Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant (23909 Views)

China Detects First Human Case Of H3N8 Bird Flu / Two Cases Of Omicron COVID Variant Detected In Nigeria / i.Con: World's First Smart Condom Detects STDs, Rates Men's Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
Godszilla:
This is a big lie.

Covid has already run its course in Nigeria and we have achieved herd "natural" immunity but nobody want to do the study. We will continuously be experiencing mild form of covid here. the question is how did we achieve this with virtually no "vaccination"

If there's no study how do u know herd immunity has been reached?
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by passion007: 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2021
JaceBlaze:

The virus was first detected in China but now we're the ones creating problems for the world? Chai!!

They didn't say a word when UK and India unleashed their deadly mutations on the world (alpha and delta). But because it's now a black country... shocked shocked shocked
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by Originalsly: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2021
TMKsouth:

It would indeed be a shame if SA is playing along with the pharmaceutical industrial complex but I doubt it considering how were put at the back of the queue for vaccine preorders.

We should consider the impact of TB and HIV with the mutations appearing in SA. That's why our lockdowns were so strict because we have an extremely vulnerable population.

SA has no choice.... I believe it's used as the staging area. No doubt... if SA is the ground zero you would expect the first vaccines would be rushed there to contain the virus. If SA had the money... it would not have been at the back of the queue. So is it really about containing the spread?.... or about the money?
Today..... the media is saturated with reports about the SA variant .... same way it was about the Delta variant. But listening carefully ... they know nothing about the variant. This variant maybe more deadly .... believed to be more contagious ..... seems to be more resistant to treatment..... nothing is certain but we don't hear these qualifiers. A new medication is on the way.... the Pharmaceutical Industrial Complex is rolling along.
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2021
JaceBlaze:

So those long lockdowns we endured were not enough? The tests we conducted we not enough still? I think we did the best we could to make sure that this "virus" doesn't spread to a maximum,but if you got an expert advice you want to divulge then you are more than welcome.Maybe we don't know what we doing.

We've done more than anyone else on the continent, including being their spokesperson for global vaccine equity.

Let's be careful debating people with no knowledge of SA and it's leading fight against covid in Africa.

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by passion007: 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
TMKsouth:

They didn't say a word when UK and India unleashed their deadly mutations on the world (alpha and delta). But because it's now a black country... shocked shocked shocked

Has nothing to do with black country or not. This is a public health crisis.

America banned flights from UK and Europe until fairly recently.

UK banned flights from India at the peak of the delta variant crisis.

UK and Europe now banning Southern African countries is the right thing to do in the interest of public health, and if Nigeria was any wiser, we would be doing the same.

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
Originalsly:

SA has no choice.... I believe it's used as the staging area. No doubt... if SA is the ground zero you would expect the first vaccines would be rushed there to contain the virus. If SA had the money... it would not have been at the back of the queue. So is it really about containing the spread?.... or about the money?
Today..... the media is saturated with reports about the SA variant .... same way it was about the Delta variant. But listening carefully ... they know nothing about the variant. This variant maybe more deadly .... believed to be more contagious ..... seems to be more resistant to treatment..... nothing is certain but we don't hear these qualifiers. A new medication is on the way.... the Pharmaceutical Industrial Complex is rolling along.

Come on dude, did u expect SA to outpay Western countries while waiting in the queue?

Yeah, the UK and EU are being too hasty banning Southern African countries less than 24 hours after the announcement of this variant. Nothing's been confirmed yet, it's still all speculation.

Let's hear what the WHO says later.

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
passion007:

Has nothing to do with black country or not. This is a public health crisis.

America banned flights from UK and Europe until fairly recently.

UK banned flights from India at the peak of the delta variant crisis.

UK and Europe now banning Southern African countries is the right thing to do in the interest of public health, and if Nigeria was any wiser, we would be doing the same.

I'm referring to the Nigerian white butt kissing phenomenon. People are criticising SA left, right and centre on this thread with very little info of the drastic measures the country has taken to fight covid.

Definitely getting more criticism than the UK and India got, even though India had a very lax attitude to covid before delta.

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by biggy26: 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Why are they the only ones with a constantly mutating variant?

Is there something about the people there that we don't know? It would be interesting to see their covid infection rates to see how true this news is.
I wonder too. SA has become their laboratory.

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by passion007: 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2021
TMKsouth:

I'm referring to the Nigerian white butt kissing phenomenon. People are criticising SA left, right and centre on this thread with very little info of the drastic measures the country has taken to fight covid.

Definitely getting more criticism than the UK and India got, even though India had a very lax attitude to covid before delta.

Ah right.

I saw your prior posts and agree completely with them.
SA is clearly leading covid research in Africa, while our Nigerian armchair 'scientists' scour the Internet for one conspiracy theory after the other.

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by descartes400: 1:36pm On Nov 26, 2021
passion007:

Right, so you've quickly moved from effectiveness to to rare complications of the covid vaccine. grin

Why would you think anyone would deny there are complications? Even paracetamol causes life threatening liver injury, let alone covid vaccines!

my my guy! you are cherry picking!
have you taken the vaccine yet?
10 years from now, i no go gree cut part of my liver for you to take grow yours because say to lick covid 19 vaccine dey sweet you like trebor peppermint tongue

4 Likes

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
passion007:

Ah right.

I saw your prior posts and agree completely with them.
SA is clearly leading covid research in Africa, while our Nigerian armchair 'scientists' scour the Internet for one conspiracy theory after the other .

LOL! grin Go easy on them.
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by Originalsly: 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
TMKsouth:

Come on dude, did u expect SA to outpay Western countries while waiting in the queue?

Yeah, the UK and EU are being too hasty banning Southern African countries less than 24 hours after the announcement of this variant. Nothing's been confirmed yet, it's still all speculation.

Let's hear.whag the WHO says later.

Didn't expect SA to pay anything. If it really were about containing the spread.... available vaccines should've been rushed down there by the West. The agenda is to allow the virus/fear to spread.... not to have it contained.
Hmmm.... what will WHO say? What do you think?.... I'm almost sure ... back to protocols and lockdowns... more drastic.... and even more isolation of the unvaccinated.

2 Likes

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by JaceBlaze: 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
TMKsouth:

We've done more than anyone else on the continent, including being their spokesperson for global vaccine equity.

Let's be careful debating people with no knowledge of SA and it's leading fight against covid in Africa.

That's why I usually just go for the killshot when I deal with such.It's hard to debate with people who want to push their own narrative at any and all cost regardless of the facts you present to them...like what's the point?

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by SeriouslySense(m): 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2021
They have turned the world into a big lab, they are not sure, or certain, which means, they are certain and they know what they are doing.

South Africa, was meant to be the launch pad, they already knew Africans were resisting initially, remember the time the french scientist suggested testing their drugs first on Africans, then there was a backlash, so they are taking their time with us, they know we are too reliant on them.

We worship them, we have no self-esteem.

I think for Africa, they need to reduce our population and kill as much, or make us infertile, same thing they did to the aboriginals of Australia, and they are taking them to camps, today.

The same thing they did to the Native Americans, they forcibly took their children to education camps, and forced their ideologies on them.

Let me add, they have also reconfigured google, if anyone had been using google for a long time, you will noticed, they have removed a lot of information, now google only shows you only the information that agrees with their agenda, if you want to confirm what i am saying, try another search engine like https://duckduckgo.com/ , you will still find the other type of information, they are hiding from you.
The rich men and powerful elites are now manipulating what data you can find on google, who knows, soon they will extend their manipulation to other search engines, also fact-checking, which has been bought by bill gates, helps to control information.

For instance, when I ask opposing questions on duckduckgo.com, I still find constructive opposing views, but on google, every piece of the information agrees. The game they are playing is very deceptive, I don't think we can see through it, only when the results of the experiments begin to manifest massively, then we will understand how they operate, but it will be too late.

Now I see people fighting their people, over this nonsense, or even insulting others, it's not necessary, you just need to know your history and know where you are going. If you knew who you are, you won't be their agents or give away your power. I rest. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Originalsly:

SA has no choice.... I believe it's used as the staging area. No doubt... if SA is the ground zero you would expect the , first vaccines would be rushed there to contain the virus. If SA had the money... it would not have been at the back of the queue. So is it really about containing the spread?.... or about the money?
To[b]day..... the media is saturated with reports about the SA variant .... same way it was about the Delta variant. But listening carefully ... they know nothing about the variant. This variant maybe more deadly .... believed to be more contagious ..... seems to be more resistant to treatment..... nothing is certain but we don't hear these qualifiers. A new medication is on the way.... the Pharmaceutical Industrial Complex is rolling along[/b].

3 Likes

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by Godszilla: 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2021
Yea i stated there is no proper study why its virtually very mild here.

Its either no covid in africa (Nigeria) which i know there is covid here or maybe we acquired the immunity to it spiritually since there's no study.

anyway see below why the scientist are still baffled and never want to invest in finding out the truth in Africa

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-science-health-pandemics-united-nations-fcf28a83c9352a67e50aa2172eb01a2f

TMKsouth:

If there's no study how do u know herd immunity has been reached?
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by passion007: 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
descartes400:

my my guy! you are cherry picking!
have you taken the vaccine yet?
10 years from now, i no go gree cut part of my liver for you to take grow yours because say to lick covid 19 vaccine dey sweet you like trebor peppermint tongue

Haha I do appreciate your concerns. People fear what they do not understand.
But look more into the technology that created covid vaccines and you'll get over your fears.

Also, just the thought that you would even consider giving part of your liver to anyone at all is gratifying! Many people who hold similar views as you would refuse to even consider a transplant fearing it would make them have incomplete organs in their next life grin grin
So, it would appear you're leaps and bounds ahead of other antivaxxers - well done! grin cheesy
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
JaceBlaze:

That's why I usually just go for the killshot when I deal with such.It's hard to debate with people who want to push their own narrative at any and all cost regardless of the facts you present to them...like what's the point?

Indeed. And they'll turn around and label u a troll for setting the record straight. They live in lalaland, no wonder nothing ever gets solved over there - u can't solve anything based on misinformation (fake news).
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
Originalsly:

Didn't expect SA to pay anything. If it really were about containing the spread.... available vaccines should've been rushed down there by the West. The agenda is to allow the virus/fear to spread.... not to have it contained.
Hmmm.... what will WHO say? What do you think?.... I'm almost sure ... back to protocols and lockdowns... more drastic.... and even more isolation of the unvaccinated.

I can guarantee u there'll be rioting in SA if another hard lockdown is put in place. We're already seeing protests in Europe and rioting in the Netherlands.

2 Likes

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by Burger01(m): 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2021
JaceBlaze:

That would be bad news for refugees from various African countries because lockdown means we gonna have to block them from entering SA grin grin grin
Who cares? Block everyone and everything for the sake of better world... Lockdown that HIV and COVID infested hole cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2021
Originalsly:

We know it would probably be called the NU-variant based on the Greek naming system. They'll declare it a variant of concern, considering new covid numbers in SA were around 250 last week and now sitting at 4000+ (1% to 7% transmissibility rate in just 6 days).

I just pray SA doesn't experience India type outbreak embarassed

As for everything else they will say, I have no idea grin

2 Likes

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by abdullahi45: 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Why are they the only ones with a constantly mutating variant?

Is there something about the people there that we don't know? It would be interesting to see their covid infection rates to see how true this news is.

The reality is that SARS-CoV-2 is a highly mutating RNA virus. It only becomes a problem if a mutation confers better fitness to the virus, such as high transmissibilty, severity of infection or mortality.

Such mutations can also be further stimulated by antiviral utility, climatic conditions, and aggressive number of cases.

2 Likes

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by jaxxy(m): 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
TMKsouth:

SA had one of the world's strictest lockdowns, banned selling of alcohol and cigarettes, put soldiers on the streets and has one of the highest vaccination rates in Africa at 24%. Contrast that with Nigeria that has only vaccinated 1.7% of the population.

So I really don't know what you're talking about.

Did South aftrica close her borders?? How compliant were they with face masks during and after lockdown??

U guys had too many cases even b4 the vaccine came out.
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
jaxxy:

Did South aftrica close her borders?? How compliant were they with face masks during and after lockdown??

U guys had too many cases even b4 the vaccine came out.

The country has done all the right things - from highs of 24,000 daily cases to just under 300 last week. Countries like the UK are back to 40,000+ daily cases - are you similarly interrogating them or will they escape scrutiny because they're a white nation?

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by Originalsly: 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
SeriouslySense:

[b]Let me add, they have also reconfigured google, if anyone had been using google for a long time, you will noticed, they have removed a lot of information, now google only shows you only the information that agrees with their agenda,

100% on point.

On the above .... last year and earlier this year ... I was quoting stats from Google to support my points.... e.g CDC stats that showed 79 000 plus people in the US died of the Flu during flu season... Nov 2018 to March 2019 ... wayyy above the average of 65 000 deaths. It was not a big deal. Stats on any year was available. The definition of a vaccine ... must have part of a virus ... was all there. Went back to Google... the
script has been rewritten .... revised .... to accommodate the agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
jaxxy:
Why are new variants always from South Africa? What are they doing there?

This is the second SA variant, not 19th. India and Brazil also have 2 variants, and Nigeria one.

2 Likes

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by SeriouslySense(m): 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2021
It's dangerous when there is no opposition, or when we don't try to understand the other side of a matter.

And now they want to control what we see, why because humans act based on only what they know, so they can be trained negatively also.

Now, let's imagine, an enemy, that controls what we know, an enemy that already knows our limits, because our limits are also defined by our awareness, how do you level the playing field. When we do not even know the other side, because by knowing the other side, we can know the enemy.

Originalsly:

100% on point.

On the above .... last year and earlier this year ... I was quoting stats from Google to support my points.... e.g CDC stats that showed 79 000 plus people in the US died of the Flu during flu season... Nov 2018 to March 2019 ... wayyy above the average of 65 000 deaths. It was not a big deal. Stats on any year was available. The definition of a vaccine ... must have part of a virus ... was all there. Went back to Google... the
script has been rewritten .... revised .... to accommodate the agenda.
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
zhike:

Indeed South Africa is honest about covid 19 research and statistics, while in Nigeria there is no covid 19 research and statistics (we understand Nigeria is a third world country)

About the punishment from UK, pls note Real South Africans are not bothered . Please remember South Africans don’t like traveling to other countries, they prefer to remain home and build their country

LOL, u stirred the hornets nest grin

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by malcom1X: 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by SeriouslySense(m): 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nothing is really baseless unless we come from a place of arrogance, then we disregard others completely and assume total knowledge.

Total assumption of knowledge is even more dangerous than no awareness.

We should see it, as building together, with compassion. cheesy cheesy cheesy, Your perspective is equally important, or how you see it, likewise the perspective of others are also equally important, harmony is in understanding, not on tablets or scripts or writings.

malcom1X:

Read this

https://www.drrobertyoung.com/post/cdc-withdraws-pcr-testing-protocol-but-not-until-december-31st-2021

When you finish read this.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html
Re: UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant by TMKsouth: 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
jaxxy:

China is over a billion and they contained it properly. It’s not about population bt level of exposure against measures taken. U need to go on full lockdown and get some Nigerian health experts from our ncdc to guide u.

Did u close down whole streets and cities for months like China did undecided Nigeria came nowhere close with all its covid denialism - it only takes an extremely efficient dictatorship to achieve what China did. You don't know what you're talking about, just sit down.

https://time.com/5796425/china-coronavirus-lockdown/

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Guy Has Been Scratching His Underneath For Weeks / How To Distinguish Natural Honey And Artificial Honey / A New Mysterious Illness Hits India, Hundreds Of People Land In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.