my candid advise for you is to seek God's intervention. Did God gave gave you a go ahead? If yes, there is joy in the end but if otherwise wetin eye see for Guerrilla war heeen, you won't live to tell the story.
You are too young to to die for useless war without cause.
Once you die, you are gone forever. Be wise!!!
Also N.B: THERE IS A GREAT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PAINFUL EXIT AND CALL TO GLORY.
Talking from experience. Be wise my young blood brother.

Did God gave gave you a go ahead? The prof.
Tell us wetin ur eye see
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by meobizy(f): 10:43pm On Nov 23, 2021
Ask blackbaron why he’s still alive. That one’s army training is trolling Nairaland threads. Na who wan die dey join army.
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Drefaithful(m): 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2021
Adebayoo421:
DSS does not carry gun and be hunting around, u will be employed according to your discipline, meaning u will work in office, and be having military rank,but in d case where condition warrant it to carry gun as camouflage will do that..........for example, if you study medicine in school, they will employ you as a medical doctor with military rank

Is a lie, Direct Short service (DSS) is a 6 months rigorous training at Nigerian Army School of Infantry JAJI, the Cadets are Professional in thier various field of endeavours, such as, Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, Accountants, Imams, Pastors to mention but few.

Upon completion of thier 6 months training, they would be decorated with two stars (LIEUTENANT), although they refer to them as Combat support corps, this does not preclude them from not going to the front, so many of them are in North East now, with thier Riffle in thier units.

Army has envisaged this, that was why they subjected them to Infantry training at NASI.
Please erase the erroneous misconception that they will be in office, few of them might be in office temporarily, in the long run everybody's leg will touch the battle field, either NE or NW. or as thier service might require.

I know of a medical Doctor, he has been going to Maiduguri when he was a Lt. Then he once told us that, he treated Lt Col Abu Ali of a blessed memory, when he sustained some injury in the past in one of thier Area of responsibility, the man is a Major today he has been posted back to NE as we speak now.
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 24, 2021
Johndagr8t:
Hello my people of nairaland, so many of you guys know me here,but really most don't know me when it comes to reality.

There is something bothering my mind and I seriously need advice from wiser people,by the grace of God I will be a graduate next year
(Electrical and Electronic Engineering) in one of the universities in north,but seriously for some times now have been having some deep taughts of how hard life might be after school, because honestly I don't have anybody, no connection nothing nothing.

So recently, a friend of mine whose dad is an army,came to our school then on sighting me he just started calling me GENERAL,at first I was not taking it serious coz I never for once taught of joining army,but the man was damn serious,just today I saw his text msg and in his texts he seriously want me to join on a short service style, he was even assuring me of how easy he was going to make it happen, like am
seriously confuse!!!!

NOTE AM 21YRS

so, i needed your advice all because i know there are wiser people here,God bless you all
Guy abeg giv me dis Sure Connection,
I will appreciate u on dat,
A tryin 2 join through SSC
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Dshocker(m): 6:00am On Nov 24, 2021
Johndagr8t:

seriously confuse!!!!

NOTE AM 21YRS

My brother direct short service will be a blessing upon you and your family... Only when you are to be afraid is when you want to enter as a recruit
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by arantess: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2021
Johndagr8t:

bro am still in first class for now,did you think navy is Better?
If you want to avoid battle abi, yes
However if you indicate interest or selected for special forces training, you will surely see combat....eg Navy SBS
But overall navy is better with your FirstClass brain...
Go in, secure admissions after few years in a reputable university to further your studies and you are good
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by InoGetJoy: 8:11am On Nov 24, 2021
Johndagr8t:

How is chike now??
He's much better now. His wound has almost completely healed. He said he's never coming back to Nigeria again
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by apatheticme(f): 10:02am On Nov 24, 2021
27yo:
My elder brother lasted 3 months

I hope you last longer

Modified:
Yes he was killed barely 3 months after he completed his training.
Bokoharam killed him.
His friend told me after so much persuasion.
Till date, the Nigerian Army has not called to inform my family.
My elder brother practically died for nothing. I'm not even sure he was paid for the 3 months.
After going from one barracks to another here in Lagos, with officers avoiding me like a plague, I was later told to travel to Maidugri for his belongings ( you can imagine sad )
One officer was saying that we should go to the senator from my state to help us get his benefits ( If any angry ) meaning NO STRUCTURE, NO CLEAR DIRECTION...

This is so sad. Really terrible a nation.

My condolences to you and your family. May God soothe your pains!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 24, 2021
dokyOloye:

You for mention d mumuni wey wan join buhari army naa grin
doky, u Sabi say if elders Wan follow us talk, dem no dey ever go straight to the point, dem go just drop some proverbs give u come tell you say, na half word dem dey tell responsible child say if he Don enter him belle, he go turn full word...(abo oro laun so fun omoluabi

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Federalofficia(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
Thanks boss, but this is previous years own, incase you come about recent one please do let me know
TundeWX:

https://www.nairaland.com/2879148/nigerian-army-ssc-dssc-2016
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by TundeWX: 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Federalofficia:
Thanks boss, but this is previous years own, incase you come about recent one please do let me know
Subsequent years were continued on this same thread..its the most recent
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Federalofficia(m): 3:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
Thanks boss
TundeWX:

Subsequent years were continued on this same thread..its the most recent

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by missjekyll: 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
AkumTemi:
You will be qualified to apply for DSSC as a graduate of Engineering and you will be commissioned a lieutenant upon completion of your six months course. You can apply you will have a good career progression once you are good at your job and loyal to your superiors. Good luck ahead.

Oh shut up. OP, I should really leave you to join the army because you are a terrible person but I ll give you some free advice. Join if you are from the North. Join if you are thick. These are the only 2 criteria.
Re: Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? by Jauntybaba: 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers / 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News / Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.