Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead (2269 Views)

Michael Kayode Bamisaye's Last Facebook Post Before Committing Suicide / Michael Kayode Bamisaye Commits Suicide In Ekiti / 'Disappearance’ Of Michael Adikwu And Kayode Opadokun: Offa Bank Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by bobbybrown007: 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
Copied
***POLICE OFFICER WHO ARRESTED LAWRENCE ANINI IS DEAD *****

Mr Kayode Uaneroro died yesterday morning. He was the police officer who ARRESTED notorious armed robber Lawrence Anini in the late 1980s. Kayode was the commandant at the Mopol training school at Gwoza when it was suggested to then IGP that if they were serious about getting Anini, Kayode was to be detailed for the task.

Standing at over six feet, dark and ripling with muscles with a no-nonsense visage, Kayode apart from being a crack Police detective also had a black belt in Karate. He had had many encounters with armed robbers and many had paid dearly. He was naturally the man to go after Anini who had become a kind of National ambarassment.

In a couple of weeks and acting on intelligence, Kayode and his ten man team of crack policemen working in mufti but heavily armed stormed into a Benin city house where Lawrence Anini was hiding. The latter wasn’t expecting the Police. He was shot on his left ankle by Kayode and immobilized. That was the end of the reign of Lawrence Anini and the national embarrassment he orchestrated also was terminated.

Shortly after that Koyode left the Police service and became the Chief security officer of a top bank. At that time we had become neighbours in the Akoka area of Lagos. He was a jolly fellow, a perfect gentleman and giant and rarely talked of his escapades in the Police. He humorously referred to his licenced personal rifle as ‘Bomboy’. He would ask his son to fetch ‘Bomboy’ whenever he sensed that armed and dangerous rascals were in the neighborhood. Anywhere he was and no matter the time, Kayode was always prepared for action. He didn’t allow ‘Bomboy’ to be too far away.

Kayode eventually studied Law and opened a private Law office in Ebute-Metta area of Lagos and practiced law till his demise. May he find rest. May his memory always be a blessing for all those who knew him. A great warrior he was.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by FreeStuffsNG: 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
RIP to a Great Nigerian Patriot. May God console all those he left behind. Adieu sir.
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by bobbybrown007: 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2021
Just imagine how it took them to kill him, my mind is telling me that before he could have killed him, he would have go to use or soak himself in jazz, he was not an easy fish you no. But thank God he has gone to meet his maker
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by Ammishaddai: 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2021
RIP to this great man who delivered the southwest from the menace called Lawrence Anini

1 Like

Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by Karemarealty288(m): 10:46pm On Nov 27, 2021
The Nigeria when only few armed robbers operated....

1 Like

Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by 2special(m): 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
RIP to this great man who delivered the southwest from the menace called Lawrence Anini
who told you, Anini operated only in the south west

1 Like

Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by OVB123: 12:01am On Nov 28, 2021
RIP man! Indomie generation will not know lawrence anini. Hmmmmm! How times fly.

1 Like

Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 28, 2021
Rip ! E make me remember Abba Kyari undecided

Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by seankay(m): 2:40am On Nov 28, 2021
RIP sir. I lived in his house during my service year in his home town Uzebba.
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by OnlineInvestmen(m): 4:18am On Nov 28, 2021
Ohk... Nxt
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by Chrissblown: 6:11am On Nov 28, 2021
seankay:
RIP sir. I lived in his house during my service year in his home town Uzebba.

You mean where his brother’s live (collector )
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by Disclaimer12: 7:43am On Nov 28, 2021
undecided
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by Realtalk20: 10:13am On Nov 28, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
RIP to a Great Nigerian Patriot. May God console all those he left behind. Adieu sir.

FreeStuffsNG

Is a website for scammers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by SportsHD: 10:18am On Nov 28, 2021
My friend is fucking his daughter. We went to see him around 2018 for an interview on how the whole anini issue went down. He refused an interview. Even though the pay was six figures. Very focused man. Rip sir.
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by seankay(m): 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2021
Chrissblown:

You mean where his brother’s live (collector )

Yes, you’re right. That’s the old man that sells water. I met the Kayode Uanrero during one of his visits home.
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by tafabaloo(m): 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
RIP sir !
Done with his assignment on earth.
May God console his family
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by Chrissblown: 9:23am On Nov 29, 2021
seankay:

Yes, you’re right. That’s the old man that sells water. I met the Kayode Uanrero during one of his visits home.

Though I’m from uzebba but I have met him just once
May his soul Rest In Peace
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by juman(m): 10:56am On Nov 29, 2021
Respect to the formal police officer.
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by seankay(m): 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
Chrissblown:

Though I’m from uzebba but I have met him just once
May his soul Rest In Peace

Yeah me too. He visited once when I lived in his house. I served at the late king’s school. I definitely enjoyed my time in the town.
Re: Mr Kayode Uaneroro Is Dead by DoctorDree(m): 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
Officers that made police interesting and great

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Government To Deport Nigerians Because Of Cult War - PHOTOS / A 19yrs Old Boy Molested By 4 Women / Must See Photo Of A Mysterious Baby With bosom (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.