Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? (752 Views)

AFCON 2023: Super Eagles Progress To Knockout Rounds (Photos) / Champions League: List Of Teams That Made It To The Round Of 16 / Russia 2018 World Cup: Meet The 32 Qualified Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by teegrams(m): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LIST FOR QUALIFIED TEAMS TO KNOCKOUT STAGE.. IS YOUR TEAM HERE?

We're entering the harsh depths of winter, which means it's time to start separating the men from the boys in the Champions League.

With just one round of group games remaining, 11 teams have sealed their passage to the knockout stages in 2022.

But who has qualified, how did they get there and will they be seeded in December's draw? Step right up…

1. Bayern Munich

Seeding: Group E winners

2020 winners Bayern Munich are obviously through to the last 16, it would hardly be a Champions League knockout stages without them.

While top spot is already secure thanks to their 100% winning record, Julian Nagelsmann's side also have the pleasure of being able to eliminate Barcelona if they beat them on matchday six. Tasty.

2. Liverpool

Seeding: Group B winners

Jurgen Klopp admitted that he did not expect to qualify for the last 16 after just four games following Liverpool's double over Atletico Madrid, but here he and his men are.

Like Bayern, the Reds are searching for a seventh Champions League crown.

3. Ajax

Seeding: Group C winners

After a couple of years out of the spotlight following their memorable 2018/19 run, Erik ten Hag's Ajax are back in the Champions League knockouts having won their first four group games - including back-to-back victories over Borussia Dortmund.

4. Juventus

Seeding: Group H, TBD

While Juventus' domestic woes continue and they're facing an uphill battle to qualify for the Champions League next season, they can at least be comforted with the fact they'll still be in this year's competition come February.

Their thrashing at the hands of Chelsea might unnerve them moving forward, however…

5. Manchester United

Seeding: Group F winners

In spite of the crisis that's threatening to get way out of hand at Manchester United, at least they're through to the knockout stages of the Champions League for the first time in three seasons.

For all of his group stage antics, Cristiano Ronaldo is also looking to break a knockout stage duck of his own by advancing past the last 16 stage for the first time in three seasons…

6. Chelsea

Seeding: Group H, TBD

Can anyone stop Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea from being the first team not named Real Madrid to retain the title in the Champions League era? Stay tuned...

7. Inter

Seeding: Group D, TBD

For the first time in ten years, Inter have secured their place in the knockout stages of the Champions League - hooray!

The Nerazzurri can secure top spot with a win at the Santiago Bernabeu on matchday six.

8. Real Madrid

Seeding: Group D, TBD

But hoping to pip Inter to first place is old nemesis Carlo Ancelotti and his Real Madrid side, who have been going from strength to strength in recent weeks with Karim Benzema and Vinicius Jr in the form of their lives.

9. Manchester City

Seeding: Group A winners

Beaten finalists Man City are ready to have another crack at Europe's grandest trophy after topping a group featuring Paris Saint-Germain.

Can Pep Guardiola win his first European Cup in over a decade? God, I'm getting old.

10. Paris Saint-Germain

Seeding: Group A runners-up

While PSG were beaten in their crunch showdown with Man City on matchday five, RB Leipzig's demolition of Club Brugge ensured that the Ligue 1 side had qualification in the bag heading into the last round of group games. Well done, you have Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi.

11. Sporting CP

Seeding: Group C runners up

Props to Sporting Club de Portugal for a) winning their first league title in forever last season and b) knocking Borussia Dortmund out in the Champions League group stages to seal their own path to the knockouts!

JOIN THE WINNING TEAM! FOR SURE FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS AND UPDATES CLICK HERE
===> [url]baboyo.com[/url]

Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by KingEverest: 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
all english teams top there groups sending a clear warning to europe

1 Like

Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by paulolee(m): 3:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
Xavi left d group chat.. only prayer can save barca..

1 Like

Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by teegrams(m): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
paulolee:
Xavi left d group chat..
only prayer can save barca..

Lmao fasting and prayer for one month. Let's wait and see after that, do you think it will work?
Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
teegrams:

10. Paris Saint-Germain
Seeding: Group A runners-up

While PSG were beaten in their crunch showdown with Man City on matchday five, RB Leipzig's demolition of Club Brugge ensured that the Ligue 1 side had qualification in the bag heading into the last round of group games. Well done, you have Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi.

only team that matters here!

1 Like

Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by teegrams(m): 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

only team that matters here!

lmao what of Manchester city?
Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
teegrams:
lmao what of Manchester city?

Man city is an ok team., but still irrelevant here.

1 Like

Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by paulolee(m): 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
teegrams:

Lmao fasting and prayer for one month. Let's wait and see after that, do you think it will work?
even if all d barca fans for Spain fast n pray....it depends on Bayern mood dt week but i dnt see barca still winning DM n d last is a draw which isnt a good result..
even if DM decide to rest players against barca or key players get covid or injury, it would take football miracle for this barca to beat Bayern in Germany....Bayern must score na, a memphis, ansi n de jong wan score Bayern??
till den sha, dm fit pity xavi...

1 Like

Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by paulolee(m): 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:
all english teams top there groups sending a clear warning to europe
yeah.,I noticed same too
but na only city, chelsea n Liverpool go fit put a strong performance n get to d finals..
united na bonus for any serious club in Europe....I for like see PSG vs united o....e get Wetin i wan check

1 Like

Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by KingEverest: 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
paulolee:

yeah.,I noticed same too
but na only city, chelsea n Liverpool go fit put a strong performance n get to d finals..
united na bonus for any serious club in Europe....I for like see PSG vs united o....e get Wetin i wan check
dont write us off yet, remember wat happened 2019

1 Like

Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by Bekermann(m): 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
My team is there!!! Telling FCB. Not the mumu FCB in catalunya oh. But the FCB in Munich

1 Like

Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by teegrams(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
paulolee:

yeah.,I noticed same too

LMAO Another Ronaldo vs Messi? could it be?
Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by paulolee(m): 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:

dont write us off yet, remember wat happened 2019
for sure na...dts football... alot fit change between now n February wen knock outs starts..
can write anybody off in football jus like d way I de believe say barca go win Bayern..
dt united n PSG of 2019 no b same as this na..,this united worst n dis PSG are better
Re: Champions League List For Qualified Teams To Knockout Stage.. Is Your Team Here? by KingEverest: 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
paulolee:

for sure na...dts football... alot fit change between now n February wen knock outs starts..
can write anybody off in football jus like d way I de believe say barca go win Bayern..
dt united n PSG of 2019 no b same as this na..,this united worst n dis PSG are better
Ok I know but don't write us off against Chelsea

(1) (Reply)

Eguavon Is Super Eagles' Problem / Sadio Mane Surprising Transfer To Complete Serge Gnabry Transfer / 3+ Odds Galore On Wa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.