Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

I Can Read And Understand Spanish And French - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Can Read And Understand Spanish And French (299 Views)

'Money Heist': UNIBEN Accounting Final Year Students In Spanish Series Costume / 95-Year-Old Kenyan Woman Enrolls In School To Learn To Read And Write / Why You May Fail JAMB 2018: Read And Avoid Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Read And Understand Spanish And French by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Good evening all.
I am from Anambra state but residing in Rivers state presently,precisely in Oyigbo LGA.
Am a graduate of Public Administration from UNIZIK,presently waiting for NYSC.
Before and during my school days,I took interest in learning Spanish language in addition to French which I had already begun learning during secondary school days.
I mainly used dictionaries,grammar books to learn and master French that I can read and understand the language.My uncle's wife who is a French teacher at a seminary gave me a dictionary which though small helped me greatly.
But I also made use of her textbooks and bigger dictionaries.

On gaining admission to UNIZIK, I took interest in Spanish language, but what drew me to the language was the songs "La tortura", Ojos asi,Si Te Vas, La Pared all by Colombian Singer,Shakira.
I later in my third year downloaded Spanish learning apps and Google translation app to fully master Spanish.
Meanwhile I also downloaded Offline translator which translates English to Spanish, French,Portuguese, Turkish,Russian.
These apps helped me greatly.
Today,I can read and understand French and Spanish written or spoken.This has made me to so much watching Spanish language Telenovelas,read French language books I pick in the university library.
The thing is I read and understand the languages perfectly,but am not fluent in speaking them.
Maybe because am not exposed to environments speaking any of the languages.
Do I really need to be fluent in speaking them, since am not in any way planning to travel overseas?
Re: I Can Read And Understand Spanish And French by sageb: 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:
Good evening all.
I am from Anambra state but residing in Rivers state presently,precisely in Oyigbo LGA.
Before and during my school days,I took interest in learning Spanish language in addition to French which I had already begun learning during secondary school days.
I mainly used dictionaries,grammar books to learn and master French that I can read and understand the language.My uncle's wife who is a French teacher at a seminary gave me a dictionary which though small helped me greatly.

On gaining admission to UNIZIK, I took interest in Spanish language, but what drew me to the language was the songs "La tortura", Ojos asi,Si Te Vas, La Pared all by Colombian Singer,Shakira.
I later in my third year downloaded Spanish learning apps and Google translation app to fully master Spanish.
Meanwhile I also downloaded Offline translator which translates English to Spanish, French,Portuguese, Turkish,Russian.
Today,I can read and understand French and Spanish written or spoken.This has made me to so much watching Spanish language Telenovelas,read French language books I pick in the university library.
The thing is I read and understand the languages perfectly,but am not fluent in speaking them.
Do I really need to be fluent in speaking them, since am not in any way planning to travel overseas?

That's a great asset for you
If you want to be in an environment where the languages are studied and spoken, come to Catholic Institute of west Africa at First artillery, Port Harcourt. They even offer certificate programmes in German and Latin.

1 Like

Re: I Can Read And Understand Spanish And French by Ynix(m): 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:
Good evening all.

You can use it to toast Spanish babes grin

1 Like

Re: I Can Read And Understand Spanish And French by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:42am On Nov 25, 2021
Ynix:
You can use it to toast Spanish babes grin
Lol! Abi?

1 Like

Re: I Can Read And Understand Spanish And French by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:45am On Nov 25, 2021
sageb:

That's a great asset for you
If you want to be in an environment where the languages are studied and spoken, come to Catholic Institute of west Africa at First artillery, Port Harcourt. They even offer certificate programmes in German and Latin.
Thanks. That would be a wonderful idea.

(1) (Reply)

H / Scholarship Award In Medicine & Surgery For Ebonyi State Indigenes / JAMB Announces Date For 2022 UTME.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.