Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Country Living–with Style! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Country Living–with Style! (156 Views)

How To Wear A Cow Print Bikini With Style / More Tips On The Management Of People Living With Sickle Cell In Workplaces / Tips On The Management Of People Living With Sickle Cell In Workplaces 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Country Living–with Style! by muskanmuffleit: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
So I’m driving, 45 or so mph, windows down with my music at a comfortably loud level, soaking in the sun as I cruise down the country road.

There’s a few farm houses–some nice, some needing demolition.

Theres a wood working manufacturing company on the side of the road with this huge log out front with a gigantic saw blade (fake of course) seemingly cutting this log in half.

READ MORE

I had to stop.

Walking inside, I was immediately greeted by a 100 pound curious German Shepherd and what was obviously her little buddy by her side.

Slightly terrified, but always optimistic, I reach to pet the two gatekeepers and continue into the shop as if I was supposed to be there.

custom woodworkI found the owner looking overwhelmed by the size of his inbox, hands behind his head, leaning back in his chair.

“Hey” he said, “what can I do for you?”

“Just stopping in to see what it is you guys do here,” I replied.

His face immediately began to glow, as if I was the first human to actually give a damn about his saw mill in the middle of BFE.

He gave me the tour of the their “wood yard”, showing me the biggest saws I had ever seen, a large outdoor dry kiln used to dry the lumber they chop from their own tree farms up north.

They had their hands on every part of the process in millwork manufacturing–from growing the tree in their farm, to designing and cutting the trim to be installed in what I’m assuming are multi-million dollar homes.

So much beauty, trapped on the side of an irrelevant country road.

But he was happy. He was doing what he loved and took pride in his minimal carbon footprint.

The American Dream was alive and well with the owner of this shop, and he was simply glad to share his gifts with a stranger for a day.

I was moved by his passion and knowledge of his craft. Not to mention his connection with the earth and future generations–running a millwork manufacturing center that was almost 100% “green”.

It was this encounter that put my ass-to-seat so to speak, in getting busy with this blog.

There are people out there with certain gifts. You are one of these people, as am I.

Are we not called to make the most of them?

Should we take it upon ourselves to ensure our potential was not given to us in vain?

Read more amazing-catchy names for coaching classes

I like to believe so…

There’s power in it.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has No Financial Source, May Have Empty Pockets / 2005 Toyota Camry For Sale. / With Snakes Being Rampant How Can I Prevent An Enconter With One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.