Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,384 members, 7,822,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Solskjaer Clashed With Carrick Before Man Utd Sack - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Solskjaer Clashed With Carrick Before Man Utd Sack (689 Views)

Carrick To Lead United Against Arsenal Following Rangnick's Work Visa Issues / Emotional Farewell As Ole Gunnar Reveals Next Move Following Man Utd Sack (Pix) / OFFICIAL: Ole Leaves His Role As Man Utd Manager With Carrick As Interim Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solskjaer Clashed With Carrick Before Man Utd Sack by peteregwu(m): 10:58am On Nov 25, 2021
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer clashed with his own coaches over tactical formations, before he was fired at Manchester United, according to the MEN.

The 48-year-old was sacked on Sunday morning, after a 4-1 loss at Watford.

Solskjaer was heavily backed in the summer, with Raphael Varane among the high-profile arrivals in a £40million transfer from Real Madrid.

It was hoped Varane would provide United with the personnel to play an expansive brand of football in a 4-3-3 system.

However, Solskjaer persisted with his beloved 4-2-3-1 for most of the season, before he was forced to adapt a five-man defence.

The Norwegian had no choice but to switch to a conservative set-up after an embarrassing 5-0 defeat by Liverpool at Old Trafford in late October.

Solskjaer started with three central defenders against Tottenham Hotspur, Atalanta and Manchester City. He ended up winning one, drawing one and losing one of those fixtures, while still changing formation mid-game.

But his assistant coaches had been pushing for him to make adjustments long before he did.

Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna had already made up their minds a more defensive approach was needed to stem the flow of goals conceded.

Interim manager Carrick, then a first team coach, and assistant first team coach KcKenna have stayed on despite Solskjaer’s sacking, much to the amazement of many players

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/24/epl-solskjaer-clashed-with-carrick-before-man-utd-sack/
Re: Solskjaer Clashed With Carrick Before Man Utd Sack by KingEverest: 10:59am On Nov 25, 2021
smiley thankgod he`s gone, clueless coach

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Clashed With Carrick Before Man Utd Sack by paulolee(m): 11:54am On Nov 25, 2021
ole is gone...make una allow am rest n move forward.. stop acting like dt childish gee dt cnt get over his ex...
Re: Solskjaer Clashed With Carrick Before Man Utd Sack by Joebayo217: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
Clueless coach I still blame for Villarreal loss(uel).he start all his star players till all d players got exhausted.look at wat carrick do he bench some star player play some to read the first 45min of d game but ole just pack all d players.

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Clashed With Carrick Before Man Utd Sack by peteregwu(m): 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
Joebayo217:
Clueless coach I still blame for Villarreal loss(uel).he start all his star players till all d players got exhausted.look at wat carrick do he bench some star player play some to read the first 45min of d game but ole just pack all d players.

You are right.
Re: Solskjaer Clashed With Carrick Before Man Utd Sack by Great100000: 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
Joebayo217:
That's why I really want us to Give Carrick full time job tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer Clashed With Carrick Before Man Utd Sack by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 26, 2021
Great100000:
That's why I really want us to Give Carrick full time job tongue tongue
I get ur point but I still think carrick needs more learning, DAT e doesn't no, but if he wishes to take the role d expectations are already high having it in mind he performed brilliantly against Villarreal so d pressure might b another factor DAT will affect him cuz he is not DAT experience but maybe just maybe he can overwhelmed d pressure with dis our yeye board in charge

(1) (Reply)

Heung-min Son: South Korea Waited 6mins To Know If They Had Qualified / 20 Days Of 1.30 Odds Rollover With 300h To Make 56,800 / 2 Odds Plus Rollover For 6 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.