Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,419 members, 7,830,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life (1371 Views)

Advise, My Father Sold His House And Moved To The Village Now He Wants To Leave / The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 26, 2021
Please my friend needs a matured advise on what to do as she always feels she's missing out on the harsh realities of life.Well,she's from a privileged background and as such she has little or no experience about the harsh realities of life,right from childhood everything has been so easy as her parents will always make sure she's comfortable wherever she is.Now she's almost through with schooling and she reads on social media where young ladies and men are out there striving and surviving for themselves and display their self made success on social media, this always makes her feel down and not in tune with the happenings of life.So she recently discussed with her dad and her dad already got her a very big space in a highbrow area where she'll be dealing on drugs (pharmaceuticals) and already arranged how they will be supplying her so she can make her own money and feel among those independent young ladies but that's not what she truly wants, she wants to struggle and raise money for herself to start on her own. Recently she's thinking of not going back home after rounding up her schooling, she wants to go out there and hunt for jobs by herself, even if it is a menial job so she can raise money and start something but some of her friends thinks she's going crazy and weird,she's already looking for an apartment to rent but not sure if her dad will allow her to live alone,she's confused. Please advise her without been insultive.I'll be showing her your responses,thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by mikigen(m): 8:04am On Nov 26, 2021
@OP if your friend kw the kind of mission she is trying to embark on eh she go wise by force she better follow her parents plans and save herself from unecessary pressure..

But u wait o who would chose to suffer like this just to prove a point that no one even cares about?

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by KingEverest: 8:15am On Nov 26, 2021
Don't worry don't kill your self she'll learn the hard way, no be this Nigeria we they grin by the time she go look for work, them offer her 20-25k as salary, e no reach to buy cosmetics sef her brain go reset
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 26, 2021
Some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food..

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by thorpido(m): 8:18am On Nov 26, 2021
Gaining some independence is good for her.
Is she planning to go for youth service?If she is, her period of NYSC will help her gain the independence she wants.She can plan on her next move from there.

She will still need some support from her parents.She shouldn't entirely cut herself off.Sufferhead no be child's play.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 26, 2021
thorpido:
Gaining some independence is good for her.
Is she planning to go for youth service?If she is her period if NYSC will help her gain the independence she wants.She can plan on her next move from there.
Yes she will go for youth service which will definitely be influenced so she can be in same location with her family but she's just tired of such lifestyle
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by thorpido(m): 8:24am On Nov 26, 2021
Iyaebe:
Yes she will go on youth service which will definitely be influenced so she can be in same location with her family but she's just tired of such lifestyle
I understand how she feels.I have such a friend who married and relocated abroad so she can gain some independence from her privileged family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by donbachi(m): 8:27am On Nov 26, 2021
Dis life no balance.
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Foodqueen(f): 9:14am On Nov 26, 2021
Op, your friend or your daughter, abi u just wan whine us

Thought you said,u are a grandma

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 26, 2021
Foodqueen:
Op, your friend or your daughter, abi u just wan whine us

Thought you said,u are a grandma
My friend

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 26, 2021
donbachi:
Dis life no balance.
Help her balance it with your advise
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Restroom: 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
She has mental issues if not she should be grateful for coming from such background

Tell her to help others by running the pharmacy herself and employing staff

When she start seeing her employee behavior, she go learn about the otherside
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2021
Restroom:
She has mental issues if not she should be grateful for coming from such background

Tell her to help others by running the pharmacy herself and employing staff

When she start seeing her employee behavior, she go learn about the otherside
It's not mental issues,you won't understand where she's coming from,thorpido understands better
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Restroom: 3:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
Make I laugh

Is she the first to come rich family?

No

Is it her fault that she was born into such family?

See, if she is thinking ,life is too easy for me, and is making constant effort not to accept her situation, and use it to make other people lives easier, then, it is mental.

People set up foundations to use their previledge positions to help other people and change their lives. Go and find out the reasons behind some NGOs and you will understand that your friend is not the first to come from such background.

What a wise person does is to take advantage of her family wealth, set up NGO or charity and dedicate their lives to it.

Your friend has not fully understood herself.If she has, she not be thinking more of using her life to make other people lives easier.

She don't need to tell her father or discuss anything with her family. If she has a passion for something, let her start it, without them knowing...her ability to use her 1 cent to make two cents or help other people lives, will make her understand life.

But if she is discussing things with her father and hope the man, won't support her, it can't happen.

My point still stand, let her use her present situation to make other people lives better and stop fussing about life being so easy.

Else,it means, she has mental issues

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by mdntiri(m): 4:56pm On Nov 26, 2021
I perfectly understand your friend. She should come to Ghana. The best time would have been to come do her university here. she'd learn TONS of stuff, she'd grow, she'd cook on her own, figure out life for herself, meet lots of foreigners, learn to be an adult, do youtube/side hustle all in a SAFE country. Lots of rich Nigerian/foreign students are here and they're thankful for the experience.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Makaveli217(m): 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
Let her be careful as she goes about looking for job, remember the story of that lady that went for an interview but was raped and killed.
I hope she's wise.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Newboss(m): 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
Add paragraphs abeg. This thing dey affect my erection
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Vision101(m): 11:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
I understand her. When a child is over pampered it makes her loose her self-esteem if she is ambitious. Everything she achieves people will attribute it to her privileged background.

Let her discuss with her dad to help her get a job. Immediately she gets a job let her leave the family house and rent apartment and start living independently. Let her explain to the father that she wants to make a name for herself outside the father's achievement.

Alternatively if she has the gift and ability she can go into academics. That is go for postgraduate studies with a view to becoming a lecturer.

Thirdly depending on what she studied she can go for professional certification with a view of serving internship under older professionals and later start her own practice.
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by extol1(m): 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2021
Iyaebe:
Please my friend needs a matured advise on what to do as she always feels she's missing out on the harsh realities of life.Well,she's from a privileged background and as such she has little or no experience about the harsh realities of life,right from childhood everything has been so easy as her parents will always make sure she's comfortable wherever she is.Now she's almost through with schooling and she reads on social media where young ladies and men are out there striving and surviving for themselves and display their self made success on social media, this always makes her feel down and not in tune with the happenings of life.So she recently discussed with her dad and her dad already got her a very big space in a highbrow area where she'll be dealing on drugs (pharmaceuticals) and already arranged how they will be supplying her so she can make her own money and feel among those independent young ladies but that's not what she truly wants, she wants to struggle and raise money for herself to start on her own. Recently she's thinking of not going back home after rounding up her schooling, she wants to go out there and hunt for jobs by herself, even if it is a menial job so she can raise money and start something but some of her friends thinks she's going crazy and weird,she's already looking for an apartment to rent but not sure if her dad will allow her to live alone,she's confused. Please advise her without been insultive.I'll be showing her your responses,thanks.
Please send her number to me, I want to tell her something
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Truvelisback(m): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
There is nothing wrong abt her decision but she should still live with her parents. If she was a man, it would have been advisable for her to get her own house.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by oazeez1991(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
I can see tinz 4rm her point of view. Almost all her life, she has been experiencing things done 4 her which made it comes so easy that she start 2 nurse d feeling of not being independent. Such feelings of not being able 2 do things her own way or understand how it feel 2 independently achieve/attain a feet. She want 2 do things herself and av d inner feelings of satisfaction nd boastfulness that, indeed, I did this all by myself as against d usual push and input 4rm her parent. But she failed 2 realize something which is the fact that, SHE'S BEING LUCKY AND SHOULD BE GRATEFUL 4 IT. D one who coined d phrase, 'DIS LIFE NO BALANCE' got inspired by situation as hers cos d life she is complaining about is what most out there wishes 4.
Most of those she envied by their success stories would choose her kind of life over what they went through 2 attain their success, but life was not just being fair 2 them 4rm start. Never should she forget d fact that, those set (her envees) were coined and conditioned 2 pass through rough path which then shaped them 2 what they now are. Circumstances got them rugged and gave them d zeal 2 push through even though not all that went through such path survive it nor has a success stories 2 tell, but circumstances which try 2 be fair on her own path never got her prepare 4 such life path, and if she try force it, she might break. D rock a weight lifter/body builder would move without feeling workout, should a non weigh lifter dare it, he/she might regret such attempt.

If she still insist on her conviction, it's fine she is about 2 go 4 service, let it be an opportunity 4 her 2 carryout her mission. I'm aware d parent would influence her posting, regardless, wen she get 2 camp, she should pal with her P.O 2 mk sure her posting 2 PPA isn't influence, but let nature tk it cause. So, hopefully they post her 2 a school 2 teach which is likely nd should mk sure 2 stay at Coper's lodge or d house allocated 2 them by her posted place, 4rm there, she can start living on NYSC Allawee while she save as much as she can, d Allawee is a pay 4 her effort, by being prudent wif spendin, she must av been able 2 save sm amount, den after service, let her start her journey 2 hustle things herself wif it. Though, her parent could be sending her money since they have her account, let her act like those money doesn't exist.
So, if she try d path and realize how uneasy it is, biko, mk she turn back grin grin grin. Sufferhead no be 4 evribdy grin.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2021
oazeez1991:
I can see tinz 4rm her point of view. Almost all her life, she has been experiencing things done 4 her which made it comes so easy that she start 2 nurse d feeling of not being independent. Such feelings of not being able 2 do things her own way or understand how it feel 2 independently achieve/attain a feet. She want 2 do things herself and av d inner feelings of satisfaction nd boastfulness that, indeed, I did this all by myself as against d usual push and input 4rm her parent. But she failed 2 realize something which is the fact that, SHE'S BEING LUCKY AND SHOULD BE GRATEFUL 4 IT. D one who coined d phrase, 'DIS LIFE NO BALANCE' got inspired by situation as hers cos d life she is complaining about is what most out there wishes 4.
Most of those she envied by their success stories would choose her kind of life over what they went through 2 attain their success, but life was not just being fair 2 them 4rm start. Never should she forget d fact that, those set (her envees) were coined and conditioned 2 pass through rough path which then shaped them 2 what they now are. Circumstances got them rugged and gave them d zeal 2 push through even though not all that went through such path survive it nor has a success stories 2 tell, but circumstances which try 2 be fair on her own path never got her prepare 4 such life path, and if she try force it, she might break. D rock a weight lifter/body builder would move without feeling workout, should a non weigh lifter dare it, he/she might regret such attempt.

If she still insist on her conviction, it's fine she is about 2 go 4 service, let it be an opportunity 4 her 2 carryout her mission. I'm aware d parent would influence her posting, regardless, wen she get 2 camp, she should pal with her P.O 2 mk sure her posting 2 PPA isn't influence, but let nature tk it cause. So, hopefully they post her 2 a school 2 teach which is likely nd should mk sure 2 stay at Coper's lodge or d house allocated 2 them by her posted place, 4rm there, she can start living on NYSC Allawee while she save as much as she can, d Allawee is a pay 4 her effort, by being prudent wif spendin, she must av been able 2 save sm amount, den after service, let her start her journey 2 hustle things herself wif it. Though, her parent could be sending her money since they have her account, let her act like those money doesn't exist.
So, if she try d path and realize how uneasy it is, biko, mk she turn back grin grin grin. Sufferhead no be 4 evribdy grin.
Nice one and thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by yuping(m): 6:19pm On Nov 27, 2021
Tell her she is not missing anything. Suffer no sweet at all.
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Karleb(m): 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2021
yuping:
Tell her she is not missing anything. Suffer no sweet at all.

I swear down. Make she dey that comfort zone o.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
It won't still change anything. Even if she is able to carried out her plan and she eventually succeeded with it. People will still weigh her achievements by her family background.

In a nutshell, that who she is. She can't change it.

What is even there in suffering?!. We, wey dey there. We are praying that God should liberate us, so that our unborn child won't pass through what we are passing through.
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by jaxxy(m): 2:35am On Nov 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
Yes she will go for youth service which will definitely be influenced so she can be in same location with her family but she's just tired of such lifestyle

She should date a suffer head guy. She will see the reality up close and personal. Shey she wants to see and feel the struggle? Lmao.

I personally think it’s a nice thing to balance ur perspectives on life. Experiencing both affuluent life and the struggle is a rare privilege and advantage.

This is why some parents send their kids abroad to Nigeria to wise up and do a few things by themselves in our harsh environment.

One a serious note.
Let her board bus not Uber oo from ojuelgba to Shita and go and eat hot amala from iya Basira. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by GboyegaD(m): 2:54am On Nov 28, 2021
She should relax herself irrespective of her status. She has her challenges and she should be bothered about how to face them.
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by fineboynl(m): 4:12am On Nov 28, 2021
It's not true she really want to struggle. She just want to live with her decision and live wish. Not under the authority of her parents. She feel she has no decision on her own without family approval. She feel she need to have control over her live.

It's very common with privilege people. They feel they don't have a mind of there own. Everything in life is a privilege. If you suffer on the street it's also a privilege as many others want to claim they suffered to make it. Even davido is forming street boy. But you cannot compared that with 2face or Linda Ikeja
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by Ofunaofu: 7:38am On Nov 28, 2021
Remember having a conversation with a lady from a well to do family, she asked me
What is poverty?
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by MikePhilly(m): 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
Lalasticlala, come and see correct gist here. God go help all of us
Re: Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life by anthonyuncle(m): 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2021
she's simply looking for freedom.

she will get it.
hope she can really afford it

(1) (Reply)

Parents Of This Generation Needs To Wake Up. / He Wants Me Back: Wrong Decision? / Women Marry Just For Children Not Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.