Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:10 AM

I Want Lunch Pack Ideas For Children - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Want Lunch Pack Ideas For Children (3041 Views)

See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Children Going Back To School-what Do You Put In Their Lunch Pack? / Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Lunch Pack Ideas For Children by oada: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have two children in primary and nusery. I want ideas of what lunch i can be packing for them to take to school. I am tired of what i usually pack, rice, spagetti, plantain. its boring now and my children are tired of it.

Anyone with exciting lunch pack ideas for children?

will appreciate responses.
Re: I Want Lunch Pack Ideas For Children by zenatta: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2011
I know how you feel, really, cos was in this palaver years ago, did loads about it
here goes
Frankfurters/ham, cheese & biscuits,
dairy (hope they like sussages, mine did not but I blackmailed),
Tender turkey, dairy slices & biscuits (stole this from a lunch-pack pressie).
potatoes, chips style or boiled, don't forget the ketch-up. do not be frustrated if they don't like some foods at first.
Yam meat-balls rub mashed yam mixed wit minced/mashed meat in flour, dip in egg yolk, fry, deep.
Pan-cakes; must know how to make 'em scrumptious or the children won't eat. do not burn, their mates will laugh at them and label you a bad cook for eternity. I burnt mine.
Puff-puffs. And always try to make these meals balanced.
Fish-fingers and bread. you can make fish-fingers ya self.
Thin bread,  pancake or tortilla style which will fold veggies & CHICKEN, CHICKEN CHICKEN or meat, mashed.(spring-roll style).
Greens, there must be one they like. was blessed mine was kinda vegan from babyhood, prolly all those mashed fruits eaten.
Macaroni & cheese, I hate but baby liked.
sandwiches of course, go wild, how about boiled egg & mayo, we still consume this, me the agbaya!
pea-nut butter, make your own
be creative; make mousa,
Re: I Want Lunch Pack Ideas For Children by zenatta: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2011
continued
sphagetti with Liberian sauce, very attractive. Try white rice and sardine if they like, you must learn to bake BREAD, sussages and meat-pie too, no running away from this.
Spice up beaten egg, roll slice of bread in mixture, fry. Again do not burn, golden brown ok.
My baby, picky, so used aunt Jemima.
Sometimes cereal plus add-ons. Do not add milk until abt to eat.
Re: I Want Lunch Pack Ideas For Children by zenatta: 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2011
bits of chicken, (from left-over), white riçe (left-over), bits of plaintain, sweetcorn, use chicken stock to mix all items. To save you from drudgery and early morning getting-ready-for-school-battle, make Monday's lunch from Sunday's main meal. Make most lunch over-night, hope nepa, oops phcn helps
Can you fry yam, (I wasn't too good), wit the veggie they like, fried in blue-band, tastier. Mine loved a lot of veggies from start.
Always serve meals with fruits they like, like mine, if they are picky-eaters, somethg grabs their attention
try beans in other forms of course, they fall for it all the time.
blend bread, onions and tomatoes, pour in egg, fry. My invention,
Re: I Want Lunch Pack Ideas For Children by zenatta: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2011
Cont'd
Nutritional drinks, I used to gv my baby, (a teen now), kia-Ora, fort-nightly Yazoo, Kool-Aid, no sugar-laden drinks, you can make Sobo and Ginger-beer to taste
there's more. Hope I helped. The trick is variety and re-invention, combos. You won't be bored anymore and the children will have fun.
Re: I Want Lunch Pack Ideas For Children by 1ne: 10:56am On Jul 11, 2011
@Zenatta, Thanks. This would really help. I would be trying some of this over the summer break and see what they like as all 3 have such differing tastes. My 3yr old would rather eat rice with Ketchup!

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Is 5alive Pulpy Orange Worth It? / 'Chicken Republic To Close Locations Temporarily Due To No Chickens' - Osaretin / English Name For This Juicy Nuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.