Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,130 members, 7,835,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

What Can You Buy With One Naira? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can You Buy With One Naira? (474 Views)

Femi Adesina: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal One Dollar / Governor Emmanuel: I Am Yet To Receive One Naira From FG To Fight COVID-19 / "I Will Make One Naira Equal To One Dollar" -- PMB [throwback] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can You Buy With One Naira? by VaselineCrew: 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2021
Coming from another thread where people are arguing over the value of one pound, I had to ask the above question.

First off, when was the last time you actually saw one naira?

If you are fortunate to have one naira with you right now, and you go out into town, what can you purchase with it?

Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by KingEverest: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
You'll need a time machine to find and use 1 naira kiss but someone promised us it will be equal to a dollar lol grin biggest scam of the century

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by Deborah98(f): 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
#20 is as good as useless let alone one naira. Aside pure water, Maggi and tom Tom what else can you buy with it. Even #50 sef don dey useless small small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by isaiah4life(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
You can buy someone's destiny with it. E shock you!

They use it to do charm oo! Just the other day, one dude was looking for it and was ready to pay even 10 million to anybody in possession of it.

I was dumbfounded. It was later, someone explained the importance of it to me.

Nairalanders, be careful. The heart of men is wicked ooo!
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by drealcivilceno(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
Nothing!
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by EzegeNdiigbo: 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
Are ya from Nigeria or an alien??

Ya sound like a johnny
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by iamtardey: 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
poverty die in life . sad
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by FreeStuffsNG: 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
drealcivilceno:
Nothing!
Only if the OP is more open minded and allowed his respondents to answer his question. Sometime around this time last year, I know someone who used that same N1 to buy 5 units of a particular stock and later increased the holding to 1 million units which the person later sold for 97K. So every N1 became approximately N5K and N200k became almost N1million naira which the investor moved to another stock which fetched 300% returns along with dividend .

Such opportunities still abound in Nigeria , especially on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. That N1 you don't consider is worth much more than you think by the time you invest and compound it. N1 is nothing to those without any financial literacy or have poor knowledge of value investing.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by GreatTormentor: 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:
You'll need a time machine to find and use 1 naira kiss but someone promised us it will be equal to a dollar lol grin biggest scam of the century
You must be Igbo if I am not mistaken, please help me with the post not title or video where someone promise you one naira to one dollar.
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by KingEverest: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
GreatTormentor:
You must be Igbo if I am not mistaken, please help me with the post not title or video where someone promise you one naira to one dollar.
I'm not from Igbo and I don't have time for zombies
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by WonderManly(m): 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
I dey come...

Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by GreatTormentor: 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:

I'm not from Igbo and I don't have time for zombies
Oooooooooh I see, I understand your frustration, I sympathize with you, it is not your fault your intelligence couldn't process more beyond your noise, but there is room for develop
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by KingEverest: 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
GreatTormentor:
Sorry I'm not igbo, and if you expect me to answer the other request you're on a long tin, I hate wen people deceive themselves

1 Like

Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by Mightyhaiz: 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
Beggar go use am stone you if u drop am for him rubber plate

1 Like

Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by orisa37: 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2021
The question is now irrelevant. The Minimum currency in circulation at the moment is N5. But if one naira is produced, The Banks will manage their charges of interest and commissions accurately and pay as and when due. Also RECESSION AND INFLATION WILL BE PINNED DOWN.
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by orisa37: 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
The question is now irrelevant. The Minimum currency in circulation at the moment is N5. But if one naira is produced, The Banks will manage their charges of interest and commissions accurately and pay as and when due. Also RECESSION AND INFLATION WILL BE PINNED DOWN.

From Orunto27.
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Only if the OP is more open minded and allowed his respondents to answer his question. Sometime around this time last year, I know someone who used that same N1 to buy 5 units of a particular stock and later increased the holding to 1 million units which the person later sold for 97K. So every N1 became approximately N5K and N200k became almost N1million naira which the investor moved to another stock which fetched 300% returns along with dividend .

Such opportunities still abound in Nigeria , especially on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. That N1 you don't consider is worth much more than you think by the time you invest and compound it. N1 is nothing to those without any financial literacy or have poor knowledge of value investing.
better tell people the truth, I have thousands of units in nigeria stock market since 2009 till date nothing
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by drealcivilceno(m): 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know NSE was still a go.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by FreeStuffsNG: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2021
studio14:
better tell people the truth, I have thousands of units in nigeria stock market since 2009 till date nothing
You should tell them your own 'truth'. If you keep this your mindset, then little wonder your stock has been stuck since 2009. The first stock the person bought was FTN and the person moved the fund to Honeywell which appreciated more than 3x and paid dividend of 7k per share. Check Honeywell flour mills today. I only responded to OP's question, not to start a debate.
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
There is a certain tribe that always see bad things in good things

Won ti fi edi se epe funwon
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by omoharry(f): 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
The Legacy of Lai Mohammed.
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by poiZon: 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Did this ur particular friend buy the stock and paid with 1naira?
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by poiZon: 10:17pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

We r talking of what can 1naira buy in Nigeria today, u r giving us lai's version of tales by moonlight.
He bought 5units of stock with 1naira, did he pay with 1naira?
Re: What Can You Buy With One Naira? by tutudesz: 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
VaselineCrew:
Coming from another thread where people are arguing over the value of one pound, I had to ask the above question.

First off, when was the last time you actually saw one naira?

If you are fortunate to have one naira with you right now, and you go out into town, what can you purchase with it?

Slap undecided

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Robbers Shoot Delta State Lawmaker, Izeze At Close Range, Terrorise / Supporters Chant ‘you’re Our Next President’ As Kalu Resumes At Senate (photos) / State Of The Nation: Buhari Has Taken Nigeria To Brink Of Disintegration — Dele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.