Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life (4286 Views)

My Tecno Spark 8p Fingerprint Function Completely Disappeared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Yinksy09(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2021
TECNO 8P was officially launched in Nigeria today by 2pm via Facebook live. The spark series by the phone brand is targeted at mostly youths to provide a smooth Android experience. I bought the Spark 8P for a friend of mine last week at the retail price of 77.000 naira from SLOT Computer Village outlet. This review will guide you through the specifications, price and performance.

TECNO Spark 8P Specifications

- 6.6” FHD+ Dot notch screen display, 1080 x 2408 pixels
- Android 11, based on HiOS v7.6.0
- CPU Helio G35 Octa-Core Processor
- 64GB built-in storage with 4GB RAM
- 50MP Triple rear camera
- 8MP front facing camera with dual flash
- Long-lasting Battery
- 4G LTE Connectivity
- Height: 164.51mm
- Width:76.05mm
- Thickness: 8.85mm
- Stereo sound effect
- Soplay Music Mixer
- SUPER BOOST System Optimization
- Network and Connectivity: 2G, 3G, 4G, GPS, WiFi, FM, BT and OTG
- Sensor: G-Sensor, Ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and Side fingerprint unlock sensor

Inside the Box and its Accessories

The box is similar in shape to that of the iPhone 12 box. A t first, i thought the phone came with wireless charging instead of the usual power adapter, that would have been fantastic though. After unboxing, i found out that all the accessories were present in the box and it was nicely packaged. The box is similar to that of the Tecno Spark 8.

- Tecno Spark 8P
- Power adapter
- micro USB 2.0
- 12 + 1 month Warranty card
- Earphone
- Silicon protective case
- User manual
- Ejector pin

PROS:

- Decent battery life
- Iconic design
- Fantastic display with good screen
- Improved rear camera system
- Stereo sound effect

CONS

- Few upgrade compared to the Tecno Spark 7P
- A bit more expensive than expected
- Picture quality taken with the selfie camera is low

This review was done after one week of using the device and hopefully after reading this article, you would know if the Spark 8P is worth the money and if it ticks all the right boxes for your next desired phone.

Design and Build Quality

TECNO Spark 8P is expected to come in four colour options; Turquoise Cyan, Atlantic Blue, iris Purple and Tahiti Gold colours. I bought the Cocoa Gold colour and it is beautiful. The mixture of two different colours makes it iconic. The phone comes with a super shiny and attractive back design which reflects light while facing the sun. Tecno Spark 8P is quite comfortable to use and fits into the hand easily.

Tecno really tried with the back design of the Spark 8P. On one side is the slot for SIM card SIM card featuring two Nano-SIMs and microSD card while the other side has the volume button controls and power button which also serves as the side fingerprint unlock. At the bottom is the speaker grill, microphone, 3.5m audio jack and the micro USB 2.0 port.

Display

Tecno Spark 8P display has a 6.6″ FHD+ Dot notch screen display and 1080 x 2408 pixels resolution for an immersive viewing experience. The smartphone has a punch-hole panel with an 8MP selfie camera.

Camera

The TECNO Spark 8P brings a 50MP triple rear camera system and a punch-hole panel with an 8MP front-facing camera with Led flash light which is very helpful for taking selfies night. The triple rear camera system features a 50MP AI camera sensor, 2MP portrait lens and 0.8MP AI lens for clearer and sharper picture quality. It also features AI beauty 4.0, HDR mode to take clear pictures in places the light is not too good, portrait bokeh, 1080P time-lapse photography which creates a video that shows the movement towards your environment and 120FPS Slow Motion.

Camera Performance of the TECNO Spark 8P

I really liked the overall camera experience on the rear of the Tecno Spark 8P. It is an entry-level flagship and offers a 50MP AI camera sensor which shoot very good photos which was what my friend needed. But the selfie camera needs improvement as picture quality is low and we all need the front facing camera for video calls, group selfie with friends and so on.

TECNO Spark 8P costs just 77,000 naira ($187) which is slightly expensive for an entry level device.

Read more about the view via the source: https://yinksmedia.com/tecno-spark-8p-review-improved-design-and-solid-battery-life/

Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by talk2ekpa(m): 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nice work brother. But that is not USB Type-C Port. It micro USB 2.0.

*Spoiler: If you own Spark 7P, don't you dare waste your money on this Spark 8p. So many downgrades; aside giving us Helio G35 instead of Helio G70 on the 7P (Mind you; Asian model of Spark 8P has Helio G70), the screen also got downgraded from 90Hz to 60Hz. So stay with the Spark 7P, it is 71K currently.

Seriously, I'm tired of Transion's deceitful marketing gimmicks, a gimmick that is succeeding only in Africa because nobody is willing to say anything about it. It been a very long time I post article on Nairaland, but in the coming days, I'll publish an article on here, just for educating purpose; seriously, guys open your eyes!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Wynd44: 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2021
Lol, you guys put helio g35 here in the spark 8t but comfortably forgot to add the chipset in the spark 8

The marketing gimmicks of tecno,infinix and itel just surprises me. Very deceitful set of people

3 Likes

Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Incredible128: 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
talk2ekpa:

*Spoiler: If you own Spark 7P, don't you dare waste your money on this Spark 8p. So many downgrades; aside giving us Helio G35 instead of Helio G70 on the 7P (Mind you; Asian model of Spark 8P has Helio G70), the screen also got downgraded from 90Hz to 60Hz. So stay with the Spark 7P, it is 71K currently.

Seriously, I'm tired of Transion's deceitful marketing gimmicks, a gimmick that is succeeding only in Africa because nobody is willing to say anything about it. It been a very long time I post article on Nairaland, but in the coming days, I'll publish an article on here, just for educating purpose; seriously, guys open your eyes!
seriously, this is pure deceit and evil of transsion; how can something of a lesser quality be sold for a higher price Transsion and all it's sister companies are thieves grin
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Ennyholar: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
I love the design in particular.
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Breastfeed: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
Amazing design and display this phone got.
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by skywalker240(m): 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
talk2ekpa:

please do publish it, and mention my moniker when you do.

Spark 7p comes with a bit better chip, in Helio G70 retailed for 68-74k

Spark 8p with a lower chip, in Helio G35 retailing for 77k

edoairways and breastfeed, whats the definition of deceitfulness? undecided

4 Likes

Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by skywalker240(m): 11:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
Wynd44:
Lol, you guys put helio g35 here in the spark 8t but comfortably forgot to add the chipset in the spark 8

The marketing gimmicks of tecno,infinix and itel just surprises me. Very deceitful set of people
thank God people are getting wiser by the day to see the con artist transsion brand is

if i talk, they will tag me xiaomi marketer,

many of them here are tech illiterates though,

now these same tech illiterates are currently using the spark 7p which is having helio G70 (low midrange chip) which they bought for 69k

and now that the spark 8p is out, these same dumbos would wanna upgrade to the latest, and bam they buy the spark8p (with an entry level budget chip) for 77k

what a downgrade?

what a rip off?

tech illiterates that buys tecno and infinix devices and shun advice, remains the "GREATEST MUGU" but do you wanna know what pains me the most?

they dont even know that they are the greatest mugu.

Pawns in a game that they don't even know is been played

Pathetic cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by edoairways: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2021
skywalker240:

I stand for the truth. Atheistandproud has always been unbiased hence anything he says, I agree with him
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Blastedholligan: 8:17am On Dec 01, 2021
Naira to dollar value has made people not get value for money anymore but this phone is still good.
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Blastedholligan: 8:19am On Dec 01, 2021
Yinksy09:
TECNO 8P was officially launched in Nigeria today by 2pm via Facebook live. The spark series by the phone brand is targeted at mostly youths to provide a smooth Android experience. I bought the Spark 8P for a friend of mine last week at the retail price of 77.000 naira from SLOT Computer Village outlet. This review will guide you through the specifications, price and performance.

- Long-lasting Battery
- 4G LTE Connectivity
- Stereo sound effect
- Soplay Music Mixer
- Sensor: G-Sensor, Ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and Side fingerprint unlock sensor

The box is similar in shape to that of the iPhone 12 box. A t first, i thought the phone came with wireless charging instead of the usual power adapter, that would have been fantastic though. After unboxing, i found out that all the accessories were present in the box and it was nicely packaged. The box is similar to that of the Tecno Spark 8.

- Tecno Spark 8P
- Power adapter
- micro USB 2.0
- Earphone
- User manual
- Ejector pin

PROS:

- Decent battery life
- Iconic design
- Stereo sound effect

CONS

This review was done after one week of using the device and hopefully after reading this article, you would know if the Spark 8P is worth the money and if it ticks all the right boxes for your next desired phone.

Design and Build Quality

TECNO Spark 8P is expected to come in four colour options; Turquoise Cyan, Atlantic Blue, iris Purple and Tahiti Gold colours. I bought the Cocoa Gold colour and it is beautiful. The mixture of two different colours makes it iconic. The phone comes with a super shiny and attractive back design which reflects light while facing the sun. Tecno Spark 8P is quite comfortable to use and fits into the hand easily.

Tecno really tried with the back design of the Spark 8P. On one side is the slot for SIM card SIM card featuring two Nano-SIMs and microSD card while the other side has the volume button controls and power button which also serves as the side fingerprint unlock. At the bottom is the speaker grill, microphone, 3.5m audio jack and the micro USB 2.0 port.

Display

Tecno Spark 8P display has a 6.6″ FHD+ Dot notch screen display and 1080 x 2408 pixels resolution for an immersive viewing experience. The smartphone has a punch-hole panel with an 8MP selfie camera.

Camera

The TECNO Spark 8P brings a 50MP triple rear camera system and a punch-hole panel with an 8MP front-facing camera with Led flash light which is very helpful for taking selfies night. The triple rear camera system features a 50MP AI camera sensor, 2MP portrait lens and 0.8MP AI lens for clearer and sharper picture quality. It also features AI beauty 4.0, HDR mode to take clear pictures in places the light is not too good, portrait bokeh, 1080P time-lapse photography which creates a video that shows the movement towards your environment and 120FPS Slow Motion.

I really liked the overall camera experience on the rear of the Tecno Spark 8P. It is an entry-level flagship and offers a 50MP AI camera sensor which shoot very good photos which was what my friend needed. But the selfie camera needs improvement as picture quality is low and we all need the front facing camera for video calls, group selfie with friends and so on.

TECNO Spark 8P costs just 77,000 naira ($187) which is slightly expensive for an entry level device.

Read more about the view via the source: https://yinksmedia.com/tecno-spark-8p-review-improved-design-and-solid-battery-life/
whats your final verdict?
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Yourfav: 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
Blastedholligan:
Naira to dollar value has made people not get value for money anymore but this phone is still good.
it's worth it sha
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by hoilakes(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
one major problem
Blastedholligan:
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by sureinfo: 7:25am On Dec 09, 2021
Nice design, I love the battery this one carries
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by sureinfo: 7:26am On Dec 09, 2021
Blastedholligan:
yes o, as naira depreciates everything becomes unnecessarily expensive and many people don't understand this.
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Corroro: 9:40am On Dec 09, 2021
great review, amazing design and camera its got.
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Breastfeed: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
skywalker240:

nothing is deceitful there, they have told you the specs of the phone so you already know what you are buying plus many people out there will buy that phone just for the design alone
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by skywalker240(m): 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2021
Breastfeed:
nothing is deceitful there, they have told you the specs of the phone so you already know what you are buying plus many people out there will buy that phone just for the design alone
Self-defense keep quiet sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Freelancerx: 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2021
i like how you dropped the pros and cons
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by paduzman: 7:15am On Dec 10, 2021
Nice device, I think the major upgrade is in the rear cameras
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Cheezzyy: 9:17am On Dec 10, 2021
Spark series are gradually becoming a battery phone
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Sainthia: 8:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
paduzman:
battery too I guess
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by akingbadeomoseb: 7:14am On Dec 14, 2021
The Nigerian model of the Tecno Spark 8P comes with an octa-core Mediatek Helio G35 processor under the hood. The Asian model of the smartphone has a Helio G70 which is a slightly better option than this one.
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by harryodilli19(m): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2021
thats true. Though such a stunning finished phone that comes with a solid mediatek processor. Tecno Spark 8p is a really wonderful launch.
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by iseoluwanimi: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
Nice review... and its also nice that they are considering good camera level for spark series too and still maintaining moderate price range
Yinksy09:

- Long-lasting Battery
- 4G LTE Connectivity
- Stereo sound effect
- Soplay Music Mixer

- Tecno Spark 8P
- Power adapter
- micro USB 2.0
- Earphone
- User manual
- Ejector pin

PROS:

- Decent battery life
- Iconic design
- Stereo sound effect

CONS

Design and Build Quality

Display

Camera

Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by paduzman: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
not really, the spark 7p come with a 5000 mah too, the spark 7 even comes with 6000 mah
Sainthia:
battery too I guess
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by paduzman: 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
wow, okay, so there are two different variants for two locations?
akingbadeomoseb:
The Nigerian model of the Tecno Spark 8P comes with an octa-core Mediatek Helio G35 processor under the hood. The Asian model of the smartphone has a Helio G70 which is a slightly better option than this one.
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Meister(m): 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2021
paduzman:

It has one back camera oga
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by paduzman: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
are you okay? how is that even a point? isnt a 50mp triple back camera an upgrade to a 16mp triple back camera? na wa o.
Meister:

It has one back camera oga

1 Like

Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Corroro: 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2021
fair point,50mp camera from a 16mp camera is really an upgrade
paduzman:
are you okay? how is that even a point? isnt a 50mp triple back camera an upgrade to a 16mp triple back camera? na wa o.
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Sainthia: 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
paduzman:
not really, the spark 7p come with a 5000 mah too, the spark 7 even comes with 6000 mah
spark 7 6000mah keh, when it's not Pova
Re: TECNO Spark 8P Review: Improved Design And Solid Battery Life by Meister(m): 8:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
paduzman:

Spark 7p and 8p both have one back camera, every other things there nah gimmick.

You said "rear cameras" and that's what I tackled.

Na my mistake shaa cause if I had gone through your profile I would have seen you were a marketer anf not bothered replying you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackberry Mep Code Set To Zero / Power Banks / Infinix Hot 2 Will Likely Get 6.0 Marshmallow Update This Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.