Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Spamming Your Timeline Through Unsolicited Tagging - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Spamming Your Timeline Through Unsolicited Tagging (116 Views)

Spamming Tools / My Helper Might Be On Your Timeline / Savagery!! See How Girl Called Out A Guy For Always Tagging Her On Facebook(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spamming Your Timeline Through Unsolicited Tagging by Nmtransafrica: 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
Is there any way to block people from tagging me in their posts? NO, but you can put up a setting that requires you to review all tags before they take up your entire timeline.

As an entrepreneur using social media to build your business, your timeline is like a landing page and you don’t want so many unnecessary posts that has nothing to do with what you represent on your timeline, sometimes those kinds of post already drown all your post and people hardly see your post.

It’s important you keep your timeline clean and streamlined for the kind of audience you are trying to attract.

In my ritual as a top leader, I take my time to check my new leader’s timeline so I could offer some audit tips, one major issue I notice all the time is the tagging without cautions. You begin to wonder if they actually own the social media account.

I really don’t like it when I’m tagged in a photo or status update that’s embarrassing or doesn’t even pertain to me in some way. Some are always tagging people in all their sales post making your timeline look spammy.

Like I said earlier there’s no way to prevent someone from tagging you in a post, but you can force Facebook to ask your permission before a post you’re tagged in appears on your timeline.

In a nutshell, you’ll be able to review all requests to tag you in a post and then determine whether you want to allow it to be posted to your own Timeline.

If you choose not to allow the tag, the tagged post will not appear on your Timeline.

Just follow the steps below for the device you’re using to enable these options on your Facebook account.

If you use Facebook in a web browser on a laptop or desktop computer:
1 – Log into your Facebook account.

2 – Click the down arrow at the far-right side of the Menu bar near the top of the Facebook window.

3 – Click Settings & Privacy.

4 – Click Settings.

5 – Click the Profile and Tagging link over in the left-hand column.

6 – Scroll down to the “Reviewing” section and change the first and third settings to On.

If you use the Facebook app on a mobile device:
1 – Log into your Facebook account.

2 – Tap the Menu icon (it looks like three horizontal lines stacked atop one another).

3 – Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.

4 – Tap Settings.

5 – Scroll down to the “Privacy” section and tap Profile and Tagging.

6 – Scroll down to the “Reviewing” section and change both settings to On.

That’s all there is to it. After putting up the setting, you’ll be prompted to review all tagging requests and either approve or deny them individually.

I hope you can return sanity back to your timeline and stay away from spammy tags.

Thank you for reading to the end, remember to always visit our blog for more vital updates!!

(1) (Reply)

Top Wedding Catering In Ahmedabad For Marriage / Ios 6 A Step Towards Mobile Web / Native App Parity? / NDLEA Laments Increase In Psychotropic Substances Among Gombe Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.