Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Must The Groom Come With His Family To The Wedding Engagement? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Must The Groom Come With His Family To The Wedding Engagement? (256 Views)

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse / Banyankole Tribe Where Bride's Aunt Has Sex With Groom To Test Sexual Prowess / Emir Sanusi Took His Family To Cinema In UK (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must The Groom Come With His Family To The Wedding Engagement? by odutolu1(m): 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hi guys!

I have my wedding slated for next week, December 4. All preparations are in top gear. But one ugly situation seems to be bringing its ugly head up to tear things apart.

The wedding engagement is happening in Ikorodu, Lagos. I reside in Ota along Idi Iroko road. My dad's house is also in Ota but closer to Lagos.

Some hours ago, I informed my dad of my plans, telling him I'm leaving OTA on Friday for a hotel in Ikorodu area where I will be till Saturday so as to be settled and prepared.

I also planned for my friends (ore oko) to arrive at the hotel on Friday with me so there'd be no delay as the wedding would be starting by 10 am prompt.

Then my dad said it won't be possible. That I must leave Ota on that Saturday and go with him from our family house to the engagement.

Note: My friends are coming from Akure to Lagos and I planned for us to get lodged together on Friday to the next day. Would it be on Saturday I would ask them to start coming? Also, Ota to Ikorodu is between 3 to 4 hours journey, with all the traffic stress.

Is it a must that the groom comes with his parents and the rest of the family members, when it's not an introduction?

Kindly help push the topic to the front page.
Re: Must The Groom Come With His Family To The Wedding Engagement? by wandium: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
My brother, the ball is in your court. It's your wedding and you need to stand your ground man.
I'm a product of a very large family tree but I got married with just my dad, mom(rep-ed) and 1 of my sibling. Note I have 6 direct siblings and plenty cousins.

Truth is; it's your day and you have the liberty to define the tune. You are going to head a new home now mate, you have to stand by what you want.

1 Like

Re: Must The Groom Come With His Family To The Wedding Engagement? by funshint(m): 12:03am On Nov 28, 2021
Don't mind what the respondent above said, your situations are different. You should just try and sit him down and constructively and respectfully tell him the reason behind your arrangement. All I can see here is a clash of ego but remember he's still your father. A wedding must be a peaceful process through out, to it's completion.
Re: Must The Groom Come With His Family To The Wedding Engagement? by olus01(m): 12:10am On Nov 28, 2021
Your own wish should be your command

(1) (Reply)

AAUA Mass Communication Student Appointed As Official Oduduwa Artist / Foods That Help Control Bowel Bowel / Abuja - Nigeria's Capital City In 4K Drone Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.