Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months (13108 Views)

FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline As UAE Suspends COVID Tests On Passengers / UAE To Commence Visa Issuance To Nigerians As FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airlines / Emirates Airline Introduce Diamond Coated Aeroplane (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by BigDawsNet: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
Dubia frequently travelers...food is ready grin
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by MPESA(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
If you know how much cotonou has generated from this government stupidness

Not only Benin Republic,Ghana and Kenya as well.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by winters007: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2021
grin una done start FG
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by powalez: 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
The lifting of ban wey I wan see na lifting of ban employment embargo abi wetin sef
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by odirk(m): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
good, Dubai travellers can joy now
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by MOTOPARK: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
Prechgold1180:
Dubai rejected my visa

My money waste
But one mind Dey tell me say my visa agent die my money tell me stories
when did put in your application?because dubai government put to a stop, to some levels of visa application due to the federal government ban on the National carrier
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by datapanel(m): 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by tshtsh: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
I dont agree with you on this. The ban was just a temporary difficulty for the good of all. Just to remind you of the policies that UAE govt introduced that led to the ban.

1. all travelers from Nigeria must fly directly into UAE via DXB airport (Only emirates flies directly from Nigeria into DXB).
2. All travelers from Nigeria must not transit through a third airport due to the 4hour rapid test requirement (if I see a ticket to dubai on ethiopian for NGN230,000 I will not be able to use it. It must be emirates or nothing. If I see airpeace for NGN250,000 I will not be able to buy because airpeace flies to Sharjah not DXB).
3. All travellers from Nigeria must do a PCR test 48 hours prior to departure from Nigeria and a rapid test at the airport 4 hours to departure and a repeat test on arrival in Dubai. (Who will pay for all these tests ? the tedious check in process at whose cost ? Why is same policy not applied to Ghana, south africa and other countries ? )

In my opinion it was a slap on the face of nigerians and I still cannot imagine why some nigerians expected the Nigerian government to accept this. There was no direct flight from march and Nigeria didnt collapse. Then if you go back to history UAE as a country had previously introduced policies to knock of any competition on that Nigeria - UAE route. When Bellview started the route they came up with a policy that knocked it off. When arik started they frustrated them out within one month. When Medview started they frustrated them out within 10 days. When airpeace started the CEO made it known to the press that if FG does not retaliate in the area of aviation policy the UAE will knock them out like they did to others before them. As he predicted they came up with this policy which would have knocked them out. But for once FG retaliated. These people are only interested in the money they get from Nigerian passengers and I will never fight for them by calling on FG to allow them have their way

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by shigishege: 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
As if Emirates know say anything happen

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by WHITELIGHTER: 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
tshtsh:

I dont agree with you on this. The ban was just a temporary difficulty for the good of all. Just to remind you of the policies that UAE govt introduced that led to the ban.

1. all travelers from Nigeria must fly directly into UAE via DXB airport (Only emirates flies directly from Nigeria into DXB).
2. All travelers from Nigeria must not transit through a third airport due to the 4hour rapid test requirement (if I see a ticket to dubai on ethiopian for NGN230,000 I will not be able to use it. It must be emirates or nothing. If I see airpeace for NGN250,000 I will not be able to buy because airpeace flies to Sharjah not DXB).
3. All travellers from Nigeria must do a PCR test 48 hours prior to departure from Nigeria and a rapid test at the airport 4 hours to departure and a repeat test on arrival in Dubai. (Who will pay for all these tests ? the tedious check in process at whose cost ? Why is same policy not applied to Ghana, south africa and other countries ? )

In my opinion it was a slap on the face of nigerians and I still cannot imagine why some nigerians expected the Nigerian government to accept this. There was no direct flight from march and Nigeria didnt collapse. Then if you go back to history UAE as a country had previously introduced policies to knock of any competition on that Nigeria - UAE route. When Bellview started the route they came up with a policy that knocked it off. When arik started they frustrated them out within one month. When Medview started they frustrated them out within 10 days. When airpeace started the CEO made it known to the press that if FG does not retaliate in the area of aviation policy the UAE will knock them out like they did to others before them. As he predicted they came up with this policy which would have knocked them out. But for once FG retaliated. These people are only interested in the money they get from Nigerian passengers and I will never fight for them by calling on FG to allow them have their way

Thanks for this enlightenment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by tshtsh: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
MPESA:

Not only Benin Republic,Ghana and Kenya as well.
Only less than 5% of potential travelers went via these countries. It was more expensive and tedious. I personally know up to 7 different people that cancelled their plans to travel to UAE due to the ban. NANTA president quoted that most nigerians opted for other destinations (egypt, seychelles , south africa.)

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by freedomtours(m): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
Prechgold1180:
Dubai rejected my visa

My money waste

When was that bro
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by monalisa55: 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2021
TripleAkutigi:
abba, tomorrow na now u wan con beg?
my sister promise today he will help me but this evening call me she cant make it the person he wanted to collect d money from let her down. i have no hope right now thats why . i dont know what to do
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by Samunique(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
dele1727:

grin grin grin

Ignorance is 1 of the core problems of the country and this society
Who is ignorant, the commenter or the FG ?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by damola1: 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
I am proudly Nigerian

tshtsh:

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by Originalsly: 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
FG said no PCR test. Emirates ignored FG and mandated testing less that 48 hours before flight and a second test by them immediately before flight. Why shouldn't the FG shut them down? After being disrespected abroad ... why would any Nigerian with balls allow a foreign entity to disrespect Nigerians in their own land?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by Princeton92(m): 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
And when will they lift ban on Twitter??
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by Bluffly: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
What should have been done?
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by EndBuhariNow(m): 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2021
And why the ban on the first place Cotonou and Ghana has made living out of buhari ignorance and stupidity, the dullard keep bringing out policy that will never add value to common man... blocking of borders when we don't have food security, banning of emirate when we that is using the airline is not complaining with their convit19 policy... why buari is bend in destroying Nigeria before he left This man 8 years in power should be add in our history as dark years of modern Nigeria
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by womenareapess: 10:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
And why the ban on the first place Cotonou and Ghana has made living out of buhari ignorance and stupidity, the dullard keep bringing out policy that will never add value to common man... blocking of borders when we don't have food security, banning of emirate when we that is using the airline is not complaining with their convit19 policy... why buari is bend in destroying Nigeria before he left This man 8 years in power should be add in our history as dark years of modern Nigeria
read and comprehen before you open your dirty mouth to talk undecided

If you are traveling you would understand why FG BANNED Emirate airline but poverty is very strong for you to understand this
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by chaloskyx: 10:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
WHO BANNED WHO? IS IT NOT EMIRATES THAT REFUSED TO PROVIDE SERVICES TO NAIJA DUE TO ITS FRADULET COVID POLICIES
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by Adebolamena(f): 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
Sorry to hear that.. I can help you do dubai visa
Prechgold1180:
Dubai rejected my visa

My money waste
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by Prechgold1180(m): 12:04am On Nov 28, 2021
freedomtours:

When was that bro
last month
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 28, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
If Nigeria no retaliate Na you go first come here dey shout Useless Nigeria Gorvernment !
UAE come turned una into modern day Animal............ While you are here calling your Gorvernment action Stupid . Simply because the Gorvernment is trying protect you from Racial discrimination and dehumanizing situation imposed on you !
Naija pipo na waah undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by virginchaser(m): 7:46am On Nov 28, 2021
They will definitely miss Nigerian families. Things can never be the same after Covid19 now omicron.
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by UncleBone: 7:49am On Nov 28, 2021
It is obvious a lot of people on nairaland are so foolish, ignorant and wicked that they hardly investigate or find out why some govt policies came to being. They are always quick to blame the government for every good action.

Welldone @tshtsh for enlightening the ignorant lot because these days I hardly reply these lots. They never follow the news. Always looking for the negative interpretation in every news...How to twist it to favour their foolish minds.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by Baileyz101(m): 7:53am On Nov 28, 2021
The Question is will the rapid covid test continue taking place at the Nigerian Airport?

If that will be the case then Buhari and co are mad
Re: FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months by Timmybr: 9:23am On Nov 28, 2021
powalez:
The lifting of ban wey I wan see na lifting of ban employment embargo abi wetin sef
that has been lifted too. Ask people living in UAE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Growth In Passengers’ Traffic Excites Akure Airport Manager / Cars Burning As Tanker Falls In Awka / Norway Admission And Free Tuition Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.