Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,897 members, 7,810,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th (3890 Views)

How Silverbird Uyo Bungled Movie Premiere With Failed Generators / Movie Times At Silverbird Lagos, Abuja And Ph / Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by AdamuW: 10:23am On Jun 09, 2011
[img]http://binoandfino.files./2011/06/abuja-launch-flyer-for-upload.jpg[/img]

To mark the Day of the African Child we will be having an Abuja launch and screening of the Bino and Fino Nigerian educational cartoon project. Here are the event details.

'Bino and Fino is a cartoon series about a brother and sister named Bino and Fino who live with their grandparents ‘Mama’ and ‘Papa’ in a modern day city in Africa. Bino and Fino have many adventures where, with the help of their friend Zeena the Magic Butterfly, they discover and learn things about the world.

We will be having the Abuja premiere of the cartoon on Saturday the 18th of June at Silverbird Cinemas in the Silverbird Entertainment Centre. There will be two screenings. They  will take place at Cinema Hall 1. (If demand increases we might switch halls but that will be clearly indicated on the day of the event)

The hall will be open from 12:00pm.

The first screening will be free and will start at 12:30.

The second screening will take place at 1:45 and will not be free. The charges are N1000 for adults and N500 for children.’

It’ll be a nice event for children and parents to attend. For all of you animators based in Abuja it would be a good opportunity to see and critique a local animated production on a big cinema screen.

It’d be good to see you there.

Lagos hang tight we'll be coming to you soon.

Bino and Fino website http://www.binoandfino.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/binoandfino

Blog: http://binoandfino./
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by OKX(m): 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2011
way to go, guys!
Ur clearing d path for a lotta artists.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by Wizardofoz: 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2011
The Yoruba influence cannot be missed

We still run the Media!
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by AdamuW: 1:21pm On Jun 09, 2011
OKX:

way to go, guys!
your clearing d path for a lotta artists.

@OKX Thanks. We're just following in your footsteps and all the other pioneering Nigerian animators out there.

Wizardofoz:

We still run the Media!

@Wizardofoz Hello. Actually this was a nationwide effort which reflects the values of the Bino and Fino Cartoon project. Talent from many corners of the country took part in production.As the creator I want the cartoon to promote togetherness amongst our people and not splits along tribal lines.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by MMM2(m): 1:27pm On Jun 09, 2011
ok
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wizardofoz:

We still run the Media!

we don't need this to degenerate into another tribal battle.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by omega25red(m): 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wizardofoz:

We still run the Media!
This mumu is already claiming something he didn't work on. Stop the trabial seperatist B.S be proud of some dedicated peoples work
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by ak47mann(m): 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2011
POSTER
We want DAUDA THE NYMPHOMANIAC CARTOON at silverbird please he get plenty fans for naija tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by dustydee: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wizardofoz:

We still run the Media!
speak for yourself. Which part did you play in it?
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by jidesp(m): 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2011
nice video
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by omo9ja1(m): 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2011
I have watch it on youtube nice one, but still more to be done smiley
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by popoyeh(m): 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2011
Great. Keep up the good work.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by AdamuW: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
omo9ja1:

I have watch it on youtube nice one, but still more to be done smiley

@omo9ja1 Thank you. We have improved things since the youtube episode. But of course you can always keep improving. If you look at the first episode of the Simpsons or Sesame Street they are totally different to what we see now.

popoyeh:

Great. Keep up the good work.
@popoyeh Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by zPixel(m): 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
Will definitely be there smiley
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by Roland17(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2011
[The Yoruba influence cannot be missed

We still run the Media!]

you are long overdue for medical Checkup,
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by MeandSum: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wizardofoz:

We still run the Media!
F you very much you zealot! I wonder who the "we" are.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by Amhatu(m): 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2011
@AdamuW

Congratulations AdamuW !  I hope this will inspire more cg artist in Nigeria.

Hope I can get my on (2d-3d) flick in the Cinema soon.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by EzeCanada: 1:49am On Jun 10, 2011
Good job. bold statement. well done
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by AdamuW: 11:26am On Jun 17, 2011
Tomorrow is the day of the screening finally. Hopefully we'll see some of you there.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by idmanzik: 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2011
@AdamuW,

I hope to be there with my lil bro and sis. See you there.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by AdamuW: 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
idmanzik:

@AdamuW,

I hope to be there with my lil bro and sis. See you there.

Nice one. Thanks for supporting. See you tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by idmanzik: 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2011
Just saw the premier of a Naija made cartoon at Silverbird Entertainment Centre Abuja. I must confess that "Bino and Fino" concept is awesome. To Adamu Waziri - the brain behind "Bino and Fino", the sky is your starting point. Oya 9ja pickins make una enjoy our own
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by AdamuW: 10:49am On Jun 20, 2011
idmanzik:

Just saw the premier of a Naija made cartoon at Silverbird Entertainment Centre Abuja. I must confess that "Bino and Fino" concept is awesome. To Adamu Waziri - the brain behind "Bino and Fino", the sky is your starting point. Oya 9ja pickins make una enjoy our own

Many thanks man. I just replied on your other post. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Plenty of work still left to do.
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by AdamuW: 8:38am On Jun 24, 2011
[flash=560,349]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNlPvLoBY9g?version=3&hl=en_GB&rel=0[/flash]
Here's some vedeo footage of the Abuja event. What was important was seeing the children and getting feedback from them, their parents and teachers.
Thanks to those who came down such as @idmanzik .
Re: Nigerian Cartoon Launches At Silverbird: Abuja Saturday 18th by shawonlese: 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2011
@ Bino and Fino,

I like your resolve. There's a large untapped market in cartooning.

I have worked with these guys before in the UK www.kingbee.co.uk

You can see all the markets they serve in various industries with cartoon. That should give you enough inspiratiion. Btw you'll need to sharpen your skills to turn out quality products.

(1) (Reply)

Alone (2015) Opening Day Box Office Business Report / Finally, TSTV Dexterity With Free 20GB Data, 200+ Channels Is Coming Soon / Pls Were Can I Download AIT Current Telenovela Airing 10pm To 11pm On Weekdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.