Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? (731 Views)

₦656bn Bailout To States: Buhari Is A Caring Leader – BMO / ₦20 Billion Bailout Loan: EFCC Withdraws Case As Kogi Forfeits ₦19.333B / ₦614 Billion Bailout: FG Begins Deducting From States’ Allocations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by helinues: 9:49am On Nov 25, 2021
Each state will get N18.2 billion to help them meet financial obligations and budget support due for repayment.

That's irrespective of those who have been attacking Buhari Like Ortom. If the state governors even after Fg oversighting them are still lazy in generating new income for survival, how can we trust this same state governors when Nigeria is restructured.

I am not saying I am against restructuring, but we need to see seriousness from our state governors.

2023 would decide the fate of all this regional security outfit

1 Like

Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by Buccalcavity2: 6:47am On Nov 26, 2021
helinues:

That's irrespective of those who have been attacking Buhari Like Ortom. If the state governors even after Fg oversighting them are still lazy in generating new income for survival, how can we trust this same state governors when Nigeria is restructured.

I am not saying I am against restructuring, but we need to see seriousness from our state governors.

Very well said. But i still support the restructuring because it will expose those lazy governors more. The difference will be clear.
The issue of IGR still baffles me. Nobody asks you to raise or create fresh taxes. Just collect the one the law already empowers you to collect from the 'shadow economy'. And create enabling environment for private sector to thrive. Do your job, that's all! Yet they won't.

2 Likes

Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by mrvitalis(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2021
helinues:

It's only someone that's not smart that would always look at the fruit of the problem and not the root cause

If benue that's poor today controlled it police it would be peaceful with no herdmen attack , if it's peaceful

People like me in 100s would be able to strike deals with the state on thousands of hectares to farm rice and cassava
Cassava would be use to produce ethanol and high fructose syrups that would be exported and the state can then tax us and get enough money to survive the GDP of the state sky rockets

Oh boy I must be so foolish getting technical with a buhari supporter they are not smart na

4 Likes

Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by joyandfaith: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

It's only someone that's not smart that would always look at the fruit of the problem and not the root cause

If benue that's poor today controlled it police it would be peaceful with no herdmen attack , if it's peaceful

People like me in 100s would be able to strike deals with the state on thousands of hectares to farm rice and cassava
Cassava would be use to produce ethanol and high fructose syrups that would be exported and the state can then tax us and get enough money to survive the GDP of the state sky rockets

Oh boy I must be so foolish getting technical with a buhari supporter they are not smart na

Fixed.
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by JaroMan: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2021
helinues:

1st: you are against restructuring.
2nd: the money is not Buhari's money. It is rather the money domiciled in states. Or is there any state called FG?
3rd: Ortom is in opposition and must not be on same page with Abuja. And it must be his discretion on the manner: destructive or constructive.
So stop being parochial

2 Likes

Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by JaroMan: 7:01am On Nov 26, 2021
Buccalcavity2:

Very well said. But i still support the restructuring because it will expose those lazy governors more. The difference will be clear.
The issue of IGR still baffles me. Nobody asks you to raise or create fresh taxes. Just collect the one the law already empowers you to collect from the 'shadow economy'. And create enabling environment for private sector to thrive. Do your job, that's all! Yet they won't.

You two are pathetic with your "very well said" remark.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by Onogiede(m): 7:18am On Nov 26, 2021
All appreciate southern states where the funds is been raise
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by helinues: 5:26am On Nov 29, 2021
mrvitalis:

I guess Lagos state, Kano, Ebonyi are controlling their police, reason why the governors have been performing than others.

If the governors of the affected states have been responsible enough in tackling insecurities in their respective states, they won't be blaming others

2 Likes

Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by helinues: 5:30am On Nov 29, 2021
JaroMan:

1st: you are against restructuring.

I am not saying I am against restructuring

Stop reading my comments with fixated mindset

2nd: the money is not Buhari's money. It is rather the money domiciled in states. Or is there any state called FG?

No logic in that argument

3rd: Ortom is in opposition and must not be on same page with Abuja. And it must be his discretion on the manner: destructive or constructive.

Ortom is simply a failure like Buhari when it comes to handling insecurity. Simple as ABC
So stop being parochial
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by Ttalk: 5:35am On Nov 29, 2021
helinues:

You don't get it, no pay individual, community or country grow by relying on handout.

The beauty of growth and development comes form work effort and labour. How many of people that inherited parents money are utilising it well.

Think, brother, Nigeria will only develop when each one and region earn what he works for. Any other argument is just time wasting
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by Ttalk: 5:42am On Nov 29, 2021
helinues:

I guess Lagos state, Kano, Ebonyi are controlling their police, reason why the governors have been performing than others.

If the governors of the affected states have been responsible enough in tackling insecurities in their respective states, they won't be blaming others

How come Lagos State could not prevent end sars killing, abi you are one of Lai Mohammed comrades that believe there was no killing?

What about hersdmen killing in Ebonyi, is that a sign of state doing well. How can a state with poor security bevsaid to be doing well. Think
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by helinues: 7:05am On Nov 29, 2021
Ttalk:

How come Lagos State could not prevent end sars killing, abi you are one of Lai Mohammed comrades that believe there was no killing?

What about hersdmen killing in Ebonyi, is that a sign of state doing well. How can a state with poor security bevsaid to be doing well. Think

End SARS protest is not a regular stuffs and Ebonyi still fair in insecurity compared to Imo in same SE , Benue not even in the category Ebonyi would be contesting with cos we are reading Gov Dav's massive projects while Benue headlines have always been full of funeral, attack
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by mrvitalis(m): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2021
helinues:

Lagos is safe ? Abi Kano ? Abi ebonyi ?

There is no point to argue with you abeg don't your argument always reduce my IQ

I don't know why you people are afraid of state police n resources control

1 Like

Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by helinues: 7:39am On Nov 29, 2021
mrvitalis:

Lagos is safe ? Abi Kano ? Abi ebonyi ?

There is no point to argue with you abeg don't your argument always reduce my IQ

I don't know why you people are afraid of state police n resources control

America is so safe that they don't record gun shooting events.

Mr Technical Know How
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by mrvitalis(m): 7:44am On Nov 29, 2021
helinues:

America is so safe that they don't record gun shooting events.

Mr Technical Know How
Now he is comparing America and nigeria
Everyone knows the issue with America is how easy it is to buy gun , the citizens own far more gun than police n army combined ...even with that

when did you hear that a while community was attacked in America ?

When did you hear that attackers are not arrested ?

Why are your kind afraid of state police and resources control even when it's obvious it would go a long way in solving our security situation

1 Like

Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by helinues: 7:50am On Nov 29, 2021
mrvitalis:

Now he is comparing America and nigeria
Everyone knows the issue with America is how easy it is to buy gun , the citizens own far more gun than police n army combined ...even with that

when did you hear that a while community was attacked in America ?

When did you hear that attackers are not arrested ?

Why are your kind afraid of state police and resources control even when it's obvious it would go a long way in solving our security situation

Even though government can only do their best in protecting lives and properties, no where is safe in the world, there are some countries who do not have internal conflicts but still being killed by natural disasters.

Not justifying the incompetency of the current government in tackling the root of the problem, we could only hope to have new president in 2023 with political will to solve the problem.

The solution is simple, restructure the army and air force. That's where the Lacunas are. So many saboteurs in and out of service
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by mrvitalis(m): 8:01am On Nov 29, 2021
helinues:

Even though government can only do their best in protecting lives and properties, no where is safe in the world, there are some countries who do not have internal conflicts but still being killed by natural disasters.

Not justifying the incompetency of the current government in tackling the root of the problem, we could only hope to have new president in 2023 with political will to solve the problem.

The solution is simple, restructure the army and air force. That's where the Lacunas are. So many saboteurs in and out of service
U don't want state police but u want to restructure the army ?
LMAO

Have a nice day boy
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by Ttalk: 8:17am On Nov 29, 2021
helinues:

You opinion doesn't represent that of well meaning Nigeria, seem you are benefitting from the basterdised system, but what about your family, your community and your people, how well have they fared in the unworkable project called Nigeria.

Every Nigerians including those you are trying to defend know that Nigeria can't work with the present system. I'm telling you this because am very dip in it, there's no point trying to defend that to me.

The only reason holding the sick country is few people who are befitting but afraid the would lose out in a level playing ground. But how long will they continue to patch it and accommodate this collateral damage before it gets to them?

Nigeria is stretching her luck too far and some of you guys here pushing this type of narratives would lead the country to it's doom, the calamity which would damage the country beyond repair.

The daily killing going on is enough for sane leadership to do things differently, common Helineous, whatever you are benefitting in this system is not worth the lives of Nigerian being killed daily because the system is not structurally capable to deal with it. No individual, President or change in government will solve that.

Time is running out, you would soon get old with full regret when you see your children being hurt by a bastardised system that should protect them.

If you love this country speak about thing that would make it grow and not base your opinion on personal or self gain, what you temporary gain would still be lost to a bad system, so why not canvass for it's good
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by helinues: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2021
Ttalk:

You opinion doesn't represent well meaning Nigeria, seem you are benefitting from the basterdised system, but what about your family, your community and your people, how well have they fared in the unworkable project called Nigeria.

Every Nigerians including those you are trying to defend know that Nigeria can't work with the present system. I'm telling you this because am very dip in it, there's not point trying to defend that to me.

The only reason holding the sick country is few people who are befitting but afraid the would lose out in a level playing ground.

Nigeria is stretching her luck too far and some of you guys here pushing this type of narratives would lead the country to it's doom, the calamity which would damage the country beyond repair.

The daily killing going on is enough for sane leadership to do things differently, common Helineous whatever you are benefitting in this system is not worth the lives of Nigerian being killed daily because the system is not structurally capable to deal with it. No, individual, President or change in government will solve that. Time is running out, you would soon get old with full regret when you see your children being hurt by a bastardised system that should protect them.
If you love this country speak about thing that would make it grow and not base your opinion on personal or self gain, what you temporary gain would still be lost to a bad system, so why not canvass for it's good

Take note of that
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by Nicetry: 8:30am On Nov 29, 2021
This little brat is too stupid for any reasonable person to be engaged with.. how one not see the important of restructured Nigeria if he is not useless to his family and generation..

Any way na Yoruba man.. two faced fools
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by Ttalk: 8:33am On Nov 29, 2021
helinues:

Take note of that

Let's be reasonable here, no president, individual or change in government can undone what has been done , it is structural and has nothing to do with, Buhari, Jonathan or any other previous or future president.

Now how will the best next president deal with taken over of our assets in coming years when the loan mature and we could not pay back?

How will the government deal with and still grow the economy when the source of its revenue will continue to dwindle?

These things are not something we should even be arguing about because it is clear that Nigeria future under the present system is bleak and full orgy and fearful expectations, your leaders know this, that's why they are taking as much as possible from the cover, thinking that would save them, but will that actually save them,?they too don't think so, it is purely poor mentality
Re: ₦656 Billion Bailout To States: Who Are The People Shouting Restructuring? by DOTian: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2021
helinues:

Typical!
You're not saying you are against restructuring but you're busy arguing vociferously against restructuring!
Why do you guys always speak from both sides of your mouths? And you don't even see anything wrong with that?
So because some state governors mismanaged bail out funds, the issue of restructuring is now wrong?
What about the centralized federal government that has become the citadel of corruption!? Should we abrogate that too?

(1) (Reply)

2023: OUK And Okorocha Are Not The Candidates Of Ndigbo. / Let's Test Might: Osibanjo's Group Reacts To Tinubu's Ambition / BREAKING: Prominent Lagos GAC Member Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.