Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds (3179 Views)

Tinubu Thrives In Controversy, Yet He Succeeds All The Time. / Ogbonnaya Onu May Be Buhari’s Favourite Candidate - Leadership / Falana: Buhari’s Greatest Tribute To Kyari Should Be Fixing Public Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
"Ask not what your counntry can Do For you, ask what you can do for your country" by John F Kenedy.

Everyday Nigerians yearns for a better country where citizens would not just eat three square meals a day but also with chicken and some fine wines.

I really can't boast of what the past have left us but I want a country where my children would be proud of the sacrifices my generation had made, if you want a better country and a better future there MUST be a price to it.

Petrol Subsidy Removal is the first step to getting it right in Nigeria, Note, any aspiring politician in Nigeria MUST borrow Buhari's left ear which he don't like to hear with otherwise you would lose focus soon enough.

Nothing had escalated corruption in the Nigerian history more than Petrol subsidy becuase by that every Nigerian became corrupt, virtually everyone is stealing from the treasury for every litre of petrol.

You might think that the biggest corrupt practices in Nigeria is the crooked allocation of oil wells but the biggest dollars are signed off through this subsidy, and subsidy did not just harm the petrochemical industries it harmed virtually everything.

Petrol Barron are crooks who would suply any amount of gasoline becuase the pay is directly from the national purse and Nigerians over use things that are dependent on petroleum because they don't understand how much they burn from the national purse each time that generator set is powered up.

Nigeria does not refine our crude oil part of the reason is because big petrol importers sabotage efforts to get our refineries working, what about electricity generation this same crazy affordability of petrol had equipped every home with generator set and people don't bother to put pressure on the government to generate more electricity apart from that, the same big conglomerate sabotage these efforts.

Now I know that Nigeria is a very crazy and densely corrupt country, but the reality is that everyone wants to be corrupt in this country, in fact everyone is corrupt, you can't be pointing fingers at the bigger fish when you want to steal over #200 from every litre of petrol you buy, if you look at it very well you figure out that in a month, an average Nigerian could have stolen more than #2000 from the country.

Don't even come here shouting how there is no job, really we export crude oil quite alright, then corrupt politicians and other chiefs would steal then we little people at the bottom steal then tell me how much would be left of our forex to achieve any meaningful thing.

Abroad remittances had been very significant becuase unlike us who stays here, abroad people don't steal from the country, yet they send back some money.

Irrespective of whatsoever reason I give, Nigerians would still prefer that subsidy stays but it is nothing but exhibition of an inherent corruption and unless the subsidy is removed when next you count list of corrupt Nigerians do remember to count yourself, we can't eat our cake and have it back subsidy is either removed today or we pay massive loans tomorrow.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Northernblood(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ewu ohia

7 Likes

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Mybetpicks: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
Nonsense.

If you people and your paymasters had the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians at heart, you would have removed subsidy when oil price was low. Nigerians would not have felt much as things would have normalized now. But those of you paying subsidies to yourselves in the name of subsidizing fuel for Nigerians want nigerians to keep suffering while you eat your cake and have it

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by rexlims(m): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
D same subsidy buhari and tinubu occupied nigeria for in 2012.
How many times have they increased fuel since 2015 all in d name of subsidy removal?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by deekseen(m): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
I don't understand how this is an achievement especially since they got into office on the wings of the falsehood that there was no subsidy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
Mybetpicks:
Nonsense.

If you people and your paymasters had the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians at heart, you would have removed subsidy when oil price was low. Nigerians would not have felt much as things would have normalized now. But those of you paying subsidies to yourselves in the name of subsidizing fuel for Nigerians want nigerians to keep suffering while you eat your cake and have it
There is no greater time to remove subsidy than now, it does not make economic sense to remove subsidy when dollar price was low, it is when it is high that it makes practical sense to remove it, the country can afford to pay #50 for subsidy but #200 that's a hell no, once subsidy is removed, dollar price will come down becuase Nigerians would use less fuel and there would be really less dollar needs, apparently nothing would be a achieved if we keep listening to flimsy excuses like you are giving, it was affordable for the government when dollar was less priced at this point Nigeria can't borrow huge loans to finance subsidy, if you can't afford petrol, sell your generator and use the proceed to start farming it is that simple.

2 Likes

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by helinues: 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
I am not in support of removing subsidy cos that would make the marketers to dictate the price they want for the petroleum products. Hardship on poor masses.

If there are transparency in the petroleum sector, FG would rather save more money from almost half of the same petroleum products they are paying for which are been sold to other countries.

1 Like

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 9:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
deekseen:
I don't understand how this is an achievement especially since they got into office on the wings of the falsehood that there was no subsidy.

The right thing should be done irrespective of whether it is against their campaign promises or not, all of you should have known earlier that they had no capacity to act on their campaign promises now that they reverted to the right thing, it is never too late to do what is right

1 Like

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Ammishaddai: 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
Some of these zombies supporting Buhari dont think before creating topics on this forum. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
helinues:
I am not in support of removing subsidy cos that would make the marketers to dictate the price they want for the petroleum products. Hardship on poor masses.

If there are transparency in the petroleum sector, FG would rather save more money from almost half of the same petroleum products they are paying for which are been sold to other countries.
If Subsidy is removed, petrol demand would reduce, there is no monopoly of petrol importers, Nigerians would enjoy similar price with what's obtainable in other countries without petrol subsidy, people would no longer need to put on the generator set to charge a cell phone, they can patronize mass charging centres and the number of cars would reduce on the roads, and less young people would go into fraud to afford a ride if they cant afford petrol, transport would almost remain the same just that more people would buy bicycles, better for the environment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
Fuel subsidy don suffer for una hand!

How many times una won remove am

Or does remove has another meaning in Buhari's dictionary

Hmmmm na wa oooooo

Nigerians really enter one chance!
Which kind confused government be this shocked shocked shocked shuooooo

4 Likes

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 9:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Some of these zombies supporting Buhari dont think before creating topics on this forum. undecided
Subsidy removal was never Buhari's idea, it is more like him swallowing his own words, removal of subsidy is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Northernblood(m): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
AlexBells:

There is no greater time to remove subsidy than now, it does not make economic sense to remove subsidy when dollar price was low, it is when it is high that it makes practical sense to remove it, the country can afford to pay #50 for subsidy but #200 that's a hell no, once subsidy is removed, dollar price will come down becuase Nigerians would use less fuel and there would be really less dollar needs, apparently nothing would be a achieved if we keep listening to flimsy excuses like you are giving, it was affordable for the government when dollar was less priced at this point Nigeria can't borrow huge loans to finance subsidy, if you can't afford petrol, sell your generator and use the proceed to start farming it is that simple .
Your comment is full of foolishness

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Northernblood:
It takes a fool to see that

1 Like

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Ammishaddai: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
AlexBells:

Subsidy removal was never Buhari's idea, it is more like him swallowing his own words, removal of subsidy is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when
So what mechanisms has he put in place to cushion the effect of the removal? And don't tell me it's that stupid fictitious 5k that the minister of unaccountability wants to 40million Nigerian?
Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ammishaddai:
So what mechanisms has he put in place to cushion the effect of the removal? And don't tell me it's that stupid fictitious 5k that the minister of unaccountability wants to 40million Nigerian?
The biggest mistake you would make is to think that I'm a Buhari supporter, I'm not a Buhari supporter but when he do what is right I say it, I don't know what measures he have and apparently it is stupid to try to set any measures now, remove it first the reactions and reality that follows it would determine the measures, the society would eventually adapt trust in the process.

1 Like

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
Northernblood:
Foolishness feels insulted!

As in these paid urchins can't even defend all these evil policies

See the dust wey that one dey yarn undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Northernblood(m): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
AlexBells:

If Subsidy is removed, petrol demand would reduce, there is no monopoly of petrol importers, Nigerians would enjoy similar price with what's obtainable in other countries without petrol subsidy, people would no longer need to put on the generator set to charge a cell phone, they can patronize mass charging centres and the number of cars would reduce on the roads, and less young people would go into fraud to afford a ride if they cant afford petrol, transport would almost remain the same just that more people would buy bicycles, better for the environment
May u die a painful death.

May we never have such stupid poor reasoning like this and buhari near our leadership again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Ammishaddai: 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
AlexBells:

The biggest mistake you would make is to think that I'm a Buhari supporter, I'm not a Buhari supporter but when he do what is right I say it, I don't know what measures he have and apparently it is stupid to try to set any measures now, remove it first the reactions and reality that follows it would determine the measures, the society would eventually adapt trust in the process.
I thank God you're not president because it is obvious you that you lack foresight and planning, and would prefer to see people miserable for no justified reason

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by helinues: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
AlexBells:

@ emboldened, has Nigeria as a country fixed the epileptic power supply across the country that would make the demand for petrol to reduce?

people would no longer need to put on the generator set to charge a cell phone, they can patronize mass charging centres

So fixing the power sector is not even existing in your solution to Nigeria's problems?

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Northernblood(m): 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
Look at how costly Cooking gas that is not regulated is. Many are now going back to firewood.

Instead of these idiots to advocate for our refinaries to be put in full use, to compete these criminal fuel importers forcing price down, they are busy supporting hardship on the masses.

Ndi iberibe nwuru anwu

5 Likes

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by ihimiray(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
Northernblood:

May we never have such stupid poor reasoning like this and buhari near our leadership again
why are u wishing death upon him.... Dis is just stupid. Cant u just have a decent argument without insults

6 Likes

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2021
Northernblood:

Well unfortunately for for you, wishes are not horses and lol, Buhari had over 5 years already so the earlier you realise your wishes works in opposite the better you can chanel

1 Like

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
helinues:

@ emboldened, has Nigeria as a country fixed the epileptic power supply across the country that would make the demand for petrol to reduce?

So fixing the power sector is not even existing in your solution to Nigeria's problems?

undecided

The money spent on subsidy in a year can improve electricity by over 4%, if subsidy removal and the returns are well managed, Nigeria can have stable electricity in the next 25 years, read the original post not the reply, made mention of the fact that since the livewire of Nigeria revolves around petrochemicals, then so many things are marred by this subsidy as simple as it may seem

1 Like

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by ihimiray(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
AlexBells:

Well unfortunately for for you, wishes are not horses and lol, Buhari had over 5 years already so the earlier you realise your wishes works in opposite the better you can chanel
guy in response to dat guy... I pray u live long

1 Like

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Northernblood(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2021
ihimiray:
why are u wishing death upon him.... Dis is just plain true stupid. Cant u just have a decent argument without insults
I don't take it easy with fools that doesn't well before speaking. Idiots like op will cause more death to the mass than buhari if he finds way to power, so he rather die off than living to take other innocent lives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
ihimiray:
guy in response to dat guy... I pray u live long
Amen, life is a gift, I don't know how much time I have left, but I just need enough to fulfill my destiny, I live every moment, it only people that don't understand that wish others death for holding an opinion but every statement I make brings me closer to fulfilling my destiny,

I'm not perfect and I make mistakes, sometimes I could even take actions that may endanger lives but I don't deliberately wish people bad unless in situations where more could be saved by doing less damages. Thanks for the support

2 Likes

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Northernblood(m): 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2021
What foolish op is saying can be related to saying "It is better that prices of cooking ingridients keeps rising so that people can patronize resturants"
I will travel from Aba to Warri using bicycle anuofia

Many nigerians are very foolish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by after4: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
It will be the greatest display of his hypocrisy, buhari is a hypocrite. Hope tinubu and rinse bakare will occupy Lagos this time around.
By the time buhari comes down from presidency, Oxford dictionary will have to change the meaning of integrity.
Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by AlexBells(m): 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
Northernblood:
I don't take it easy with fools that doesn't well before speaking. Idiots like op will cause more death to the mass than buhari if he finds way to power, so he rather die off than living to take other innocent lives
It is better if people MUST die let it happen today so that the future could be saved, you don't becuase you want to keep buying petrol at cheaper price mortgage the future of our children,

Fuel subsidy should be removed, all these loans who would pay it, the question is when is the electoral process going to be effective so that credible candidates could get elected,

Trust me subsidy Removal is not a death sentence, transport workers can be given parliatives and people who owns more than 1 car could sell off some,

Look We can't all keep stealing from the country and believe that things would change, natural resources could be used up, and when you look at the individual this subsidy is not making much of a difference, they don't even understand its values and impact once it is removed people would first appreciate what they had been enjoying and majority would obviously adapt then those that can't adapt would be taken up a welfare program where there would be health insurance for the extremely poor.

1 Like

Re: Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds by Mybetpicks: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
AlexBells:

There is no greater time to remove subsidy than now, it does not make economic sense to remove subsidy when dollar price was low, it is when it is high that it makes practical sense to remove it, the country can afford to pay #50 for subsidy but #200 that's a hell no, once subsidy is removed, dollar price will come down becuase Nigerians would use less fuel and there would be really less dollar needs, apparently nothing would be a achieved if we keep listening to flimsy excuses like you are giving, it was affordable for the government when dollar was less priced at this point Nigeria can't borrow huge loans to finance subsidy, if you can't afford petrol, sell your generator and use the proceed to start farming it is that simple.

You are still posting nonsense to justify what cannot be justified.

When oil and gas price was low, your paymasters still paid subsidies but the prices on the oil and gas products never reduced. The people feeding fat then didn't ask what they can do for the country.

What better time to remove subsidy when costs were low? Market forces would have taken over and by now price normalized with no much effect on the massses.

Now the next chance is to wait till Dangote refinery comes onboard.

Refineries are comatose and not producing anything, but getting huge allocations because your paymasters have no political will to fix things. The same people benefiting are those the bulk of the subsidies are going to. It is not those causing this that have something to offer the country, but the man on the street according to your thinking.

The years of mismanagement and looting is coming back to bite, and whats your solution? Take from the masses first before your paymasters reduce their take. It might work for a while, but you can keep squeezing the towel, at a point, no water will drop.

Do not ever try to justify your allowance or your slice of the cake here again by shifting the blame from your paymasters to the hardworking masses, in spite of the unfavourable conditions still toiling hard and ensuring that their families are catered for and by proxy, the national cake is whole for your type to have a slice from.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Things Are Falling Apart In Nigeria by South Africans / Peter Obi Dances In "Tinubu's Lagos" As He Campaigns (Pics) / Emefiele Sack: How Constitutional Is His Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.