Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Factory Fitted AC - what does this mean? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Factory Fitted AC - what does this mean? (6133 Views)

Sharp Honda Halla With Factory Fitted Ac Now 250k Cal 07032335446 SOLD!!!! / I Need A Neatly Used Toyota Carina E.factory Fitted Ac / Toyota Rav4 1998 Model For Sale @ N800,000 American Spec With Factory Fitted Ac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Factory Fitted AC - what does this mean? by yrunvus: 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2011
I've noticed that most of the car sellers here on NL lists 'factory fitted ac' as one of the many available options on the vehicle they intend to sell?

It makes no sense whatsoever, unless non-factory ac's do exist in vehicles that I don't know about. 

Or are you trying to distinguish from the non-factory ac in some danfo's, the dashboard fan? Please enlighten me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Factory Fitted AC - what does this mean? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2011
Factory-fitted airconditioner means just that. It was installed when the vehicle was being built on the assembly line.

Non factory-fitted airconditioner means the vehicle left the assembly line without aircon as an option, and had aircon retro-fitted, either by a supplying dealer, or by a technician on behalf of the owner.

1 Like

Re: Factory Fitted AC - what does this mean? by Sicherheit(m): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2011
Some cars that don't come with ACs from the factory. Recently I came across an Chevy Aveo (SV Model) without factory AC, the owner was looking into how to manually have one fitted in. Some people also buy cars in the absolute base model, which means very little car features comes with it. From what I hear though, non-factory fitted AC cars are very rare.

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean Golf 3 Manual With AC Tokunbo@800k(08096577304) / Sale discontinued. / 2001 Nissan Xterra Jeep Price N950k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.