Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,493 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Blackberry Sucks! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Sucks! (12606 Views)

Nairaland Apk Sucks / How To Restore My Old BBM , The New Version Sucks / Glo Sucks Bigtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Sucks! by peacettw: 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
Ok, i have been using nokia 5800 with no regrets until i was given a blackberry bold 2 as a gift 5 days ago with a month internet subscription. I was so excited but that quickly evaporated when i discovered i can hardly open up my fav pages without been told it was too large for my device, i can't download any file above 6MB cos there's a self imposed download limit in the BB. The battery does not last long no matter how long u've charged it and worse, the internet is not always on 24/7 like they want us to believe. I am so frustrated that i'm currently typing this on my nokia. Pls, phone geeks, what do i do to rectify this cos i don't think i can take this anymore.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by peacettw: 12:47pm On Jun 09, 2011
In case u re wondering, all these while, i've had an 8GB MEMORY CARD in my phone. Pls, how do i address the download limit and the internet pages been too large for my phone
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Lexusgs430: 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
Use your blackberry for only pinging and social networks, and your Nokia for downloads !!!
Everyone knows, the only saving grace for BB, is pinging !!!
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by lekside44(m): 1:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
many network gives a max amount of data per month so donloading on bb is not advisable
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by amasha(f): 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
always weird to see intelligent people follow foolish pple in the bandwagon effect.

ever stopped to think that the exact reason that its so popular is that the majority of users know next to nothing/require very little from their fones beyond calling and the efizy factor of clutching a "reigning" fone?

forget bashing BB. it fully serves purpose for some folks. if u need a proper smartfone, dont go near a BB.
uu shld know better anyway, if truly u tech savvy
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by 702: 8:54am On Jun 10, 2011
@op:
throw away ur bb n go getta android! cool
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by No1Taboo: 8:58am On Jun 10, 2011
peacettw:

Ok, i have been using nokia 5800 with no regrets until i was given a blackberry bold 2 as a gift 5 days ago with a month internet subscription. I was so excited but that quickly evaporated when i discovered i can hardly open up my fav pages without been told it was too large for my device, i can't download any file above 6MB cos there's a self imposed download limit in the BB. The battery does not last long no matter how long u've charged it and worse, the internet is not always on 24/7 like they want us to believe. I am so frustrated that i'm currently typing this on my nokia. Pls, phone geeks, what do i do to rectify this cos i don't think i can take this anymore.

Check the BB well it may be chinko the person gave u as present! cool cool cool
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MariAmara(f): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2011
702:

@op:
throw away your bb n go getta android! cool
I concur!
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by kpolli(m): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2011
i just wonder the kind of pages u open, cos i have used my bb to open diff blogs of diff sizes b4, or maybe its the browser setting

or u simply dont like bbs n complaining too much
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by DICKtator: 9:18am On Jun 10, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked,
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by zenus(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2011
BB is for social networking only not but internet hobiest
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by pepperoni(f): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2011
@peacettw, 'tis like God juz used u to talk to me, i use a nokia 5800 too and i was supposed to get my BB tomoro, it actually took me dis long to get one cos i have been hearing discouraging sturvs lately, so i was taking my time, buh wiv ur post now, ime off it! Thanx alot!

4llerbuntu:

always weird to see intelligent people follow foolish pple in the bandwagon effect.

ever stopped to think that the exact reason that its so popular is that the majority of users know next to nothing/require very little from their fones beyond calling and the efizy factor of clutching a "reigning" fone?

forget bashing BB. it fully serves purpose for some folks. if u need a proper smartfone, dont go near a BB.
uu shld know better anyway, if truly u tech savvy

@4llerbuntu, wow! harsh buh true!!!
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mikeywise(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2011
peacettw:

@PEACETTW, WHAT NETWORK DO U USE? THIS QUESTION IS IMPORTANT B4 I CAN GIVE U MY SUGGESTIOS AND WHAT U CAN DO TO IMPROVE THE BATTERY LIFE.REPLY ASAP
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by SuperT(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2011
The Battery inside may be fake.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by fesse(f): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2011
Android rocks. BB sucksssssssssssssssss
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Abayomin70(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2011
Guy u are very very right but about d battery is a lie may is fake battery dat is there but about d dounload limit is true on my touch u can't download more dan 5mb d fone cal blackberry na useless fone my NOKIA E71 is far beta dan my touch
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by redcliff: 10:22am On Jun 10, 2011
Yea, they do restrict on heavy file dolad but all those have been rectified on their new os 6.0. I dowload full length movies on ma fone when I'm using ma 8gb memory card. Its awesome tho.curve2,bold1, javelin, tour and below does not have the capacity to accomodate 6.0 its from bold2 upwards. Peace.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MrInfo1(m): 10:31am On Jun 10, 2011
i download without limitation on my torch plus battery life is better compared to my EX phone nokia N97 undecided
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MariAmara(f): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2011
I'm just waiting for that moment when all those BB users would realize just how stupid they had been to buy it. Then they would run to get Andriods and iPhones, and realize they are actually too dumb to understand it.
Then they'll have no choice but to go back to Nokia ExpressMusic O.o
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by born2boink(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2011
BAD BERRY again grin
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by TCD: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2011
peacettw:

From your other post I can see you are using Bold2. Your problem is actually a very simple issue. Just wipe the device and load the latest OS6 for your device and you'll be able to download ad infinitum.

Ignorance shlouldn't make people knock down a device if you are a little tech savy and know your way around a BB many people won't be having problems
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by djcrucifix(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2011

i don't know why you are complaining, BB has always been a useless device, you had better switch to an android or windows 7 mobile phone.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by drmoney: 11:10am On Jun 10, 2011
I am not so surprised at your complaints- a lotta folks ssy the same thing.I use a bold 9780 and I have a 16 GB memory card on it. I have more than 20 full lenght movies I downloaded on my fone. I have 5 different seasons of my favourite tv series on my fone. I watch at my convenience. I browse satisfsctorily most times-sernding dis wif ma fone. D BB is one of the good things I av come across. I av more than 100 books on ma fone too. Find out wat d problem is. D blackberry rockssssssss!
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2011
dear, there is nothing wrong with your phone. all you need is a software upgrade. though, i dont fancy BB. i would prefer a nokia or iphone.

todays phone is all about the operating system
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by abohrandy: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2011
[size=16pt]bb is just for pinging and communication wif ur friends.
if u want to download get a laptop or anoda fone!!!!!!!
[/size]
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by citee(m): 11:53am On Jun 10, 2011
The funny thing about open forums such as nairaland is that both those who know and those who don't have a clue exhibit their knowledge or otherwise. For those who do not know, one of the selling points of the BB is its ability to compress data. And this it does very well! No other devise on the market can compress data like the BB. By way of history,when the BB was first conceived, it was meant to be a data transmission devise. It was only later that voice function was added. It is therefore unthinkable that a BB devise cannot open mere 6MB of data, unless as some people have suggested it is a chinese copy. For the avoidance of doubt, i own a BB, an Iphone and a Nokia android, and can therefore say categorically that the BB is tops when it comes to data transmission. The BB is also tops when it comes to encryption. Infact the BB 3DES encryption technology is safer than internet banking. So go ahead and own a BB!
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by 190: 11:53am On Jun 10, 2011
What is BB

Someone pls tell me cos im not Nigerian
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by baslone: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
Yes the BB is so useless it still remains highest selling IT product@ computer village.

What an irony!
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MMM2(m): 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2011
B B means nothing.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2011
Almost everyone is parading around with BB, harassing me for a BB pin. Now I wanna go get one to join the bandwagon but I want to know if I can really watch my favorite BBW & x-movie's there?
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by LongOne1(m): 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2011
Yeah BB’s suck.

Gave me iPhone 4 out last time I was to Naija, replaced it with a BB Torch 9800 when I got back because of the hype in Naija and out of plain curiosity. Couldn’t stand it after 2 days, so went back to my first love, the iPhone 4. Still got d BB, but now use it as my landline, ‘cos it never leaves the house.

There are phones and there are phones, Blackberries are just good for pinging that’s all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

***chat Room By Honsule*** / N70,n72(s60v2 Guru) Ask Any Question / Important Update On Airtel Weekend Plan 1gb Data For N100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.