Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes (855 Views)

I Have Phobia For Puppies / "My Kinsmen Are Killing My Snakes" - Ebonyi Man Cries Out! / Five Facts You Don't Know About Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 11:55am On Nov 25, 2021
Before i used to be dead scared of serpents until i started educating myself about them, learnt so much about snakes, how to understand their mode of interaction with humans and also how to develop a better bond with snakes.
Also how to conquer your phobia for Snakes, snake bites antivenom treatment incase you get bitten.. The Do's and the Don't..

You can call me a snake girl now...

What are snakes?

First, Snakes are legless, limbless, carnivorous vertebrates belonging to the Class Reptilia and sub order Serpentes. They have varieties of Species. The species could be classified as Venomous and Non venomous.

Snake's Behaviour.

Snakes do not have legs so slither through their body.. Snakes do have five main senses, they can hear, smell, see and and touch..
Snake's smell with a special organ connected on the roof of their mouth. They do not use their nostrils to smell but use to breathe.
They lack ear drums too, so cannot hear sounds but have inner ear structures with cochlea that enables them to hear vibrations only as they slither through the ground alongside with their jaws..
Snakes have poor eyesight and cannot see well but their vision can boost when they feel threatened. They are dichromatic and can only see two lights, blue and green. Mostly do not see well in daytime.

How do Snakes Feed?

Snakes have a small belly and do not eat much. They can like once or twice a week. The younger ones tend to eat more than the older ones. Snakes do not have teeth so they swallow their food wholely. Their mouth is built in such a way that the the jaw is wider than the body so it enables them to open their mouth wide and swallow food wholely without chewing it..

Where do Snakes live?
Snakes mostly live in thick bushes, forests.

Can you keep snakes as pet or form a good bond with snakes?

The answer is No, because snakes do not have good intellectual ability so cannot feel love, emotion or companionship . Snakes do not have good memory and cannot even recognize their owners,
sometimes they use their sense of smell to identify their owners. Snakes are very solitary, shy animals and they hate being cuddled or petted by humans. They will continue seeing humans as a threat and will strike in self defense.. Some snake species can tolerate being petted by humans.

Do snakes enjoy you keeping them in your homes?

The answer is No. You can care for Snakes by providing them with food, water, maybe take them into your home for sometime and return them back to their natural habitat. Your home can never replicate their natural habitat. Even when they enter people's home, they hide in dark places and always try to escape because most snakes cannot survive in homes for a long time due to lack of moisture and food.

What Smells do Snakes Hate?

Some certain smell Snake's hate and it keeps them away from your homes. Snakes hate the smell of ammonia, gas, vinegar, ginger, cinnamon, onion and these smells will always repulse them away from getting into your homes.

How do Snakes enter homes and what attracts them into homes?

They can enter your homes in search of food, moisture, snakes hide in dark corners of your homes to retain moisture. Some certain smell and waste products may attract them into your home, such as smell of fish, insects, rodent, leaf piles.. Watering also attracts Snakes, especially when you water your garden a lot. Also Snakes enter through open holes when they are searching for rodents. Snakes chase rodents a lot and enter through holes, broken pipes while searching or chasing rodents. They can enter your toilets if your pipe is broken under the suckaway..

How and why do snakes strike humans?

When you come across a snake, do not try to kill it but instead you leave it alone and wait for it to slither away. Trying to kill a snake makes it aggressive and it strikes back in self defense and Snakes strike with so much speed. If you leave a snake alone, there are great chances it is not going to hurt you.
Incase you are walking at night, always use a torchlight so you don't step on a snake by mistake because by stepping on it makes it aggressive and it will strike . Also use torchlight at night when entering toilets, darkplaces or bathroom so you don't mistakenly sit or step on a snake..

Venomous and Non Venomous Snake.

Many Snake species are non venomous but can still bite. Venomous snakes species may include Cobra, viper, mambas, adders etc and Non-Venonous snake species may include Python, house snake, Anaconda, green snake etc. The Venomous snake can bite you without releasing venom. Not all Venomous Snakes bite and release venom. The amount of potent venom a snake releases when it bites is what can kill a human if not given medical attention on time. Most snake venom can last like 5- 25 minutes while you seek for immediate medical treatment.

Treatment for Snake bites.

Using Traditional method to treat snake bites can help or make it worse depending on the specie of Snake that bit you . Antivenoms are the best method for treating snake bite and they come in two types; The Monovalent and Polyvalent .. The Monovalent are mostly for Boomslang snake bite and the Polyvalent anti venom is used for treatment of bites from many venomous snake species.

Importance of Snakes.

Snakes serve many importance in the ecosystem as they control pest population, chase rodents away, they maintain the biodiversity of earth and also serve as predator and prey in the ecosystem.

How to overcome your phobia for Snakes?

Snakes will never harm you if you leave them alone, they are more scared of humans than you are to them. Snakes only get aggressive when you try to kill them or step on them or try holding or catching them. Snakes are very shy and solitary animals. They don't know how to feel love or companionship. They have weak memory and cannot remember, they have poor eyesight and mostly use their sense of smell to detect their environment thats why they are always rolling out their tongue to smell.

What Snakes can you Keep as pet?

Some certain non venomous Snakes can tolerate being petted by humans such as the ball python.

Most Venomous snake.

But note; Non venomous snakes can still bite. The most venomous snake species noted till date is the black Mamba and Inland Tiapan. Still, many have survived bites from these venomous snake species when given medical treatment on time.

Longest and largest Snake in the world.

King cobra is recorded to be the longest Snake in the world. Large snakes such as the Anaconda and Pythons mostly kill their preys by constriction.

Contact Snake Catchers or charmers to get rid of snakes in your home.

1 Like

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by KingEverest: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
i hate snakes angry
Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Joeblazeochola(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
to survive a snake, use long stick and strike its head. eat if u can or set on fire. thank me later
Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2021
Joeblazeochola:
to survive a snake, use long stick and strike its head. eat if u can or set on fire. thank me later
we don't support snake killing

2 Likes

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 12:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
Snakes are still scary lol
Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
Beautiful snake

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
Colorss

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
Oh my smiley

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
Better to die in the hands of these beauties smiley smiley smiley

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 6:20am On Nov 26, 2021
smiley
Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Eveezy(m): 7:51am On Nov 26, 2021
Intersexxsherry:
Better to die in the hands of these beauties smiley smiley smiley
I will better face a lion than face them
Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 10:52am On Nov 26, 2021
Eveezy:

I will better face a lion than face them
at least Snake can only bite and kill you with its venom. But lion will devour you and tear you into pieces

1 Like

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Eveezy(m): 11:38am On Nov 26, 2021
Intersexxsherry:
at least Snake can only bite and kill you with its venom. But lion will devour you and tear you into pieces
If I perish let me perish well

1 Like

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Foodqueen(f): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hmmmmm!!

I won't say anything, make I no see snake.
Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 8:41pm On Nov 26, 2021
Foodqueen:
Hmmmmm!!

I won't say anything, make I no see snake.
you can see it from a distance
Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 10:41am On Nov 27, 2021
Beauty

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Intersexxsherry(f): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2021
How can anyone hate something as beautiful as this??

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by AgricMaster: 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
Intersexxsherry:
Before i used to be dead scared of serpents until i started educating myself about them, learnt so much about snakes, how to understand their mode of interaction with humans and also how to develop a better bond with snakes.
Also how to conquer your phobia for Snakes, snake bites antivenom treatment incase you get bitten.. The Do's and the Don't..

You can call me a snake girl now...

What are snakes?

First, Snakes are legless, limbless, carnivorous vertebrates belonging to the Class Reptilia and sub order Serpentes. They have varieties of Species. The species could be classified as Venomous and Non venomous.

Snake's Behaviour.

Snakes do not have legs so slither through their body.. Snakes do have five main senses, they can hear, smell, see and and touch..
Snake's smell with a special organ connected on the roof of their mouth. They do not use their nostrils to smell but use to breathe.
They lack ear drums too, so cannot hear sounds but have inner ear structures with cochlea that enables them to hear vibrations only as they slither through the ground alongside with their jaws..
Snakes have poor eyesight and cannot see well but their vision can boost when they feel threatened. They are dichromatic and can only see two lights, blue and green. Mostly do not see well in daytime.

How do Snakes Feed?

Snakes have a small belly and do not eat much. They can like once or twice a week. The younger ones tend to eat more than the older ones. Snakes do not have teeth so they swallow their food wholely. Their mouth is built in such a way that the the jaw is wider than the body so it enables them to open their mouth wide and swallow food wholely without chewing it..

Where do Snakes live?
Snakes mostly live in thick bushes, forests.

Can you keep snakes as pet or form a good bond with snakes?

The answer is No, because snakes do not have good intellectual ability so cannot feel love, emotion or companionship . Snakes do not have good memory and cannot even recognize their owners,
sometimes they use their sense of smell to identify their owners. Snakes are very solitary, shy animals and they hate being cuddled or petted by humans. They will continue seeing humans as a threat and will strike in self defense.. Some snake species can tolerate being petted by humans.

Do snakes enjoy you keeping them in your homes?

The answer is No. You can care for Snakes by providing them with food, water, maybe take them into your home for sometime and return them back to their natural habitat. Your home can never replicate their natural habitat. Even when they enter people's home, they hide in dark places and always try to escape because most snakes cannot survive in homes for a long time due to lack of moisture and food.

What Smells do Snakes Hate?

Some certain smell Snake's hate and it keeps them away from your homes. Snakes hate the smell of ammonia, gas, vinegar, ginger, cinnamon, onion and these smells will always repulse them away from getting into your homes.

How do Snakes enter homes and what attracts them into homes?

They can enter your homes in search of food, moisture, snakes hide in dark corners of your homes to retain moisture. Some certain smell and waste products may attract them into your home, such as smell of fish, insects, rodent, leaf piles.. Watering also attracts Snakes, especially when you water your garden a lot. Also Snakes enter through open holes when they are searching for rodents. Snakes chase rodents a lot and enter through holes, broken pipes while searching or chasing rodents. They can enter your toilets if your pipe is broken under the suckaway..

How and why do snakes strike humans?

When you come across a snake, do not try to kill it but instead you leave it alone and wait for it to slither away. Trying to kill a snake makes it aggressive and it strikes back in self defense and Snakes strike with so much speed. If you leave a snake alone, there are great chances it is not going to hurt you.
Incase you are walking at night, always use a torchlight so you don't step on a snake by mistake because by stepping on it makes it aggressive and it will strike . Also use torchlight at night when entering toilets, darkplaces or bathroom so you don't mistakenly sit or step on a snake..

Venomous and Non Venomous Snake.

Many Snake species are non venomous but can still bite. Venomous snakes species may include Cobra, viper, mambas, adders etc and Non-Venonous snake species may include Python, house snake, Anaconda, green snake etc. The Venomous snake can bite you without releasing venom. Not all Venomous Snakes bite and release venom. The amount of potent venom a snake releases when it bites is what can kill a human if not given medical attention on time. Most snake venom can last like 5- 25 minutes while you seek for immediate medical treatment.

Treatment for Snake bites.

Using Traditional method to treat snake bites can help or make it worse depending on the specie of Snake that bit you . Antivenoms are the best method for treating snake bite and they come in two types; The Monovalent and Polyvalent .. The Monovalent are mostly for Boomslang snake bite and the Polyvalent anti venom is used for treatment of bites from many venomous snake species.

Importance of Snakes.

Snakes serve many importance in the ecosystem as they control pest population, chase rodents away, they maintain the biodiversity of earth and also serve as predator and prey in the ecosystem.

How to overcome your phobia for Snakes?

Snakes will never harm you if you leave them alone, they are more scared of humans than you are to them. Snakes only get aggressive when you try to kill them or step on them or try holding or catching them. Snakes are very shy and solitary animals. They don't know how to feel love or companionship. They have weak memory and cannot remember, they have poor eyesight and mostly use their sense of smell to detect their environment thats why they are always rolling out their tongue to smell.

What Snakes can you Keep as pet?

Some certain non venomous Snakes can tolerate being petted by humans such as the ball python.

Most Venomous snake.

But note; Non venomous snakes can still bite. The most venomous snake species noted till date is the black Mamba and Inland Tiapan. Still, many have survived bites from these venomous snake species when given medical treatment on time.

Longest and largest Snake in the world.

King cobra is recorded to be the longest Snake in the world. Large snakes such as the Anaconda and Pythons mostly kill their preys by constriction.

Contact Snake Catchers or charmers to get rid of snakes in your home.

nairalanders
make una come see
lala wife
ooooo shocked

1 Like

Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by offset67(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
Intersexxsherry:
How can anyone hate something as beautiful as this??
buy am keep for your house na mumu
Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by Haroldjunior: 4:36am On Nov 30, 2021
I tell you say I wan conquer am? See problem o grin grin grin
Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by delightmilk: 6:44am On Dec 09, 2021
Country Delight Milk is one such organization that makes and conveys milk house to house, guaranteeing the nature of Milk is kept up with, country delight milk review and it isn't blended in with some other dissolvable and corrupted.
Re: Snake Phobia. (how To Conquer It) Understanding All About Snakes by chiagozie29a: 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
okay

(1) (Reply)

Both Sex Solid Pitbull Pups Available In Lagos. / Pure Breed German Shepherd Puppies For Sale / Pure Breed Male Boerboel For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.