Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix (61689 Views)

Nimet Lists States To Experience Heavy Rainfall In Next Three Days / Car Rally To Airport To Welcome Peter Obi To Port Harcourt (Pix) / Senator Akpabio Chooses Broom Over Umbrella During Rainfall In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by JustforMen: 5:34am On Nov 28, 2021
obynzo:

Bro Gas flaring is not the cause. complete combustion of gas doesn't leave soot. what gas does is to increase the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. The soot is arising from incomplete combustion of hydrocarbons and the chief culprit is the kpo fire or illegal refineries operating in the area.

abeg tell dem ooo
People like perpetrating these lies about flaring.

we all know of the rampant oil bunkery and sale of bunkered kerosine and diesel all over rivers state.

Oil soot is from oil bunkery and illegal refineries.

to solve a problem, you need honesty to identify and define it.

Na kpo fire dey cause all the blacksoot for pitakwa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Jebbigideon(m): 5:36am On Nov 28, 2021
Is part of life that we may experience to make amendments
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by JustforMen: 5:37am On Nov 28, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
Make e kee them there... Ndi 1 Nigeria

ndi biafra full port harcourt ooo

1 Like

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by JustforMen: 5:44am On Nov 28, 2021
BigSarah:

I highlighted earlier legal and illegal exploration.
But what exactly is Your point?
my question to you is do you think legal exploration has no effect on the environment?
if only you know the extent oil and gas companies go to avoid spills and accidents, you won't even factor in what you call legal exploration. And I am not saying that accidents dont happen but it is almost non-existent.

an accident cost millions of dollars and companies can't live with such losses.
plus, they have sophisticated technologies and trained personnel to fix the spills.

our own fellow Niger Delta youths puncture pipelines to siphon the crude and they don't even have the technology to patch up the compromised pipelines.

they carelessly destroy the environment and endanger lives for their own selfish peanuts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by oluwaahmed: 5:57am On Nov 28, 2021
CUMIN:
Illegal oilrefining activities is the real cause of this.

This is cutting the life span of people in that area.

They are giving up good health for profit.

That is what they want you to believe but it's not entirely true. Yes illegal oil refinery contributes to it just like bad car exhaust does too. The real problem is the gas flaring done by multinational oil companies. Kpo-fire alone cannot cause this
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by psalmistkakah(m): 5:58am On Nov 28, 2021
Rain is doing the cleansing, so is normal.. the activities over there such as oil exploration is the cause and thank God for rainful doing the washing.. But the effect might be on the land.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by oluwaahmed: 5:59am On Nov 28, 2021
JustforMen:

if only you know the extent oil and gas companies go to avoid spills and accidents, you won't even factor in what you call legal exploration. And I am not saying that accidents dont happen but it is almost non-existent.

an accident cost millions of dollars and companies can't live with such losses.
plus, they have sophisticated technologies and trained personnel to fix the spills.

our own fellow Niger Delta youths puncture pipelines to siphon the crude and they don't even have the technology to patch up the compromised pipelines.

they carelessly destroy the environment and endanger lives for their own selfish peanuts.

Oga the major cause of that soot covering the entire capital city is gas flaring by multinational oil companies.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Bigpapi: 6:13am On Nov 28, 2021
MarveworldG:
We are in Port Harcourt for some interior design project, we needed water yesterday so we kept buckets outside while it was raining, you need to see this dark colored water.

The black sooth is real and we inhale it cry

Una go die be that o
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by thunderbabs: 6:20am On Nov 28, 2021
Lol..sky be like it's time I had my bath...poor sky
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by jidxin(m): 6:42am On Nov 28, 2021
Goodmarlian:
Niger delta is gone of Biafra happened it would have being better than this.
portharcourt said they aint part of Biafra again
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Poleski: 7:02am On Nov 28, 2021
Imagine how bad the air quality is. It would be horrible. Cancer of the lungs would be common there. 

That area needs steady rainfall to clean the air.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Realtalk20: 7:07am On Nov 28, 2021
obynzo:

Bro that comment from you is not cool at all. She is entitled to her opinions you don't need to make that condescending statement to her.

Noted

1 Like

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by KingEverest: 7:12am On Nov 28, 2021
odysey:
bunkering may have nothing to do with this
It's Gas flaring
Hmm are sure about that

1 Like

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by skedy1(m): 7:59am On Nov 28, 2021
Idamond:
Today's(Saturday) rain was not like other days in Port Harcourt the water was very dark and irritating..
I was just talking about this yesterday with my cousin. This calls for serious health concern. We need to always be on face mask, but how often can that even be?
Just put your finger through your nose, and see how dark it becomes. Makes me wonder the level at which the black soot is inhaled

It is sad!
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Tomahawk99(m): 7:59am On Nov 28, 2021
Goodmarlian:
Niger delta is gone of Biafra happened it would have being better than this.
Which kind mumu talk be this?
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Lisaint(m): 8:23am On Nov 28, 2021
Idamond:
Today's(Saturday) rain was not like other days in Port Harcourt the water was very dark and irritating..

And our dear Nigeria (FG) is a signatory to the Climate change blah blah

Ironically the same NNPC is under the same FG

And the environmental abuse continues

They will go to G7 countries to be pledging to curtail environmental abuse

But they still keep flaring gas, driling here and there, some people tapping from the pipeline and the security agencies will look away

Crude oil spillage here nd there!

They really need to suspend
Nigeria
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 28, 2021
Realtalk20:

While you are right my comment may seem condescending. Have you ever been to rivers state ? I guess not or you won't be feeling as you do. The women from that state are all cultural prostitutes. They are unambitious, two pent cheap cunts. They are all make up artists , tailors, shoe makers or hair dressers . Irrespective of whether they are graduates or not.

Whatever nonsense job they do, they are prostitutes on the side. 9o% of them have kids outside wedlock.. it's disgusting

Well you don't know her apart from a nairaland moniker so you shouldn't generalize
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by JustforMen: 8:37am On Nov 28, 2021
oluwaahmed:

Oga the major cause of that soot covering the entire capital city is gas flaring by multinational oil companies.

That is absolutely untrue, sir...
there is undisputable proof of what I am saying.
flaring does not cause soot but incomplete combustion does.
but if you insist on what you believe, then you are right. thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by moorevic(m): 8:41am On Nov 28, 2021
We have same black water when it rains in Aba, do we call sooth?
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by moorevic(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2021
JustforMen:

That is absolutely untrue, sir...
there is undisputable proof of what I am saying.
flaring does not cause soot but incomplete combustion does.
but if you insist on what you believe, then you are right. thank you

Most matured reply i've ever seen on NL.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by odysey: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2021
KingEverest:

Hmm are sure about that
spot is caused by burning and the smoke evaporates, Na so them teach us that year
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by KingEverest: 8:51am On Nov 28, 2021
odysey:
spot is caused by burning and the smoke evaporates, Na so them teach us that year
But bunkery also contributes
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Golan007: 9:07am On Nov 28, 2021
Lisaint:

And our dear Nigeria (FG) is a signatory to the Climate change blah blah

Ironically the same NNPC is under the same FG

And the environmental abuse continues

They will go to G7 countries to be pledging to curtail environmental abuse

But they still keep flaring gas, driling here and there, some people tapping from the pipeline and the security agencies will look away

Crude oil spillage here nd there!

They really need to suspend
Nigeria

Even in Norway, gas is still flared till tomorrow.

I can guarantee you, this isn't caused by gas flaring.

Was black soot pervasive in the 90s?

Why suddenly found when illegal refining is commonplace?
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Golan007: 9:08am On Nov 28, 2021
KingEverest:

But bunkery also contributes

It is the sole contributor.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Burruchaga71(m): 9:10am On Nov 28, 2021
God very very angry for Gov Wike
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by FreeStuffsNG: 9:58am On Nov 28, 2021
Realtalk20:

While you are right my comment may seem condescending. Have you ever been to rivers state ? I guess not or you won't be feeling as you do. The women from that state are all cultural prostitutes. They are unambitious, two pent cheap cunts. They are all make up artists , tailors, shoe makers or hair dressers . Irrespective of whether they are graduates or not.

Whatever nonsense job they do, they are prostitutes on the side. 9o% of them have kids outside wedlock.. it's disgusting

Cc Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Rule 2 broken
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by FreeStuffsNG: 10:06am On Nov 28, 2021
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

I assume you are an illiterate or a typical rivers girl who go to school just to have a certificate and end up as hair dresser , tailor of make up artist while doing prostitution on the side ?

No wonder you reason this way

Cc Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by membranus: 10:11am On Nov 28, 2021
desiredhome:

The government isn't doing nothing because they are the ones sponsoring the people doing the illegal business/kpofire...
They are doing out of hate/ignorant......it's our oil, bla bla bla yet when anybody that died as it's already killing people, they will say it's witch....

How is government sponsoring illegal bunkering or kpofire as you called it?

This is laughable.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by membranus: 10:14am On Nov 28, 2021
jaxxy:

U needed water so u put buckets outside when it’s raining? undecided No tap water in ph? undecidedDo u know the content of rain water?? undecided

Unless Ure stuck in the middle of the desert or with no option I don’t see why people should gather rain water.

Where in Nigeria is water flowing from government taps nowadays? Please tell me.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by buJu234: 10:16am On Nov 28, 2021
I will advise either the governor mandate nose masks for everyone (N95) or as a person I will relocate to another state..

Cos this may lead to future health crisis for some.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Femeto: 10:41am On Nov 28, 2021
Idamond:
Na the oil spillage and gas flaring for that area they cause am.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Naijaolosho2: 11:14am On Nov 28, 2021
jmoore:

Very normal to be suffering?

Stop misinterpreting her,she said the occurrence is not a new thing,not that suffering is normal. Try to read and digest before making comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Flown Abroad For Treatment After Brutal Beating / The Economist Newspaper Lambasts Buhari / Soludo's Wife, Nonye's Weight Loss Transformation Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.