Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

The Spirit In Sports Betting - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Spirit In Sports Betting (1291 Views)

FIFA Women's W/Cup: Obi hails Super Falcons' Fighting Spirit In Draw Vs Canada / FG Prohibits Exclusivity Rights In Sports Broadcasting / What If I Told You That Zero Loss Bets Were Possible In Sports Betting! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Spirit In Sports Betting by Intellect16(m): 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
My Life Is Ruined!! And it is only a miracle that can get me through this year.

My Name Is Ireti Oluwaseye Jeremiah, I am 24 years old. I am currently undergoing the National Youth Service Corp. I was introduced to sports betting by a senior brother(Not Biological) in the year 2012. Though I believed if He had not introduced me to betting, someone else would have done that.

Over the years I grew more and more in sports betting, sometimes I won but most times I lost. But what killed me was lack of self discipline. Winning was never enough, I always wanted more, and it is in this wanting more that the spirit of betting kicks in.

I started betting with 1xbet in the year 2018, and I can't but curse the day I came about them. I got involved in their 1xgames, and that is what led to my downfall. When I initially started I was winning, luck was somehow on my side. I was somehow good in this games that I started doing well for my self(Financially). But Greed killed me. I always wanted more, I started opening account for different people and I would fund their first deposit with the hope of getting the 200% first deposit bonus. Most of this I won and some I lost. My winnings became quite much and I think 1xbet Noticed this, so they banned my gaming accounts from participation in Promos; this happened January this year, and that was the first step towards the end of the road.
When I play the games and I am winning, instead of I withdrawing, I always want to win more and most of the times I lost it all. I can't count the amount of times I lost funds close to 50k within minutes. And one thing I noticed is that whenever I loose I start feeling like I could have won more if not for a silly mistake, so I am tempted to deposit again, and most of the times I loose all I deposit again.

In January while I was in Camp in Ebonyi State, I had planned to actually not redeploy and just live out the one year service in Ebonyi state. Looking at my account Balance on the day that was set for the dealing of submission of redeployment forms, I still believed I could do fine in Ebonyi Alone. But believe me you within 30mins during a SAED lecture, I lost 200k to 1xgames (Apple of fortune). I wanted to run mad. This was all that I had relied on to live with in Ebonyi. I had to rush to collect redeployment form and ask for redeployment back to my state. I started making calls to my family back home just to push this redeployment back home. I successfully redeployed and I travelled back to Ogun State. Having no funds with me, I worked my p.p.a to the ministry. No much work to do, so I hardly go to my P.P.A. I started betting again with my allawee and I could remember that the Allawee for the Month of March was gone 30mins after I received the alert.

Now the Spirit Driving all this was that I believed I could win more if I play again. When money finished I resorted to borrowing from Loan Apps. With no sure means of repayment, greed Blinded my eye to see the doom I am driving my self too. I borrowed from so many loans, some I paid back successfully, but most I couldn't pay back.
Now the loan apps are sending messages to all my contact list and I just can't bare it anymore. I have two months left of service but both Allowance for the two months already have a Debt they are to be used for.

I now owe close to 300k to different loan apps. I have deleted my WhatsApp original number.
Almost all my contact list have received a message or two about me being a FRAUD.
12 months NYSC and I don't have 1k naira savings. Nothing to show for that I was receiving 33k monthly.
I dumped all my software engineering knowledge to focus on Betting.
I dumped my Phone repair Job to focus on betting.
Just this evening my elder brother forwarded the message that was sent to his wife's Elder sister about me being a fraud.

The Truth is all this is my fault and I and no one else is to be blamed. Betting has helped some people but u will Genuinely know if it will work for you. I Urge others to discipline themselves and run when the loss becomes too much. Don't be like Jeremiah Oluwaseye, Don't borrow Money to Bet. Don't borrow money without a sure means of repayment.
I Am able to say all this because I have thought about it and there is no way put again. I Urge the mods to move this to Front-page so that people will see this. I Don't know If I will still exist tomorrow.

Don't let GREED end you as it ended me.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit In Sports Betting by Righteousness2(m): 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
If the Lord opens your eyes to see the Spiritual forces behind pool, betting,etc , you will Destroy your phone or cut your hands.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit In Sports Betting by superintendents(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
That thing called bet no be life...oo

but once again your reply weak me..[you have paid them]

grin
Re: The Spirit In Sports Betting by Intellect16(m): 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2021
I just had to say something.
superintendents:
That thing called bet no be life...oo

but once again your reply weak me..[you have paid them]

grin
Re: The Spirit In Sports Betting by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
You can man up, be strong and courageous or beat urself up and cry in one corner either way you are right.

Last Last everybody must die so why worry about little things. Brace up.

Abeg I no be motivational speaker.

Ginger yourself

Talk positive with yourself

Talk to yourself. Its only You vs You
Re: The Spirit In Sports Betting by Intellect16(m): 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2021
Thanks for this Bro.
SkyFlyGang:
You can man up, be strong and courageous or beat urself up and cry in one corner either way you are right.

Last Last everybody must die so why worry about little things. Brace up.

Abeg I no be motivational speaker.

Ginger yourself

Talk positive with yourself

Talk to yourself. Its only You vs You
Re: The Spirit In Sports Betting by Unique9: 1:10am On Nov 26, 2021
May the Lord have mercy on you and shine his light of countenance upon you
I'm glad you realized yourself, it is time to be serious with your Maker!
Gambling is not of God, desist from it because it can kill you before your time and cause you to enter into the place of question!
Say No to Evil Gain: https://www.nairaland.com/5621245/say-no-evil-gain

can I share your testimony?
Re: The Spirit In Sports Betting by lolu2019: 7:29am On Nov 26, 2021
U don't have a reasonable girlfriend. u have suckers around u.u need to be supervise.
Re: The Spirit In Sports Betting by Intellect16(m): 7:39am On Nov 26, 2021
I don't think this is a testimony, this is a sad story.
Unique9:
May the Lord have mercy on you and shine his light of countenance upon you
I'm glad you realized yourself, it is time to be serious with your Maker!
Gambling is not of God, desist from it because it can kill you before your time and cause you to enter into the place of question!
Say No to Evil Gain: https://www.nairaland.com/5621245/say-no-evil-gain

can I share your testimony?
Re: The Spirit In Sports Betting by DispatcherLagos: 8:02am On Nov 26, 2021
To think that betting companies are existing legally in Nigeria is appalling. Know this, you will never be rich from gambling especially sports Betting, if not, the number of betting shops in Lekki will double the number in Iyana ipaja, but the reverse is the case
Re: The Spirit In Sports Betting by Unique9: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2021
can I?
Intellect16:
I don't think this is a testimony, this is a sad story.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help With Pidgin English Soccer Slangs / World Cup (under 20) - M. Ejike Of Nigeria Scores The Equalizer Goal Against Fra / Official; Manutd Unveil Victor Valdez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.