Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,917 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:54 AM

Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter (35827 Views)

Former Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey, Launches New Social Media Platform / Inside Jack Dorsey’s Btrust Members’ Plan To Facilitate Financial Freedom / Jack Dorsey Attempts To Buy Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Ugandatales: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
Omoluabiii:
Twitter agreed to Nigeria terms,
the ceo was against the idea, but other board member agreed, so he decided to step down.
Man of integrity.
If twitter start its operation back in Nigeria, Use it at your own risk.

How do you know this?
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by sematec(m): 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
when will all this bad leaders resign
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Latakia(f): 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2021
His resignation is one of the conditions Buhari gave Twitter grin

IPOB apologists will masturbate and disagree grin

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by lomprico(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
lambsbread:
When will seun resign from Nairaland?

abeg o! let him stay o! imagine mynd44 running nairaland?
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Omniman(m): 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
lambsbread:

Seun no fit resign... As an African man, na from generation to generation Nairaland go dey go grin
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
I remember telling folks here that Twitter was a loss making company and his tactless way of leaving Twitter Nigeria in the hands of the IPOB terrorists was costly enough to cost him his job. Nigeria was a cashcow and he could have monitored those he left to manage it.
Till date, I still don't know who it was that made Twitter leave the threat by the IPOB terrorists leader to kill our armed forces personnel for days after deleting the post of PMB they considered as inappropriate.
He was completely ignorant of the true events in Nigeria and it's over 1 year now, we are still looking for the true victims of Lekkilies yet his platform was used to spread the fake lies the IPOB terrorists hid behind to burn down Lagos on the instruction of their leader in a viral audio. It took a free tweet that took less than 2 minutes to write and send to bring down a multibillion dollar company: in life it takes extreme hardwork to build but to destroy takes few minutes.

I hope he will learn to carefully select personnel he will leave his business with in strategic places like Nigeria.
It's the ban in Nigeria that brought Twitter down and with it went Jack. The investors could no longer continue with the slow growth in profitability amidst growing competition and nationalism.
Twitter a loss making company? What brand of weed exactly are you smoking?

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by JayPeeOham: 8:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Na lie joe...Them don sack am!!! grin
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by FreeStuffsNG: 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

Twitter a loss making company? What brand of weed exactly are you smoking?
You are a Pa now. A Pa should not be behaving recklessly online nau. I don't indulge in exchange of uncouth words.
Twitter as at 2020 (IPOB terrorists attack on Lagos took place in 2020 sir) made a net loss of $1.14 billion (equivalent of approx. half a trillion naira)
Here's the link you should have asked for politely instead of being rude.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/twitter-announces-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-year-2020-results-301225278.html

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by lkillbrokehoes: 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mariangeles:
Seun, can you resign from nairaland? cheesy
E be like say, ban dey hungry you to collect. cool
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Golan007:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/11/29/twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey-is-expected-to-step-down-sources-say.html

Jack Dorsey to Twitter

Hello team.

After almost 16 years of having a role at our company...from co-founder to CEO to Chair to Exec Chair to interim-CEO to CEO...I decided it's finally time for me to leave. Why?
There's a lot of talk about the importance of a company being founder-led. " Ultimately I believe that's severely limiting and a single point of failure. I've worked hard to ensure this company can break away from its founding and founders. There are 3 reasons I believe now is the right time.

The first is Parag becoming our CEO. The board ran a rigorous process considering all options and unanimously appointed Parag. He's been my choice for some time given how deeply he understands the company and its needs. Parag has been behind every critical decision that helped turn this company around. He's curious, probing, rational, creative, demanding, self-aware, and humble. He leads with heart and soul, and is someone I learn from daily. My trust in him as our CEO is bone deep.

The second is Bret Taylor agreeing to become our board chair. I asked Bret to join our board when I became CEO, and he's been excellent in every way. He understands entrepreneurship, taking risks, companies at massive scale, technology, product, and he's an engineer. All of the things the board and the company deserve right now. Having Bret in this leadership role gives me a lot of confidence in the strength of our board going forward. You have no idea how happy this makes me!

The third is all of you. We have a lot of ambition and potential on this team. Consider this: Parag started here as an engineer who cared deeply about our work and now he's our CEO (I also had a similar path...he did it better!). This alone makes me proud. I know that Parag will be able to channel this energy best because he's lived it and knows what it takes. All of you have the potential to change the course of this company for the better. I believe this with all my heart!

Parag is CEO starting today. I'm going to serve on the board through rny term (May-ish) to help Parag and Bret with the transition. And after that...1'11 leave the board. Why not stay or become chair? I believe it's really important to give Parag the space he needs to lead. And back to my previous point, I believe it's critical a company can stand on its own, free of its founder's influence or direction.

I want you all to know that this was my decision and I own it. It was a tough one for me, of course. I love this service and company...and all of you so much. I'm really sad...yet really happy. There aren't many companies that get to this level. And there aren't many founders that choose their company over their own ego. I know we'll prove this was the right move.

We'll have an all-hands meeting tomorrow at 9:05 AM Pacific to discuss it all. Until then, thank you all for the trust you've placed in me, and for the openness to build that trust in Parag and yourselves. I love you all.
jack
PS I'm tweeting this email. My one wish is for Twitter Inc to be the most transparent company in the world. Hi mom!

"He did not mention Buhari spoke to him in a language he finally understood". - Village People Spokesperson.

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by donbrowser(m): 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:
I believe this has a lot to do with the Nigeria twitter ban. Twitter's stock really plummeted from the ban. PMB is big grin grin

When you're big, you're big abeg.

The President of Africa.

The Nnamdi Kanu's slayer. cheesy

You're so dull like the man you support
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by saintade01(m): 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
More like EndSars Ended Jack

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by frog12: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
he dey look for someone else to be scapegoat

Felabrity:
Hope he wasn't blackmailed
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by frog12: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
hmm. indian crooks, that's why

Timetravel88:
Indians taking over, from google to twitter
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by drealcivilceno(m): 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
lambsbread:

We will look into the issue cool
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by backT(m): 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2021
Sasi54:
I hope say no b buhari cause make him run
He understood the language very well. According to the source familiar with the happening, the board were not happy with him because he is losing the giant of Africa market due to his ego. Not only Nigeria, other countries take a leaf from the way Nigeria handled them, hence the board confidence on him was dwindling.
I WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS, VERY SOON TWITTER WILL BE RESTORE IN NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
money121:
Expect update from oga Lair muhammed grin grin

Awon Oni yeye grin grin
forget that man. Jack is going into the space tourism business just like Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by DavidKajo94(m): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Which one is "it's unclear who is set to succed Dorsey" something that is boldly written in his statement. Abi una no see the "Parag" wey them right there ni. Our Nigerian journalists sha, mtcheeew
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by authority2006(m): 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
Rebuke:
Hope the next person will take a brutal decision regarding Nigeria ban from Twitter

I tried to make sense out of your post but couldn't. I wish those that gave you 13 likes can interpret your comment. Lol
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Omoluabiii(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2021
[quote author=Ugandatales post=108067417]

How do you know this?[/quote/]
insider tip

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by fashrola(m): 8:34am On Nov 30, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:
I believe this has a lot to do with the Nigeria twitter ban. Twitter's stock really plummeted from the ban. PMB is big grin grin

When you're big, you're big abeg.

The President of Africa.

The Nnamdi Kanu's slayer. cheesy

Your dullness is embedded in your DNA
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by zone51: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2021
lambsbread:

Ijebu man? to pay for ads self, he uses his personal account instead of a corporate account. He won't step down oh! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Ugandatales: 10:40am On Nov 30, 2021
[quote author=Omoluabiii post=108078732][/quote]

Okay. It makes sense sha. Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Ugandatales: 10:41am On Nov 30, 2021
zone51:

Ijebu man? to pay for ads self, he uses his personal account instead of a corporate account. He won't step down oh! grin grin

Are you serious?
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by zone51: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2021
Ugandatales:

Are you serious?

See here

Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by Ugandatales: 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
zone51:

See here

Hahaha! Thanks for this.

I guess he doesn't want to pay too much taxes.

By the way, how is your experience advertising with Nairaland?
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by webizone(m): 10:49am On Dec 01, 2021
Mariangeles:

Lai probably frustrated him with his unreasonable dumbness!

I won't doubt if Buhari and his people see Jack's stepping down as an achievement. undecided

They already do. This is vanguard's headline:
Twitter and #EndSARS; Jack Dorsey’s resignation letter
November 29, 2021
Re: Jack Dorsey Resigns From Twitter by KaplanDee: 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mysterious Fireball Spotted In Sky Across Metro Detroit USA ( Pics, Video) / Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? / Nigerian Man Constructs A Transformer In Aba, Abia State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.