Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

I Want To Buy A Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Buy A Car (1353 Views)

Would You Buy A Modern BMW-type "Front-Opening Door" Bubble Car For N4.9M? / Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? / 6 Of The Most Expensive Car Paint Options That Can Buy A New Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy A Car by jubianose(m): 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2021
I want to buy a Nigerian used car (toks standard), what are the document(s) that should or supposed to be given to me.

This is my first time

And I base in the east.

Pls guys tell me.....
Re: I Want To Buy A Car by jubianose(m): 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2021
Like the necessary documents I need to collect from the seller after I make payment.
Re: I Want To Buy A Car by Meklex(m): 2:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
Before making payment, make sure all the documents are complete. Like, you need to see the documents (original) before making payment.

I don't really know the documents you need, but customs paper is very very important

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy A Car by ospreywin(m): 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2021
Re: I Want To Buy A Car by jubianose(m): 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
Meklex:
Before making payment, make sure all the documents are complete. Like, you need to see the documents (original) before making payment.

I don't really know the documents you need, but customs paper is very very important

Ok thanks..
Re: I Want To Buy A Car by jubianose(m): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
I need more contributors pls ..
What are the documents I'm to collect oo
Re: I Want To Buy A Car by Dozieson(m): 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
jubianose:

Be careful if Nigerian used cars. Most of them are in bad shape. The body and interior may looks good but engine and gear is problematic.

Test drive for a very long distance when hot and be the first to start in the morning to check for smoke and gear engagement.

The papers you should look out for are:

1. Custom duties. There are guys that check wether it is original here on nairaland at the rate of 5k

2. Vehicle licence. Check the name of document to ensure it correspond with the owners name. Check the phone number used for the car registration. Call the number to ascertain the true owner

3. Proof of ownership

4. Police report

5. Insurance. Check wether it is active online

6. Road worthiness

Etc

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy A Car by Godons1: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
jubianose:

You will need a Police report to proof that, the seller owns the Car and he transfered the ownership to you. Failure to do this, Police go Dey chop your money anytime you come across them, while driving the Car.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy A Car by jubianose(m): 9:14am On Nov 28, 2021
Dozieson:

Be careful if Nigerian used cars. Most of them are in bad shape. The body and interior may looks good but engine and gear is problematic.

Teat drive for a very long distance when hot and be the first to start in the morning to check for smoke and gear engagement.

1. Custom duties. There are guys that check wether it is original here on nairaland at the rate of 5k

2. Vehicle licence. Check the name of document to ensure it correspond with the owners name. Check the phone number used for the car registration. Call the number to ascertain the true owner

3. Proof of ownership

4. Police report

6. Road worthiness

Etc

Thank you so much sir..
The car is in good shape.

This helps a lot. I appreciate
Re: I Want To Buy A Car by jubianose(m): 9:20am On Nov 28, 2021
Dozieson:

Teat drive for a very long distance when hot and be the first to start in the morning to check for smoke and gear engagement.

3. Proof of ownership

4. Police report

6. Road worthiness

Etc

Concerning the insurance, is there any website to check it online?
Re: I Want To Buy A Car by melviniyke2002(m): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
jubianose:

Concerning the insurance, is there any website to check it online?
yes....https://www.askniid.org/VerifyPolicy.aspx ....go to d website click on check policy,single den policy no or registration no

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy A Car by monalisa55: 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
chat me up. dad deals with car
Re: I Want To Buy A Car by Peppermintflav: 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2021
Re: I Want To Buy A Car by skywalker240(m): 8:57am On Nov 29, 2021
Dozieson:

3. Proof of ownership

4. Police report

6. Road worthiness

Etc
Baba na word you talk

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy A Car by 2special(m): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
jubianose:

Thank you so much sir..
The car is in good shape.

This helps a lot. I appreciate
make you run a comprehensive scan on a Nigeria used vehicle

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Obtaining A Driver's Licence In Nigeria / How Much Is Honda 2002 Gear? / Kia Optima Vs Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.