Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern (15860 Views)

Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S / UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant / Enugu Designates Medical Diagnostic Centre As Isolation Centre (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:34am On Nov 27, 2021
SurvivorM:
Vaccination helps whether you like it or not and it's also protect our elderly and those with low immune system from getting Covid from you.
Just because there is new variant doesn't mean we can't get vaccinated for the old ones.
Stay safe

Thank you but then I fear that with the various mutations going on the vaccines will become ineffective because a lot of stubborn folks have refused to cooperate and beat the virus.
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:36am On Nov 27, 2021
TMANO:
Keep deceiving yourselves, it is no different from the common cold. if people only know what exactly is happening.........

You that knows what is happening tell us na
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Grandmeister(m): 9:46am On Nov 27, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Who told you vaccination was a cure? Why won't there be new variants when there isn't herd immunity and the unvaccinated are spreading it to the vaccinated.

The virus will mutate to a point where the vaccines will become useless because some people have refused to do a basic thing to fight a public health emergency.
And why was there no herd immunity?? Is it not because of the unprecedented fear mongering and media diversionary tactics that caused it? How can you get herd immunity when everyone is locked up in his house? Malaysia, new Zealand and even Australia have over 70% vaccination rate and YET they are recording more cases each day. Why is that?? They said vaccination will make you avoid hospitals but that too isn't the case! Vaccinated people are also landing in the hospitals. You wear a mask, social distance and still get vaccinated and yet you still contact and transmit the virus? Something is definitely not adding up. And remember the vaccine has a disclaimer...the manufacturers are NOT liable to any legal action in the future as a result of the vaccine. Keep that in mind.

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by 2elliot: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2021
Pharmmaqp:

Trash Na the only thing you know..

End time..

South Africa don follow for new world order.. undecided
For them to be technologically advanced to notice mutations and acknowledge a new variant goes a long way to show how dedicated they are to be a developed nation.

But you that don't even know the composition of your mobile screen is judging.

If this is what covenant University can produce.. I'm highly disappointed
See this Bill Gates disciple. Sheeple!
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by 2elliot: 9:55am On Nov 27, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Who told you vaccination was a cure? Why won't there be new variants when there isn't herd immunity and the unvaccinated are spreading it to the vaccinated.

The virus will mutate to a point where the vaccines will become useless because some people have refused to do a basic thing to fight a public health emergency.
Getat! Israel had over 78% vaccination, yet it is one of the worst hit. Herd immunity my foot.

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:58am On Nov 27, 2021
Grandmeister:

And why was there no herd immunity?? Is it not because of the unprecedented fear mongering and media diversionary tactics that caused it? How can you get herd immunity when everyone is locked up in his house? Malaysia, new Zealand and even Australia have over 70% vaccination rate and YET they are recording more cases each day. Why is that?? They said vaccination will make you avoid hospitals but that too isn't the case! Vaccinated people are also landing in the hospitals. You wear a mask, social distance and still get vaccinated and yet you still contact and transmit the virus? Something is definitely not adding up. And remember the vaccine has a disclaimer...the manufacturers are NOT liable to any legal action in the future as a result of the vaccine. Keep that in mind.
Better go back and get informed which new covid cases is New Zealand hitting everyday as at now?the same New Zealand that wants to reopen go tourist cheesy there is no herd immunity because many are refusing to get vaccinated and not because of lockdowns apart from Austria which other nation is having a thought of going into lockdown

Vaccinations reduce the risk of severity and fatalities,stats after stats has shown that it is mostly the unvaccinated in hospitals and on their death beds because less than 3% of the vaccinated end up in hospitals or die doesn't destroy the efficacy of the vaccines,every medicine has side effects but we don't stop taking them,most of us that grew up in Africa our bodies have mutated and gotten use to malaria and haven't died but has it stopped other people from dying of malaria here in Africa despite our own bodies creating natural immunities where we sometimes fall sick and get well?

Israel even has a booster shots for days they didn't even record any death as a result of covid 19 vaccination works stop arguing what you have no statistical facts to back up.
Almost every drug has a disclaimer even the immunizations we give to children come with a disclaimer and you keep taking them it isn't only drug companies that have disclaimers, nairaland has a disclaimer even social media companies have disclaimers you are not a scientist neither are you are epidemiologist, I will rather listen to the experts so say something reasonable please grin

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:59am On Nov 27, 2021
2elliot:
Getat! Israel had over 78% vaccination, yet it is one of the worst hit. Herd immunity my foot.
You get out you liar,how is Isreal the worst hit same Isreal that hasn't recorded a death from covid 19 in days

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by OBA117(m): 10:07am On Nov 27, 2021
They should keep fooling themselves.....these people are really up to something. But God shall have them in derision, and all of their hidden agenda will fall on their heads.
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Krismas(m): 10:18am On Nov 27, 2021
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Krismas(m): 10:27am On Nov 27, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Better go back and get informed which new covid cases is New Zealand hitting everyday as at now?the same New Zealand that wants to reopen go tourist cheesy there is no herd immunity because many are refusing to get vaccinated and not because of lockdowns apart from Austria which other nation is having a thought of going into lockdown

Vaccinations reduce the risk of severity and fatalities,stats after stats has shown that it is mostly the unvaccinated in hospitals and on their death beds because less than 3% of the vaccinated end up in hospitals or die doesn't destroy the efficacy of the vaccines,every medicine has side effects but we don't stop taking them,most of us that grew up in Africa our bodies have mutated and gotten use to malaria and haven't died but has it stopped other people from dying of malaria here in Africa despite our own bodies creating natural immunities where we sometimes fall sick and get well?

Israel even has a booster shots for days they didn't even record any death as a result of covid 19 vaccination works stop arguing what you have no statistical facts to back up.
Almost every drug has a disclaimer even the immunizations we give to children come with a disclaimer and you keep taking them it isn't only drug companies that have disclaimers, nairaland has a disclaimer even social media companies have disclaimers you are not a scientist neither are you are epidemiologist, I will rather listen to the experts so say something reasonable please grin
grin How manage? I have never taken a shot, never bothered about masks, never cared abt distancing grin Never been to the hospital in 20yrs! Covid is fake. No prove vaccine help, variants appear anytime the pharms want dem to. The stats are fake, manipulations of those who want to make us booster dependents like junkies grin

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:29am On Nov 27, 2021
OMICRON?FROM OMICRON TO ELECTRON,UNA DEY TRY PROMO THIS CORONA WEY UNA START TO CURB POPULATIONundecided
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by fowlyansh181(m): 10:33am On Nov 27, 2021
The only Omicron I know is Lrrrr from the planet Omicron persei 8..
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Krismas(m): 10:33am On Nov 27, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Thank you but then I fear that with the various mutations going on the vaccines will become ineffective because a lot of stubborn folks have refused to cooperate and beat the virus.
grin Which other vaccines have worked in this way of Covid vaccine ever in the history of this world? That everybody must take before it will work? Wot stupidity is dis? Are u guys blind or something? This is standing science on its head! Covid vaccine is fast becoming voodoo
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Godwritten: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2021
2) In a vision, I do not see the current
president of the United States holding
power for a long time. His tenure will be
short and another will take his place..
Those who understand, will understand.
3) In the spirit, I see another virus
coming after the corona virus. By the
year 2021, corona virus will have left the
face of the earth. But another will be
introduced. This will be more deadly
than corona, albeit looking similar to it.
It will make corona look like a child's
play, and will baffle the scientific world.
The world economy will be crumpled
further. Most notably the United states.
It's main victims will be men and
children.

The prophecies by a prophet of God on this forum with the moniker- thenoble007- are speedly coming to fulfilment with precision.

I respect this office!

2 Likes

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2021
Krismas:
grin How manage? I have never taken a shot, never bothered about masks, never cared abt distancing grin Never been to the hospital in 20yrs! Covid is fake. No prove vaccine help, variants appear anytime the pharms want dem to. The stats are fake, manipulations of those who want to make us booster dependents like junkies grin
You are a clown if you believe this better seek for a job at the circus.
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:44am On Nov 27, 2021
Krismas:
grin Which other vaccines have worked in this way of Covid vaccine ever in the history of this world? That everybody must take before it will work? Wot stupidity is dis? Are u guys blind or something? This is standing science on its head! Covid vaccine is fast becoming voodoo
You seem to be oblivious of the world public health emergency
It seems such word doesn't exist in your dictionary and the world has become a global village hence it is affecting nearly all countries and territories on earth.
I pray God gives you a brain to think critically because you are not sound as it is now
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Righteousness2(m): 10:56am On Nov 27, 2021
SKYHIGHfx:

U must be vaccinated...

Of Course!
I Have been Vaccinated long time ago.
I am Vaccinated in the Blood of JESUS CHRIST.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Rtk5: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

The virus keeps mutating because people refuse to get vaccinated and contain the spread.

I think the mods should stop bringing covid related topics to front page because the comments of some people here is quite embarrassing.
You're right my dear.... Many if them comment like infants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by meobizy(f): 11:26am On Nov 27, 2021
So far our God-given heat and humidity exist I won’t fear any variant of the Coronavirus. I took my vaccine recently so I can go around Nairaland calling the situation a scamdemic. The wise few are doing the same. Let stupid members who refuse to take the vaccine wipe themselves out. E no concern me, at least we’ll have less idiots to share oxygen with. It’s funny how a pandemic has made white people aware of the fact that ventilating your homes increases immunity.
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Krismas(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

You seem to be oblivious of the world public health emergency
It seems such word doesn't exist in your dictionary and the world has become a global village hence it is affecting nearly all countries and territories on earth.
I pray God gives you a brain to think critically because you are not sound as it is now
grin U are huge joke grin A brainwashed Vaxxer grin Continue to spread lies. U have governments behind u

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Krismas(m): 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

You are a clown if you believe this better seek for a job at the circus.
grin Now let me entertain u. Go buy a face mask in front of any bank, put the mask in a bowl and pour hot boiling water on it grin U will see creatures crawl out of the masks. This experiment will change ur view 4ever. Every thing formal u hearing on Covid is falsehood, comply at ur own risk

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Omicron007: 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
shocked

My moniker is now a covid variant.

The WHO did not even ask for my permission before adopting the name!

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Ezyp(m): 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
Xi comes before omicron...why skip Xi
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Ezyp(m): 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
yahmohy27:

Just cos you have taken it everyone must take it
That is one thing common among those vaccinated people. They like to force others to take it just because they took it.

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
Krismas:
grin U are huge joke grin A brainwashed Vaxxer grin Continue to spread lies. U have governments behind u
Stop talking abeg,you are beginning to embarrass your education that's if you have any.

undecided
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Geesaintagape: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2021
Another scam project
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by shomutuski(m): 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
lomprico:
make una continue dey deelop new strains, na una e go kill finish.

It's a plandemic bro. Coming together of big pharma companies to make money and world goverment to gain control.

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Damilaredrey24(m): 4:22pm On Nov 27, 2021
They should just tell us Covid 19 Pro Max grin which one is Variant and macron grin

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by panpan(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
It is difficult to trust the WHO these days.
In English, the only one-word anagram of omicron is "moronic".

Is the WHO asking people to be "very foolish or stupid" by being concerned about this so-called variant?

Nigeria has had one of the best outcomes to this covid issue.
We should continue to do what we are doing - "nothing".

1 Like

Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Captain9ja(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
It's not about the VIRUS, it's about the VACCINE!
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by planetx: 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
Krismas:
grin Now let me entertain u. Go buy a face mask in front of any bank, put the mask in a bowl and pour hot boiling water on it grin U will see creatures crawl out of the masks. This experiment will change ur view 4ever. Every thing formal u hearing on Covid is falsehood, comply at ur own risk
Is this real I need to know before conducting the experiment.
Re: WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern by Hkff: 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2021
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

24 Die Of Snake Bites In Gombe / Mother Abandons Four-year-old Sick Girl In Hospital / Where Can I Find A Hospital With Neonatal Intensive Care Unit In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.