Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

3 Reasons Why A Woman’s Breast May Produce Milk When She Is Not Pregnant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Reasons Why A Woman’s Breast May Produce Milk When She Is Not Pregnant (218 Views)

I've Not Seen My Period For Almost 7weeks Now, Yet I'm Not Pregnant / I've Missed My Period By 7 Weeks Yet I'm Not Pregnant / My Period Stopped For Over 3 Months, Yet I’m Not Pregnant. Is It Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why A Woman’s Breast May Produce Milk When She Is Not Pregnant by StechiteGistTV: 9:05am On Nov 25, 2021
When a woman produces breast milk, it is known as lactation. It is normal for a woman who has given birth or a pregnant woman, to produce breast milk. There are hormones in a woman’s body, that tells the mammary glands to start producing milk to feed the baby.

It is important to know that it is possible for a woman who has never gotten pregnant, to produce breast milk. The medical condition for this is called, galactorrhea.

This article will look at 3 reasons why a woman’s breast, may produce milk when she is not pregnant. They include the following:

1. A woman may produce breast milk when she is not pregnant, as a result of an increase in a hormone produced by the brain called prolactin. Prolactin is responsible for helping women produce breast milk, after child birth. An increase in this hormone can be caused by medications, tumor and overstimulation of the nipples.

2. Some medications like antidepressant drugs, birth control drugs, blood pressure drugs and antipsychotics can cause a woman to produce breast milk, when she is not pregnant.

3. Medical conditions like kidney disease, chronic stress, damage to the breast tissue and thyroid issues may cause a woman to produce breast milk, when she is not pregnant.
Signs that shows you may be producing breast milk when you are not pregnant

1. When a woman has galactorrhea, she would be producing breast milk from one of both of her breast.

2. She may experience.....

READ FULL ARTICLE VIA LINK BELOW
https://stechitegist.com/3-reasons-why-a-womans-breast-may-produce-milk-when-she-is-not-pregnant/

Re: 3 Reasons Why A Woman’s Breast May Produce Milk When She Is Not Pregnant by modsfucker: 9:29am On Nov 25, 2021
So I fit dey lucky to suck milk for Ekaette's erect nipples huh?

(1) (Reply)

How Stress Affects Fertility? / The NEW Way To Slim Down & Get Rid Of Belly Fat Using A Special Nigerian diet / Has Anyone Noticed The Heat This Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.