Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? (12740 Views)

Which Skill Can I Learn With My Phone And Data / What Profitable Skill Can I Learn Now Before The End Of The Year / Can I Combine Studying Medicine, Surgery And Work At The Same Time ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by winterlover: 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
AsomArchitectNG:

Do you think AutoCAD is Microsoft word?
Do you think you're the only smart one in the world. Calm down bro. The human brain is flexible if properly utilized.

5 Likes

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by NairaMaster1(m): 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
NNtv:
I just started learning bricklaying. And I want a tech skill which I can use to subliment the bricklaying work.

I go to the bricklaying work by 7am and come back by 5pm or 6pm. I don't just want to be a brick layer forever, so, I need a good skill which I can fall back to later. Something I can use the remaining time I have in the evening to be learning before I go to sleep.

I have personally thought about programming since I once took classes in it but couldn't finish it.

Someone should suggest something for me. A skill I can bank on if I decide to quit bricklaying.

1. Tiling
2. POP
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by NairaMaster1(m): 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2021
NNtv:
I just started learning bricklaying. And I want a tech skill which I can use to subliment the bricklaying work.

I go to the bricklaying work by 7am and come back by 5pm or 6pm. I don't just want to be a brick layer forever, so, I need a good skill which I can fall back to later. Something I can use the remaining time I have in the evening to be learning before I go to sleep.

I have personally thought about programming since I once took classes in it but couldn't finish it.

Someone should suggest something for me. A skill I can bank on if I decide to quit bricklaying.

1. Tiling
2. POP
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Chelshit080: 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
You don't need to learn anything in addition to your bricklaying skills. Be good in what you do and be ready for opportunities abound in civil engineering field. Work on your attitude and pray you meet a wonderful engineer or client sef...The sky is your starting point

6 Likes

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by samwash(m): 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
You just newly start this your brick laying work, by the time you because expact & start taking big big contracts, working from 7- 4 Monday to Saturday, when your body don scatter, come ask this kind question again.
Your best bet is always find time to learn computer skills for structural design of various kind.
Nor over work yourself for brick laying work oo he dey kill body

1 Like

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by BigDawsNet: 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
Software development

1 Like

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by PurpleSoftHub(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
I think you should learn how to use Graphic design softwares like Adobe Photoshop and illustrator, you can also learn how to design buildings since your into building already.

Top building design software.
1. Autocad
2. 3D Max
3. Civil 3D

2 Likes

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Dolho: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
Go for Vulture Grilling
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by AsomArchitectNG(m): 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
winterlover:
Do you think you're the only smart one in the world. Calm down bro. The human brain is flexible if properly utilized.

You know nothing there's no point arguing with you.

1 Like

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Bastard1stborn: 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ludo
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by SeriouslySense(m): 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
There is a lot, he has to define what he wants, its better he also does his research, not just relying on what people say.

But it a very good advice, and seems compatible with what he is already doing, the question is what does he want to do with tech.

Negroid001:
Architecture bro.
Learn autocad, revit, sketch up, lumion or any good architectural software.
You already have a good background already.

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by na2016: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
Abudu2000:
if u dm my email then u must be very dull.

If I were to be the OP, with this statement you made, I rather remain where I am than contact you again. You will be someone so full of yourself.
Helping someone doesn't mean you start by humiliating them. I can only imagine what you will call him much later in the training.
OP, never learn anything under people like this guy. They can make you lose your self-worth.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Cryptobits(f): 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Crypto trading
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sheriman:

You get good laptop that can handle that not all this 100K laptop oooo with intel graphics card

You know nothing about systems. So in your mind intel cards can't handle AutoCAD or what? AutoCAD , Revit, sketch up etc are not graphics intensive.
Have a medium range graphics (Intel or not). The main thing is the processor, cores and generation.

Op
With Intel Core I5, 5th Gen, Intel Hd 5000+ graphics, dual core with a base frequency of atleast 2.0 you are okay as far as architectural design is concern atleast for a beginner and an intermidiate.

1 Like

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by winterlover: 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
AsomArchitectNG:

You know nothing there's no point arguing with you.
Mr knowEverything.

1 Like

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Cryptobits(f): 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
I still wonder why people would put their funds into an investment they know nothing about. Only to decide to learn about the investment after losing a huge sum of their money. If you're a newbie in crypto, crypto education is the best thing you will do for yourself before putting your funds in there. Spend a part of that money educating yourself first and move with the pace.

The recent complains in my DM about newbies loosing money in crypto dá pain me. You cannot put your hard earned money into what you do not understand.

Do the right thing first, the space is still very early, and there is enough wealth creation to go round. Don't get poor trying to be richer. Get it right PLEASE!!!

If you interested in learning crypto you can either use YouTube, Google, call me (check my profile) or join m y c r y p t o n g on telegram

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by yinkeys(m): 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
YungTemy:
Advise from a Web Dev.

If you have a pc, you can strive to become a self-taught web developer. You can ration your time. Rest for an hour or two after work. And then , spend an hour or more coding, learn the basics: HTML, CSS & JavaScript. YouTube and google are your friends.

Your life will change drastically for the better , all you just require is a bit of patience.

Best of luck bro.
You obviously think the average person on earth will easily be able to code & make money from it.

Please stop spreading this lie. You’re obviously inexperienced to be giving such advice.
He said he’s a bricklayer for at least 10 hours daily.
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by petsey(m): 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
I like your courage, God will see you through.

1 Like

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by JaySterling: 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
Cyber security
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Justinlean02(m): 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
Learn NFTs and buy NFTs Money by Ajulu

1 Like

Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
Abudu2000:
Dm to learn drafting, let me help just help you.
whats drafting?
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by LikeAking: 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
Just tell dem say u one learn yahoo, yahoo.
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Abudu2000(m): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
AngelHoly:
whats drafting abeg
architectural designs, combined with his site experience he can become a Draftman who can work with an architect or engineer.
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Hespee93: 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
NNtv:
Thanks, I will learn that

Autocard, Skech Up and revit
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Matthewdan(m): 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
!
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Abudu2000(m): 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
winterlover:
not with autocad or BIM softwares bro. Even some masters degree brain couldn't handle those softwares let alone a virgin brain.
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Sheriman(m): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2021
AmosFishon:

You know nothing about systems. So in your mind intel cards can't handle AutoCAD or what? AutoCAD , Revit, sketch up etc are not graphics intensive.
Have a medium range graphics (Intel or not). The main thing is the processor, cores and generation.

Op
With Intel Core I5, 5th Gen, Intel Hd 5000+ graphics, dual core with a base frequency of atleast 2.0 you are okay as far as architectural design is concern atleast for a beginner and an intermidiate.
OK.. Mr Know it all please check Autodesk website for system requirements.
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Abudu2000(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2021
na2016:

If I were to be the OP, with this statement you made, I rather remain where I am than contact you again. You will be someone so full of yourself.
Helping someone doesn't mean you start by humiliating them. I can only imagine what you will call him much later in the training.
OP, never learn anything under people like this guy. They can make you lose your self-worth.
hahaha then remain there bro. Construction is the hardest job on earth, bricklayers kids hardly go beyond secondary school because by then their parents bodies are too weak to keep sponsoring the education. Someone asking to even teach you 1% of drafting is a gift.
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by Fiscus105(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
NNtv:

Tiling, building design and if possible alimanco
Re: What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? by okadoo: 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
Tiling or plumbing

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Did You Become A Teacher / How To Keep Your Jobs In A Difficult Economy - Entrepreneurs Advise Workers / 17 Ways To Be Happier At Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.