Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

US To Restrict Travel From Eight African Nations Over New COVID-19 Concerns - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US To Restrict Travel From Eight African Nations Over New COVID-19 Concerns (613 Views)

Canada To Lift Travel Ban On 10 African Nations, Boost Border Testing For COVID / Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) / Kenyan Says Nigerians Are Operating Like Chinese And Taking Over African Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US To Restrict Travel From Eight African Nations Over New COVID-19 Concerns by wwwihy: 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
US to restrict travel from eight African nations over new COVID-19 concerns

The U.S. will restrict travel from South Africa and seven other African countries starting on Monday in an effort to control the spread of the new omicron variant of COVID-19.

In a statement announced on Friday, the Biden administration said it will restrict travel from Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi.

Senior administration officials said that the policy was implemented out of an abundance of caution in light of the new coronavirus variant.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/africa/583204-us-to-restrict-travel-from-south-africa-and-seven-other-countries
Re: US To Restrict Travel From Eight African Nations Over New COVID-19 Concerns by Baawaa(m): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
Thanks God Nigeria is not in the list
Re: US To Restrict Travel From Eight African Nations Over New COVID-19 Concerns by Ammishaddai: 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
What's killing the US is not Covid , it's stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US To Restrict Travel From Eight African Nations Over New COVID-19 Concerns by wwwihy: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
I know you opened the thread to see Nigeria listed.

You are disappointed right?

More disappointments to come for children of 8
Re: US To Restrict Travel From Eight African Nations Over New COVID-19 Concerns by dasparrow: 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
These countries are all in the Southern part of the African continent. Anyway, the Covid cases in America are climbing again. These African countries should be banning Americans instead from coming into their countries.

2 Likes

Re: US To Restrict Travel From Eight African Nations Over New COVID-19 Concerns by CUMIN: 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2021
Banning when your people refuse to get the vaccine.
Re: US To Restrict Travel From Eight African Nations Over New COVID-19 Concerns by KingEverest: 11:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
Buhari will soon copy grin
Re: US To Restrict Travel From Eight African Nations Over New COVID-19 Concerns by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 26, 2021
I go pain some people say Nigeria no dey on the list

(1) (Reply)

Do People Really Make It With Money From Arab Countries(photo) / As Thousands Flee Ukraine, One Nigerian Lady Is Staying Back To Help Others To S / Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.