Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh (26198 Views)

Super Eagles: Serbian Mladen Krstajic Lined Up To Replace Gernot Rohr / Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by robosky02(m): 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ex-Super Eagles coach, Jo Bonfrère may replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh

Jo Bonfrère could make a shock return to the Super Eagles after he formally submitted his application to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

This was revealed by the Eagles’ former media officer, Colin Udoh.

Udoh also claimed current handler, Gernot Rohr, is close to being fired by the NFF.

Rohr’s job has come under scrutiny following a string of poor performances and results by the national team.

The NFF is currently negotiating a pay-off with the German tactician, while they interview potential candidates.

“The NFF is currently in the process of paying off current coach Gernot Rohr to terminate his contract while interviewing candidates for the job,” Udoh tweeted.

Bonfrere is familiar with the Super Eagles, having served as the team’s coach on two occasions and as an assistant in another stint.

He served as Super Eagles assistant coach under Clemence Westerhof at the 1994 World Cup before leading the Dream Team to the gold medal in the football event of the Atlanta 1996 Olympics.

He left his role after the Olympics but returned in 1999 to lead Nigeria to a second-place finish at the 2000 Africa Cup of Nations.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/29/ex-super-eagles-coach-jo-bonfrere-may-replace-gernot-rohr-colin-udoh/

14 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by WibusJaga: 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2021

Supported. & Let him be assisted by Stephen Keshi.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by Massiveglory: 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
WibusJaga:

Why not by Shaibu Amodu

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by robosky02(m): 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bonfrere is a complete Nigerian

He will even be in ajegunle scouting boys

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by paulolee(m): 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
he had two successful stint with the eagles but am still not convinced he is the right man for d job after I saw the number of teams he had managed before n after the naija job..
a coach dt is more tactically inclined like d nigeria media do paint an dnt av a top shot job apart from UAE n south korea should be called for questioning..
they say wen d available is unavailable, d unavailable becomes available, since this man is an upgrade to rhor, its a good development but I still think a local coach isnt a bad idea..
enough of these foreigners eating our dollars n besides our best super eagles performance in d last decade was from a local Stephen keshi..
may he continue to R.I.P

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by paulolee(m): 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
robosky02:
Bonfrere is a complete Nigerian

He will even be in ajegunle scouting boys
Comrade calm down na....not when d NFF still calls d shots..
the fall of grassroots football isnt bcoz of our coaches bt bcoz of our corrupt leaders in d glass ous dt prefer taking bribes from the agents of outside players than playing home based..
they would say our local guys lacks experience, how do dey get this experience without being called up?
even if jo demands for raw talents, it still boils down to wat the NFF chooses bcoz dey gave him d job..
this problem is d major headache of almost all National team.coaches bcoz dey are controlled by d country F.A....for example southgate would keep playing d likes of sterling, kane, rashford, lingaard, sancho ahead of any EPL inform stars no matter dier form simply bcox d F.A would always please dier big clubs.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by Maxymilliano(m): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
If NFF cannot procure the service of a good coach for the Super Eagles instead of reappointing Bonferee, then it's better we retain and stick to Rohr

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by robosky02(m): 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
paulolee:
he had two successful stint with the eagles but am still not convinced he is the right man for d job after I saw the number of teams he had managed before n after the naija job..
a coach dt is more tactically inclined like d nigeria media do paint an dnt av a top shot job apart from UAE n south korea should be called for questioning..
they say wen d available is unavailable, d unavailable becomes available, since this man is an upgrade to rhor, its a good development but I still think a local coach isnt a bad idea..
enough of these foreigners eating our dollars n besides our best super eagles performance in d last decade was from a local Stephen keshi..
may he continue to R.I.P

Of all the coaching local and foreign that has coached Nigeria ..... This Jo Bofrere stands out for me in technical ability.

1 When Westherhof was here he did the coaching while Bonfrere did the technical stoff neatly.... He can read match.

2. He has a very strong mentality to play him, even if you are Argentina or Brazil you will shiver because he instill an unusual mentality in his boy .... Check at his Atlanta 96 record.

His weakness
I think he is more of a technical man than a coach. When he was given the super eagles in 2000 the team tried but he couldn't scout fresh legs but managed to use his strength match reading to take us to the finals thou we lost on penalty to Cameroon
2. He doesn't seen to have age on his side at 75.... He may not be able to meet the stress involved

The way forward

If we appoint him, we need an Ammunike or Amokachi to do the coaching with him while he adds the technicality of match reading to the team. Then we are good to go

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by Starboytwo(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
Are we going forward or back-forward. Bonfere jo, for real? Him still Dey coach? Well, I’m sure Amaju is not mad.

27 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by BarrElChapo(m): 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
I bet he's only after earning a retirement pension grin

3 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by 9jaBloke: 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
cry Dem use foreign retired and tired coaches swear for us?

11 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by MVLOX(m): 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
We too dey romantize the past for this country.... Shuu

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by Dee60: 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
Jo or joke?

1 Like

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by damosky12(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bonfrere Joe is seventy five years, possibly past his prime in the job. He hasn't handled any top side for years. Very likely, he isn't familiar with the dynamics of modern football.

What does Pinnick's NFF take Super Eagles for?

10 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by Authoreety: 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
Naija and recycling old cargoes

5 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by Coded081(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
WibusJaga:

Dis ur weed no Gud 4 U

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by ppogba: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
Las las, na stones and curses we go take pursue Amaju Pinnick as FA Chairman.

6 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by confirmedniggae: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
dem for hire bon fire na

1 Like

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by updatechange(m): 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
I prefer Betty voght

2 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by kingthreat(m): 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bonfree is way too old

2 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by SirLakes: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
We keep putting old men in key position grin

Like the way zombies resurrected slow Buhari to destroy the country

8 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
What kind of a stupid contree going on a merry go round is this? Tuuueeeeeeh

Does Bofere Joe undertstand mordern football? Some of you may not understand shaaaa

3 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by juman(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bonfere again.
He is too old.
Why not a Nigerian man?

6 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by ppogba: 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Starboytwo:
Are we going forward or back-forward. Bonfere jo, for real? Him still Dey coach? Well, I’m sure Amaju is not mad.

You cannot be too sure he is not mad. Remember, many are mad but.only few are roaming.

6 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by Kingcalls: 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Smh...confused country
Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by DisLifeSha: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
I pray make this man takeover
Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by BigDawsNet: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
grin. I care less

The question is .. Who is fit to replace Osimeh
Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by gentleman82: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
Good one as long as super eagles won't cut my ticket again
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire after you die. Jesus Christ love and warns you to repent and convert now to Christianity to avoid hell fire. Only Jesus Christ can save you by his death on the cross and his blood which washes away your sins, any other ways ( Islam, paganism, Hinduism, atheism, etc) can not save you. Be wise while you still have the chance accept Jesus Christ now and save your soul from hell. Be wiser than Satan and follow the one true God. This is the eternal truth from the spiritual realm.

1 Like

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by Buharifan: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
Analogue coach.

They should hire people like Pep Guardiola or may be Mourinho.

1 Like

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by Richy4(m): 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
I have no idea that Nigeria love recycling products that much...
The presidents ... Coaches.. water bottles etc.. Etc grin

4 Likes

Re: Jo Bonfrère May Replace Gernot Rohr – Colin Udoh by mamaafrik(m): 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
But let's learn his antecedences.
A Local coach can assist him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Eagles Drop 9 Places In FIFA Ranking / FIFA Rankings: Nigeria Moves To 48th Spot [Top 10] / Lukaku's Monkey Chants Was A Form Of "Respect" And Not "Racist"- Inter Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.