Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Why Do I Feel Pain During My Period? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do I Feel Pain During My Period? (271 Views)

I've Not Seen My Period For Almost 7weeks Now, Yet I'm Not Pregnant / Pain During Sex / See 8 Reasons Why You Feel Pain, Tenderness And Burning Sensation In Your Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Feel Pain During My Period? by Janetwilson: 11:29am On Nov 26, 2021
During menstruation, it is normal to feel some pain in the lower abdomen, lower back, and upper legs.

This is often known as period pain or menstrual cramps.

The pain occurs because the uterus contracts to remove the lining it no longer needs.

When this happens, prostaglandins, chemicals known to cause pain, are released.

For some women, period pain is mild, but for others, the pain can be more severe.

Nobody really knows why, but it could be that some women have too many prostaglandins and are more sensitive to pain than others.

This can cause the uterus to contract harder, briefly reducing the blood supply to the uterus, causing even more pain.

There is no reason to worry about period pain, all you have to do is learn how to manage it.

(1) (Reply)

This Petrol Attendant Is Wearing A Mask, Look More Closer / How To Loose Belly Fat Fast / My Reaction To An Accident I Had.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.